This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    Season 6 already! My favourite one after season 4.

For me SG-1 really took off from here with the Anubis storyline, the re-discovery of Ancient technology with Earth learning more of the legacy left by them, and the connection present day humans had to them. Of course there's the rise of Ba'al too, a villain I love to hate. I just loved how you could never guess his true motives, definitely the more devious of the Goa'uld.

Jonas was not a bad character either, he added to the dynamic of SG-1 really well I thought. Brought back the infectious enthusiasm Daniel had when he started. His time on SG-1 ensured that when Daniel came back it wasn't such a sudden change and I liked how they worked together given what had happened because of their warm generous characters. Jonas could atone for what he did and Daniel could forgive.

It's also the season that introduced the hapless First Prime of Anubis... Herak!!! Herak rocks!!! He takes being an earnest failure to new levels! A great object of ridicule for Jack O'Neill and gave little hilarious moments in amongst the other big events unfolding around them all!
    How could you not love Ba'al and Herak!! Some of my all time favorite bad guys. I'm a huge Danny Jackson fan, but I could definitely appreciate what Jonas brought to the team. It would have been fun to see him stick around.
    46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
    sigpic
    Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

I loved season six!! I guess never being super attached to Daniel (sry danny fans) helped. I enjoyed Jonas, love Ba'al, love Maybourne, Herak.

There were some of the best eps ever and some of the worst! It was certainly a yo-yo one, but, the highlights most definitely made up for it!!

teehee!!

i mean i do enjoy danny boy as a part of the team package but, he would rank #4 of the bunch for me!!*shruggs and ducks*
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I enjoyed seeing Jonas Quinn - he added new elements to the team and the show. I like shows for the stories - I guess I get less attached to specific characters as others seem to do.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

That's season 6 all finished for me. Certainly not one of my favourite seasons, but I must say I really enjoyed Jonas being on the team and it's such a shame that he was pushed aside after this. I did miss Daniel, though. Season 6 has quite a few duff episodes and a lot of average ones, and it marks a change in the direction of the show. Anyway, this is how my personal average ratings match up to the other seasons:

Season 1: 6.4
          Season 2: 6.6
          Season 3: 7.35
          Season 4: 7.66
          Season 5: 7.61
          Season 6: 6.9

I've been listening to all the DVD commentaries since season 4, and they are becoming a bit of a chore. Martin Wood does the best ones, they are really informative and interesting. Peter DeLuise's are entertaining but he doesn't tell you a lot and generally just talks about what the characters are doing rather than any behind-the-scenes info. Any commentary track involving the principal actors is usually great, but other than that many of them are becoming very dull.

On to season 7, which is one that I do enjoy. The quality of writing jumped up in a big way, and there was some really interesting and original storytelling. I am more familiar with it than season 6, but still I haven't seen many of the episodes in a long while.

Also, I now own all of SG-1 on DVD, all of Atlantis on blu-ray and both Ark of Truth/Continuum on blu-rays! All that's left to purchase is SG Universe! And there's no rush (lol) for that just yet.
          Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 09 January 2012, 03:38 AM.
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            season 6 is my least favorite so this month is a struggle for me
            I'm going to have that problem with season 9. Having said that, I will approach it with a view to hoping that there's some bits of it that are not as much of a struggle to watch as I remember it! I haven't seen the whole season in its entirety since it first aired, there were just too many episodes I skipped over when I bought the DVD and tried to watch it again.

'Ex Deus Machina' and 'The Scourge' were weirdly the only ones I liked of the whole season! 'Ripple Effect' was a fun one too with seeing some old friends again, and well, I just love watching my favourite bad guy Ba'al in action!

Comment

I've actually finished watching all 10 seasons as well as Ark of Truth...thus far my fave season would have to be season 4...tho there were some funny moments in season 10.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                I'm going to have that problem with season 9. Having said that, I will approach it with a view to hoping that there's some bits of it that are not as much of a struggle to watch as I remember it! I haven't seen the whole season in its entirety since it first aired, there were just too many episodes I skipped over when I bought the DVD and tried to watch it again.

'Ex Deus Machina' and 'The Scourge' were weirdly the only ones I liked of the whole season! 'Ripple Effect' was a fun one too with seeing some old friends again, and well, I just love watching my favourite bad guy Ba'al in action!
                I agree about season 9. I'm going to watch the season 9 episodes with an open mind, however there are not many shows from that season that I regularly re-watch on my own. "Prototype," "Ripple Effect," and "The Scourge," are the season 9 episodes I enjoy the most. For season 6, I missed Daniel, however I really like Jonas. I like a lot of season six's episodes, and look forward to seeing them again. I fell behind in my viewing, and reviewing, of Stargate SG-1 during November, when I did NaNoWriMo. I will soon be done reviewing season five episodes. I should be caught up with the Gateworld Stargate rewatch schedule by the end of February, or early March, 2012.
                My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

At first, I wasn't so thrilled with Season 9 of SG-1, either. Between the new characters and the new storyline, it was too much of a change from what I was used to. But, once I gave it a chance, I found that I liked it just as much of the rest of SG-1. O'Neill was now completely gone, but the rest of the cast still brought that same, wonderful mix of humor and seriousness that I love.

Comment

Part way thru season 7 now, watching Grace..

I think I'm going to miss not knowing if we would, or wouldnt of got some sort of end point in the Sam/Jack are they arent they would they wouldnt they story..

Comment

Season 7, and the audio commentaries are becoming a pain to listen to. I tend to just put them on in the background now while I'm doing something else, but I actually just shouted at the screen, "YES, WE ALREADY KNOW DAN SHEA IS THE STUNT COORDINATOR AND RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON'S DOUBLE!!!!"

They tend to repeat themselves. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Niss Trah View Post
                        Hey everyone!! I'm having so much fun rewatching season 1 right now!! I love seeing the team in the early days again. Still not sure of each other. Still look at Teal'c like he's an alien....oh wait, he is!!!
                        Just wondering if this is the only thread? Or are there threads for each episode. I'm new to GW and am unsure of how to find things here. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
                        Its only gets better, just think only 16 seasons left to finish it ALL... =)
                        www.stitchsloft.com
                        For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                        "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                        www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                          You watch them all.
                          That's the spirit!!!

Comment

Just out of interest has anyone started watchin sga at the right cronological place, hadn't really thought about until weir leaves and they mention being able to dial Pegasus in ep3 or 4..

Comment

I will be watching it in chronological order, I'm in the second half of SG-1 season 7, so not much longer to go. It's the part of the rewatch I've been most looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                                Just out of interest has anyone started watchin sga at the right cronological place, hadn't really thought about until weir leaves and they mention being able to dial Pegasus in ep3 or 4..
                                Chronlogically Atlantis starts after New Orders. That said I want to follow the pace that GW has decided instead of jumping ahead and behind them in the later years which is all of SG1 then Atlantis which I suppose could be confusing to newbies
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X