• Show
Clear All

Indeed

Comment

I really need to keep a better watch over my clones
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep, we're suggesting that Rewatchers include both The Ark of Truth and Continuum as part of May. That way the switch to Atlantis will be nice and clean.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I finished season 10 and the movies this past weekend
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I watched Ark of Truth today!
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
              I watched Ark of Truth today!
              And?

Comment

Now that it's June and my life has settled down a bit I'll be jumping back on the rewatch bandwagon. It's been a long time since I've seen Atlantis all the way through and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  And?
                  Not one of my favourites. I much preferred Continuum.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Great to be here (even as a newbie).
                    My wife and I have been 'Rewatching' Stargates as our several hours of sanity per day, for couple of years after discovering Universe on a popular movie mail and stream deal. We never have had cable, so never knew about the Stargate series. After watching straight through Universe (and getting PO'd because it got cancelled), we went a step backward in time to Atlantis, watched it straight through, and then started SG-1. When we got through that, and finally through the inevitable depression after finding nothing decent, we started all over again with Universe. Still going strong, almost done with Season 5 of Sg-1 again. But we need more!
                    "poundpuppy29", we like your Michael Shanks banner, and have the show on our calendar. Very excited!

Comment

So, got through 10 seasons of SG-1 and two movies already! I can't believe how fast 10 months have gone by!

Started on SGA today, not my favourite of the gates, but as with re-watching Seasons 9 & 10 of SG-1 that I didn't care for much I might find I appreciate aspects of it that I didn't before.

Comment

I'm the exact opposite mentality. I find AoT vastly superior to Continnum
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I started SGA season 1 this past weekend
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I have never watched SGA in my life; hopefully with a rewatch of it going on at the same time, maybe I can get into it while following the schedule of the rewatch and providing my own thoughts about it; though a month doesn't give me enough time to thoroughly review every one of these things but hey I like a challenge and what show contains both 'The Gift" and "The Intruder"?
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

I wasnt as in to Ark of Truth the first time as the second time, but gosh i love it now. One of the best episodes of the series. I was the exact opposite with Continuum the second time around, just wasnt nearly as into it and there are just too many alternate universe episodes at this point. Of course, it has a lot of great moments, though.

In regards to Stargate Atlantis and those who havent watched it or had trouble with it, first, i am an RDA loyalist. I grew up with MacGyver and if there were one actor i could choose to meet, its him. With that in mind, i really dig Joe Flanigans lead in Atlantis, him and David Hewlett along with the second season addition of Jason Momoa are hilarious together. Im not a real big Teyla fan, not sure if its her accent or what....shes beautiful but i just dont really like her acting. As for Torri Higginson, a rather tough-as-nails leader that fits perfectly with the rest.

The first season is my least favorite but the second and third are so darn great i would stand them next to your two favorite seasons of SG-1 with the writing at its absolute best of both shows, possibly. Common Ground from the third season is one of the series best and should have been in the first, i cant stress how important it is to watch that episode before you judge this show

If i were to list as few episodes as possible to guide you through the important ones, Id say the premiere, Rising, ThirtyEight Minutes, Underground, The Storm/The Eye, Before I Sleep, The Brotherhood, The Siege, Trinity, Aurora, Critical Mass, Coup D'Etat, Michael, Allies/No Man's Land, Misbegotten, Progeny, Common Ground, The Return....if you get this far and havent gotten into it, i doubt youll care what the rest are. This is pretty debatable but i think about as tight as i could make it.
                              When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

I'm running a little late, but I just finished Continuum the other day, and it was a bittersweet time. On the one hand, it was a great movie, and I'm looking forward to moving onto Atlantis. On the other hand, I'm sad that the SG-1 phase is now over.

Comment

Working...
                                X