Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublecut View Post

In order for them to show, though...there are two rules. NO AUTOGRAPHS. They are there to relax and hang out with us, not to sign. This is a rule I will be strictly enforcing myself. If you try, I'll be personally asking you to leave. Don't put me in that position. Candid photos will be allowed if the guests choose to. That's up to them individually. But please ask them politely. And no paparazzi style shots from a distance.

Is that cool with everyone?
    Very cool, thanks for arranging all that!

Have a good trip, Hoschi. CU later this evening (it's already past midnight now that I post this)!

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      To those who'll be catching the connecting flight from Phoenix to Vancouver on Wednesday morning, I'll be wearing a particular piece of clothing that you cannot miss.
      At least you will be wearing clothes! Phew!

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      Isn't it all getting exciting now, everyone is on their way!!! Now I know it's really CON TIME!!!!!

One more day of work, with luck I escape at my usual part-time hour tomorrow and don't get caught up with something again. I'm quite looking forward to a longer break, haven't had one since the con last year.

Great idea about meeting in the hotel lobby Silvercomet for the Red Robin bash. I'll be lurking in the lobby anyway after we get back from the location tour.

Nice to hear that Frank Cassini is coming AG, looking forward to seeing him again, nice guy.

It was a lovely spring day today, actually nice and warm, now that's more like it. Now all we need is for it to stay like this and all is good. It must be a good sign as usually when I wash my car all hell breaks loose with wind and rain, hail, cats and dogs, you name it to mess it up again!
      I hope you all have a safe and happy journey, no matter how far the distance. To one and all have a great time and don't foget to toast absent friends.
      Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
      sigpic
      Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
      HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
      Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
      Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
      Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
        Doublecut, you're awesome. Thanks for all the work you've put into the dinner!
        Seconded, Chad. Well done! And a special shout out to MamaSue who had DoubleCuts back...and maybe a few other parts too.
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Wow, in Calgary now and boy, it's foggy... I mean FOGGY!
          Just waiting for my connecting flight, can't wait to get to Vancouver.

See you tonight shipcat!

Comment

I am here in Burnaby! What a bloody nightmare though! Okay, get this... I got in around nine pm pacific time after being awake for work since two am central time. I went to buy my skytrain ticket and my bank card wouldn't work. It is a visa check card, so it should have been fine. I used a back up card that only had like seventy bucks on it and got my train ticket. I forgot, or didn't realize I had to switch again at Broadway, so I ended up getting off at joyce-collingwood or whatever. I do know my way around really well vi Google maps, so I thought I would just walk rather than risk going back and being too late for the skytrain to be running. I walked in the rain and dark, dragging my suitcase behind me all the way from joyce -collingwood to Boundary Rd and Henning. I get to the motel around midnight and my card still won't work. I gave the desk clerk all my cash, two hundred and forty dollars and he let me pay for one night. I didn't mention that all I had eaten all day was half a bag of trail mix, so I was starving, had no credit card and no canadian money. Thankfully, I called my bank this morning, found out the entire debit network they use was down, and at eight am, it was back up. For some reason when i went to get my money back and put my stay on my card, I only got $228
            canadian back.

I don't know, I'm just happy to have money again and a place to stay. :-) AG, I tried to message you a few minutes ago on your phone. I will just call if the txts won't go through.
            sigpic
            "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
              To those who'll be catching the connecting flight from Phoenix to Vancouver on Wednesday morning, I'll be wearing a particular piece of clothing that you cannot miss.
              I didn't see you yesterday but the airport is always a bit crazy so I'm hoping that you made it okay and I just missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                Seconded, Chad. Well done! And a special shout out to MamaSue who had DoubleCuts back...and maybe a few other parts too.
                Yeah! Thanks doublecut and mamasue!

Comment

Creation has posted the schedule: http://creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm#sch
                  sigpic

Comment

Sweet! Dan Payne and Alex Zahara will have a stage appearance on Friday, it's just too bad Alex won't be doing any photo ops. What caught my eye in particular was, for Saturday:

1:05 pm Special Surprise Announcement: DON'T MISS IT!

For those who haven't read the schedule yet, pre-registration will be Friday morning at noon. I'm gonna get there early, just in case...

I just read this buried at the end of the Friday schedule:

Note: Ryan Robbins and Barclay Hope have advised us that they will be unable to join us.
                    The confusing part is Barclay Hope is still listed in the guest list and the autograph/photo op information.
                    Last edited by Dr. Carson Beckett; 25 April 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                      Sweet! Dan Payne and Alex Zahara will have a stage appearance on Friday, it's just too bad Alex won't be doing any photo ops.
                      Alex really loves meeting his fans and spending time talking with them. He and Dan Payne both love to talk with fans. If he doesn't have an official photo op, he will more than likely pose for an informal one if you ask him. If you do though, since others are paying for more formal and expensive photo ops...it would be good to buy an autograph and/or one of his table photos from him, especially if a lot of people ask, or you may just want to put some money down on the table for him. I got to spend some time helping him at his table during the Chicago convention last year and he was just so energetic, kind and alot of fun to be around. He really enjoys the fans!
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

According the schedule posted, there's no pre-reg on Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                          Sweet! Dan Payne and Alex Zahara will have a stage appearance on Friday, it's just too bad Alex won't be doing any photo ops. What caught my eye in particular was, for Saturday:

1:05 pm Special Surprise Announcement: DON'T MISS IT!

For those who haven't read the schedule yet, pre-registration will be Friday morning at noon. I'm gonna get there early, just in case...

I just read this buried at the end of the Friday schedule:

The confusing part is Barclay Hope is still listed in the guest list and the autograph/photo op information.

Looks like it was rushed out a bit...I spotted at least 2 typos...perhaps it wasn't very well "proof read" before it went out in the rush to prepare for everything...it certainly does look a very "crammed" convention....which is odd because Creation always put great emphasis on it being an "unrushed" experience for fans as opposed to "other" cons...

Can't wait to hear what the surprise announcement is...I have ideas...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            If you do though, since others are paying for more formal and expensive photo ops...it would be good to buy an autograph
                            Oh, I intend to. I got the duo shot with him and Dan Payne last year, so if they are offering another one this year, I will likely get it (unless it's the same one) and will probably also get single ones as well.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Can't wait to hear what the surprise announcement is...I have ideas...
                            Same here, particularly with Adam saying the convention wasn't going away, rather "transforming" and with the lack of a Star Trek convention in Vancouver this year, I'm thinking it might include something of a combined type of con, since there is a fair amount of crossover from Star Trek and Stargate actors.

Comment

I had a nice uneventful trip to Vancouver. It took almost 9 hours to get here. That is the longest I ever what to fly in one day.

I popped over to A & W for supper & now I am relaxing at the Hilton, using the internet in the Business Center. Jet Leg sucks. It is only 7 p.m. here (11 pm back home) and I feel like going to bed.

Tomorrow I am off on a 4 hour tour of the Vancouver. Then back here to do a bit o' grocery shopping and then meet up with my roomies!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am off to read the schedule for the CON.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Ok. FINALLY made it to Vancouver after being up all night doing last minute preparations for the trip and all day travelling pretty much. Just need to figure out some last minute details and then we shall be good for this weekend.

Ohhh and by the way should I be worried if I haven't gotten my email ticket and no response from the tickets email at creation? As the convention is on Friday and I have no pdf ticket yet. *starts to really really worry*

Comment

Working...
                                X