Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished up SG-1 (for the first time) back in early October , so while I wanted to participate in the rewatch, I simply didn't have enough time with all the other stuff I wanted to watch with my limited time. But I plan on catching up over Christmas break...I wanna watch it all again
    sigpic

Comment

Completed season 5 tonight, here's how it shapes up with my personal ratings averages (out of 10):

Season 1: 6.4
      Season 2: 6.6
      Season 3: 7.35
      Season 4: 7.66
      Season 5: 7.61

So pretty much a similar level of enjoyment for me as season 4, but I think 5 is probably my favourite so far. Beast of Burden, Meridian and 48 Hours are absolutely awesome episodes, and the only one out of the entire season which I could say is a bit poor is The Sentinel.

From this point on, I'm a little less familiar with Stargate episodes, having generally only seen many of them only once before upon their original broadcast. Season 6 was not one of my favourites from what I remember, apart from the episodes with Daniel. I don't expect to be handing out the high scores as much as I was!
      Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Less than a week until the best holiday party around . . .

Shipmas!!!

Spoiler:

Coming this Saturday!
        Don't miss it!

Comment

Two eps to go with S5, taking a timeout for Xmas!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

What are the eps for the upcoming week of Rewatch??
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

We've had 17 weekdays in December, so we're up to #518 to #522 this coming week: "The Warrior" through "Revelations."
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Will pick up the Rewatch tonight people!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I finished season 5 and started season 6 already
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    We've had 17 weekdays in December, so we're up to #518 to #522 this coming week: "The Warrior" through "Revelations."
                    Exactly! I watched "Menace" today.
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Planning to start in on S6 tonight.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Sorry for double post,
                        Last edited by Krisz; 01 January 2012, 11:25 AM. Reason: Something odd happened, lost the text when editing, won't let me delete whole post

Comment

Season 6 already! My favourite one after season 4.

For me SG-1 really took off from here with the Anubis storyline, the re-discovery of Ancient technology with Earth learning more of the legacy left by them, and the connection present day humans had to them. Of course there's the rise of Ba'al too, a villain I love to hate. I just loved how you could never guess his true motives, definitely the more devious of the Goa'uld.

Jonas was not a bad character either, he added to the dynamic of SG-1 really well I thought. Brought back the infectious enthusiasm Daniel had when he started. His time on SG-1 ensured that when Daniel came back it wasn't such a sudden change and I liked how they worked together given what had happened because of their warm generous characters. Jonas could atone for what he did and Daniel could forgive.

It's also the season that introduced the hapless First Prime of Anubis... Herak!!! Herak rocks!!! He takes being an earnest failure to new levels! A great object of ridicule for Jack O'Neill and gave little hilarious moments in amongst the other big events unfolding around them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            Season 6 already! My favourite one after season 4.

Jonas was not a bad character either, he added to the dynamic of SG-1 really well I thought. Brought back the infectious enthusiasm Daniel had when he started. His time on SG-1 ensured that when Daniel came back it wasn't such a sudden change and I liked how they worked together given what had happened because of their warm generous characters. Jonas could atone for what he did and Daniel could forgive.
                            I, too, found Jonas to be a great character in his own right. I missed Daniel at first, but in the end I was sorry to see Jonas go. I wish that the producers had found a way to keep him on or bring him back more than they did, especially since there was a very interesting dynamic between the Daniel and Jonas. They were very similar, but different enough to be interesting. Or, so I thought.

Comment

season 6 is my least favorite so this month is a struggle for me
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                season 6 is my least favorite so this month is a struggle for me
                                I'm not a huge fan of season 6 overall either, but some of my favorite episodes are from that season - Paradise Lost, Full Circle, and Abyss!!
                                46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                                sigpic
                                Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Working...
                                X