Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
    I have a 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver, and yeah, I'll bring it.

I take it with me everywhere.

yep, you are brilliant!~!
    Music and Stargate
    sigpic
    Perfection

Comment

Cheers, guys.

Every time I come to this thread I get that tickly, turny feeling in my tummy. I'm so excited about this. I just need more money so I can buy lots of stuff and bid in the auctions!!
      sigpic
      "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Yeah, having enough money seems to always be an issue, but it's possible to get some real steals in the auctions. Especially if Richard Arnold is conducting them as the minimum he sets is a mere five dollars. At the Star Trek convention, I won a pack of Stargate autographed photos (which would retail about $350 or so) for $40.

Comment

@Snowflake - Actually, it was, "Wink at the person behind the counter". If you want to kiss them, that's your business. But you might also want to prepare to run, just in case they are not as understanding as the rest of us.

@Krisz - Good ones? Whatever do you mean? I tell the absolute truth about Canadian culture and traditions. Why wouldn't people believe me?

You non-Canadians do know about using the words, 'please', 'thank you', 'sorry' and 'eh', right? It's important in Canada to be polite. I'll give you an example below:

O'Neill: Please, I’ve got a better idea. Instead of helping you, why don’t we sit back and watch you get your ass kicked, eh? That way, sorry, but, you’ll be dead, and we’ll be glad, eh. Thank you.
          Baal: You cannot be serious.
          O'Neill: Please, yes I can, eh. I just choose not to. Some of the time, eh.
          Baal: With your insolence, you are dooming not just your world, but all of humanity.
          O'Neill: I think big, eh.

So, now you've got it, eh?
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

What the heck does "please" mean again?
            sigpic

Comment

adverb 1. (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. will you please turn the radio off.

Only 72 more days to go.
              sigpic
              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                adverb 1. (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. will you please turn the radio off.

Only 72 more days to go.
                You're such a nerd. I love it!
                sigpic

Comment

lovely....hahahahha, no really, we do say please and sorry a lot...a LOT!

hey, can anyone explain why my friend is having a hard time signing up? we keep trying and it says we are spammers and to go the the "contact us" list but there is no such thing...
                  Music and Stargate
                  sigpic
                  Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                    lovely....hahahahha, no really, we do say please and sorry a lot...a LOT!

hey, can anyone explain why my friend is having a hard time signing up? we keep trying and it says we are spammers and to go the the "contact us" list but there is no such thing...
                    Pm Skydiver for that one...

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      Pm Skydiver for that one...
                      Thank you sunshine!!!!
                      Music and Stargate
                      sigpic
                      Perfection

Comment

I have questions.

Is it best to buy tickets for photo ops now or should I wait until I get there? I don't want to miss out.

Also, is anyone going on the Monday location tour they are offering?

Finally (for now), my friend and I arrive in Vancouver on Wednesday afternoon. We're coming from DC so I'm sure we'll be exhausted and not up for much that evening, but we will have all day Thursday free. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          I have questions.

Is it best to buy tickets for photo ops now or should I wait until I get there? I don't want to miss out.

Also, is anyone going on the Monday location tour they are offering?

Finally (for now), my friend and I arrive in Vancouver on Wednesday afternoon. We're coming from DC so I'm sure we'll be exhausted and not up for much that evening, but we will have all day Thursday free. Any suggestions?
                          You can wait to buy tickets for the photo ops at the con - I've never seen them sell out. If you buy them now, Creation adds an $8 or so handling charge per photo op for shipping...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                            You can wait to buy tickets for the photo ops at the con - I've never seen them sell out. If you buy them now, Creation adds an $8 or so handling charge per photo op for shipping...
                            Thanks. I didn't know about the extra charge. They should be required to disclose that.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't know about the extra charge. They should be required to disclose that.
                              Yeah... You'd think, wouldn't you?

I'll be coming in on Wednesday afternoon/evening too. I'll be doing it up on the night, then site-seeing Thursday, then off to the Meet-up at Red Robbin's just round the corner from the Hilton Metrotown. You'll both probably be so amped to be in Van, you'll wanna go out a bit on Weds... At least, I know I will. If you get there and wanna hook up, I'll have my tablet with me. Just pm me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Um, I got tickets for last year's convention and they DO disclose that. Not sure however if they still do it, but it should be displayed on the last page before you pay.

I do find it a bit silly though as they only send everything by email anyway (I think they used to call it "Shipping and handling fee"). Moneygrabbers, but anyway.

I think I'll only buy a ticket for the breakfast in advance and everything else I want I will buy there.

Edit: so I thought I would check and you're right it doesn't say when you put in your cc details that there is the extra charge. Mean!
                                I'm almost sure though that it would show up after you press "continue to order summary and checkout" *not so sure about my original post anymore*
                                Last edited by Hoschi; 15 February 2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X