Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I've tried to be as specific as possible so I included such things, because it gives a better overview of her qualifications if I need to refer to something.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My point was that it doesn't affect her timeline, since she wouldn't have needed any extra time to take the psych course if it was part of her undergrad education.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

I've heard that there are several versions of CotG out there -one has edited out the briefing room comments by Sam about 'reproductive organs' as well as the nude scene of Sha're (sp?). While I can do without the nudity, I rather enjoy Sam's saucy remark.
        "Children of the Gods: The Final Cut" is a separate DVD that Brad Wright did because he didn't like the original pilot version. It was his way of reworking the pilot so it was to his liking. He didn't want the nude scene (but the network insisted). He didn't like Sam's "reproductive organs" comment (but I think Glassner wrote it and wanted it, so it stayed in). There were a bunch of other changes as well, and I actually think it wasn't as good as the original pilot version, in spite of the nude scene. He took out a few other Sam comments that I was annoyed about. I haven't watched it in awhile, but I think (and I could be horribly wrong) he took out the scene with Jack and Sam at the event horizon where Jack pushes her through. (I may have to go back and watch it again to see.) The briefing room scene is rather confusing with the stuff that was left in.

The neat thing with this version is that RDA and Brad Wright do the commentary, and it's the only time RDA did a commentary.

Comment

The briefing room scene is choppy now and Jack comes across as a bit sexist when he, out of the blue, says it has nothing to do with her being a woman (since they cut her line). They also cut Ferretti's "naked!" after Kawalsky describes going through the gate as going through a blizzard.

The part of the "fluctuations in the event horizon" and Jack pushing Sam through is still there, but that's all that's left of it. Nothing about her telling him she won't let him down and that he'll get to like her once he gets to know her, or that he adores her already. Jack just stands there a bit skeptical and pushes her through.

There are a lot more differences and even a few extra scenes. MS and AT came back to do their lines over but now the brainstorming in the cartouche chamber is different too, no MacGyver-reference or mention of the Doppler shift. Very simplified. We do see more of the chamber though and actually see them using the video camera.

The harem scene is gone though, we only see Sgt Ketterings and Sha're (without the nudity this time) and they've changed the sequence of some of those scenes. There are a few more shots of Teal'c, which show more of his disdain about the implantation/selection. And he gives a bit more information about being a Jaffa (that it's his 12th symbiote).

They also changed the ship that brings Apophis, Sha're and Klorel to the gate, IIRC.

After filming there turned out to be a scratch on the film itself which meant they couldn't use some of the scenes of that day and with modern technology they were able to fix that which is why there are a few more scenes.

Oh and the worst thing they've done is add more of the autopsy scene with Dr MacKenzie in the beginning! They show the bodies of the Jaffa, one male and a female (who for some reason Brad Wright didn't even know had a strap over her breasts ) because they now know there are also female Jaffa warriors out there... Uh yeah, the Hak'tyl were the exception, not the rule. It's stupid.

Plus they changed the ending of the pilot, leaving out that Kawalsky was snaked (so it was more a standalone movie).

The commentary mentions a lot of the differences (there's a transcript) but I still prefer the original pilot, which I don't have.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            The briefing room scene is choppy now and Jack comes across as a bit sexist when he, out of the blue, says it has nothing to do with her being a woman (since they cut her line). They also cut Ferretti's "naked!" after Kawalsky describes going through the gate as going through a blizzard.
            <snipped>
            The commentary mentions a lot of the differences (there's a transcript) but I still prefer the original pilot, which I don't have.

Thanks, fems & hedwig!
            Too bad I can't have one made-to-order. I'd love to see the additional scenes, and as I said...I would cut out the nudity (I just don't think it was necessary in any way to the story), but it sounds like a lot was lost in the 'Final Cut'. I think I'll stick with the original pilot -and watch/buy the final cut when I have the chance, just to see the additional scenes.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              Thanks, fems & hedwig!
              Too bad I can't have one made-to-order. I'd love to see the additional scenes, and as I said...I would cut out the nudity (I just don't think it was necessary in any way to the story), but it sounds like a lot was lost in the 'Final Cut'. I think I'll stick with the original pilot -and watch/buy the final cut when I have the chance, just to see the additional scenes.
              I think there are 'final cuts' on Netflix. It turns out I watched an extended scene of Enemy at the Gate most people who watched the episode on the television missed.
              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                I think there are 'final cuts' on Netflix. It turns out I watched an extended scene of Enemy at the Gate most people who watched the episode on the television missed.
                What scene is the extended scene in "Enemy at the Gate"? Supposedly the version I have on my SGA, Season 5 disc is an extended version, but when I watch it I just can't seem to figure out what makes it an extended version.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  What scene is the extended scene in "Enemy at the Gate"? Supposedly the version I have on my SGA, Season 5 disc is an extended version, but when I watch it I just can't seem to figure out what makes it an extended version.
                  The scene where Todd is talking to Woolsey is longer. He explains why it's harder to put a ZPM in a hive than a cloning facility and makes fun of him.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

The scene where Todd is talking to Woolsey is longer. He explains why it's harder to put a ZPM in a hive than a cloning facility and makes fun of him.
                    Thanks. Must go watch episode again soon.

Comment

A stupid question: How old would Torren John (Teyla's kid) be by the end of Enemy at the Gate?

Comment

A stupid question: How old would Torren John (Teyla's kid) be by the end of Enemy at the Gate?
                        About one year old, assuming one season lasts about a year.

Comment

When dealing with a Matriarchal society would it be wrong to have a male on the team?
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

i don't think it'd be wrong since the woman would be the lead now whether or not the male is happy about that could be another issue
                            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                              When dealing with a Matriarchal society would it be wrong to have a male on the team?
                              Diplomacy would dictate the team sent (unless it is the inital contact team, at which point the SG team wouldn't KNOW that they were a matriarchal society). If the culture treats men as less than women, then they might send a team that is either all women or had a woman as the CO, but if the culture simply has women in higher authority (and does not denigrate the men), a mixed gender team would be fine.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Thank you for you replies.
                                The reason for the question is that I am working on a fic which has a Matriarchal society in it.
                                And the SGC is aware of the situation.
                                Basically it's a 'Team is missing/captured' story. And a team is sent to find/rescue them.

The team at the moment is made up of;
                                Major Louise 'Dragon' Janeway (Last name subject to change)
                                Major Peter Jan 'Wizzy' Jankowski
                                Doctor Janet Frasier

The team they are looking for maybe a combined SG1/SG3.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X