Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been powering through Seasons 1 and 2 over the last two and a half weeks and I'm finally on season 3! I might actually be caught up by the time November starts.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
      I watched this segment 8 or 9 times, but I don't see it. The SF's face doesn't seem to change all that much, and he seems to be looking at Teal'c, over Urgo who is shorter than both the SF and Tea'c.

I do love Dom DeLuise--this character is perfect for him. It almost seems like this episode was written for him, as none of SG-1 stands out, nor is it a team episode.

I find that I love this episode because it's silly and very funny. While there seems to be no character development, and only one major issue (is Urgo alive) that's discussed, but not very deeply. These qualities I like are most likely the ones that lowers the opinion of others.

But, hey, differing opinions are what makes the threads and forums interesting.

I haven't been around lately, as I slipped, fell, and the concrete floor had a close encounter with my right knee. I have an appointment for a MRI on Tuesday, so I will have a better idea of what's going on. I just hope that I'm not on crutches for this year's LA Stargate convention. I was last year, and it's a real pain in the ass.
      Well, I actually sat through 'Urgo', and despite an open mind and hoping time diminished my initial dislike of it, it didn't happen. I almost turned it off at one point. It is interesting how what makes it great for you does the opposite for me, a very good point.

I've always wondered how so many people liked it, it's like Marmite, either you love it or hate it!!! Surprise, surprise, I hate Marmite! (If anyone needs to know what that is, I'll leave to to someone who likes it to describe it as I can only say "yuk" and that's not very helpful!)

I looked out for the SF's expression and he seemed a little distracted as if concentrating on looking at every thing else other than 'Urgo', but I don't see him smirking or trying not to laugh.

Ouch!!! I hope the MRI shows that the knee injury is not so bad and you recover quickly.

Comment

I tallied up all the ratings I've been given episodes across each season, and figured out an average rating from my point of view:

Season 1: 6.4 out of 10
        Season 2: 6.6 out of 10
        Season 3: 7.3 out of 10

Interesting, because I always thought I enjoyed season 2 a lot more than season 1, but it turns out they're pretty close.
        Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 20 October 2011, 10:28 AM.
        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Just had to quickly run & and ask...did you watch the SF's face when they were in the infirmary & Urgo told Teal'c to try the paddles? That cracks me up all the time. The SF is not meant to see Urgo yet you can clearly see him look at him & he's desperately trying to hide a laugh...it's funny! Just thought I'd throw that one out there...just in case you missed it. It's one of the funny moments for me.
          I noticed that, too. He must have tremendous self-control, since he doesn't laugh. It did appear, however, that he kept changing where he was looking, as though internally he was having a battle of wills with himself over not laughing.

I thought pretty much the same about Teryl Rothery in the briefing room, with Urgo/Dom sitting right next to her. She must have had a really hard time not laughing right out loud at him. I'd love to see the outtakes (if any) of both of those scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I noticed that, too. He must have tremendous self-control, since he doesn't laugh. It did appear, however, that he kept changing where he was looking, as though internally he was having a battle of wills with himself over not laughing.

I thought pretty much the same about Teryl Rothery in the briefing room, with Urgo/Dom sitting right next to her. She must have had a really hard time not laughing right out loud at him. I'd love to see the outtakes (if any) of both of those scenes.
            I would love to see those outtakes, too!!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

After my vacation on the Camino in Spain, i have forgotten the Stargate Rewatch... .
              I hope, i will join, if i watch 4 episodes per day. Next week i wanna start the ultramarathon to reach the regulary Rewatch .
              I wouldn't like to start in the middle of the serie ^^.

Comment

I wish I could participate...I *just* finished watching SG-1 and Atlantis (for the first time), and I don't have the time to watch it all again considering I have other shows to try out and schoolwork
                sigpic

Comment

I'm up to the second disc in season 5...think I might either slow down a bit or just keep going in case there comes a time I can't watch for a while. At the moment its the one show that's been keeping me calm...ahhh, the serenity.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just had to quickly run & and ask...did you watch the SF's face when they were in the infirmary & Urgo told Teal'c to try the paddles? That cracks me up all the time. The SF is not meant to see Urgo yet you can clearly see him look at him & he's desperately trying to hide a laugh...it's funny! Just thought I'd throw that one out there...just in case you missed it. It's one of the funny moments for me.
                    I did watch "Urgo." I didn't see the SF trying not to laugh, however I really saw him trying to not look at Urgo. The SF's eyes were going everywhere, trying not to focus on Urgo. The episode is much as I remember it (I haven't watched it for a few years). I think the Urgo character is really funny during the last ten minutes of the show.
                    My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

I'm up to the second disc in season 5...think I might either slow down a bit or just keep going in case there comes a time I can't watch for a while. At the moment its the one show that's been keeping me calm...ahhh, the serenity.
                      I've kept to starting the new seasons on the first day of every month. Usually I watch an episode when I get home from work while I eat lunch. This month though, I've watched a few episodes over a weekend when I just needed a good dose of Stargate! Stargate is good for chilling out to.

So, that left me with no Stargate for this week and I've tried not to start on season 4 until Nov 1st. Sort of takes me back to the, couldn't wait for the next season after the cliff hanger of the end of season 3 when SG-1 first aired.

Looking forward to watching season 4, it had so many great episodes in it. It was where SG-1 really got going for me. After this season I could say that Stargate had captured the top spot of my favourite shows of all time. I never thought I would be hooked on anything else like I was with Star Trek TOS! I even went a step further, I'd never attended a Trek convention, but I do for Stargate, going to a convention was something I thought I would never do! Such is the power of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        I've kept to starting the new seasons on the first day of every month.
                        I would love to be able to do that but unfortunately my life is just a little unpredictable at the moment so I'm taking on as much as I can while I can. So when I'm home I watch SG1 and get a gazillion laughs out of it. I just can't keep on a schedule that is not doable with my RL schedule. But still, this whole rewatch idea has me rewatching/revisting epsiodes I haven't seen in a long time & they're fun...it reminds me of what drew me to the fandom in the first place.
                        Just finished watching Between Two Fires today.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I would love to be able to do that but unfortunately my life is just a little unpredictable at the moment so I'm taking on as much as I can while I can. So when I'm home I watch SG1 and get a gazillion laughs out of it. I just can't keep on a schedule that is not doable with my RL schedule. But still, this whole rewatch idea has me rewatching/revisting epsiodes I haven't seen in a long time & they're fun...it reminds me of what drew me to the fandom in the first place.
                          Just finished watching Between Two Fires today.
                          I'm lucky in that my life has changed to the slower lane in the last year now with the kids having left home, downsizing from the large family house and getting a part time job. I do remember the hectic life, so do understand, Stargate was my escape every week, the family and the world knew not to bug me or phone when Stargate was on! It was the one time I could sit down and not be interrupted with what I was doing!

I've been finding the rewatch fun too for the bits of episodes that I've completely forgotten, because I've probably only watched many of them twice at most and a long time ago too. I'm enjoying watching the whole saga unfolding in sequence, I've tended to revisit favourite episodes from each season only over the years.

Comment

Managed to finish S3 with a day to spare - expect S4 to be equally smooth.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I think I'm racing ahead too fast...nearly finished season 5 already...might slow down.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I has a bunch of RL stuff happen in Oct so I am in the middle of season 3 still
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X