Creation Stargate Convention Vancouver - 27.04.-29.04.2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Andee Frizzell was added also because her autograph wasn't originally included in the gold.
    Her autograph isn't included, at least not according to Creation's site. She's listed as one of the guests at the Dessert Party, though.

Comment

Reading about all these people packing and going to the airport is making me nervous about packing, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by syncline View Post
        Reading about all these people packing and going to the airport is making me nervous about packing, LOL.
        Me too!!! I haven't even started packing yet!
        sigpic
        ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

Originally posted by iheartcam View Post
          Me too!!! I haven't even started packing yet!
          My flight leaves at 6am and I have laundry to do and all of my packing to do as well. Hmmm back to crazy mode to get everything done and not forget anything.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post

Ah no Ryan. He was my first reason to come this year.
            Mine too!

Comment

No Ryan, darn....
              It will save me money, don't have to buy a picture for him to sign now.

An update on the weather, it is now suppose to be sunny on Saturday and Sunday but still only around +14C.
              And to think I am leaving sunny and warm Alberta for cold and wet BC, it was +21C here today! Working on my tan by working outside.

I am in the middle of packing, everything is laying on the bed. All the laundry is done and put away.
              I get to sleep in until 6:15AM tomorrow (normal time is 4:45AM), not meeting Arctic Goddess until 8AM for the long drive to Vancouver.

See you all tomorrow or Thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                No Ryan, darn....
                It will save me money, don't have to buy a picture for him to sign now.

An update on the weather, it is now suppose to be sunny on Saturday and Sunday but still only around +14C.
                And to think I am leaving sunny and warm Alberta for cold and wet BC, it was +21C here today! Working on my tan by working outside.

I am in the middle of packing, everything is laying on the bed. All the laundry is done and put away.
                I get to sleep in until 6:15AM tomorrow (normal time is 4:45AM), not meeting Arctic Goddess until 8AM for the long drive to Vancouver.

See you all tomorrow or Thursday!
                I'm here! Well, in Calgary at least. Got a free room at the Sheraton with my points. Nice room. It's almost 8PM Mountain time and I'm ready for sleep. I got lost twice. Don't tell anyone. My sons laugh at me when I get lost.

Sue, I didn't forget your blazer.
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                  I'm here! Well, in Calgary at least. Got a free room at the Sheraton with my points. Nice room. It's almost 8PM Mountain time and I'm ready for sleep. I got lost twice. Don't tell anyone. My sons laugh at me when I get lost.

Sue, I didn't forget your blazer.
                  You got lost in Calgary???
                  Well, at least you are here now. You are right across from Canada Olympic Park, right? Beside McDonald's?

I am heading for bed in an hour, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

Sleep well and see you in the morning!

Comment

@rinkrat @arcticgoddes Have a good trip and drive carefully. My flight leaves at 6 am, so gotta get up early too. Hope the weather is fine during non-con days *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by Hoschi View Post
                      @rinkrat @arcticgoddes Have a good trip and drive carefully. My flight leaves at 6 am, so gotta get up early too. Hope the weather is fine during non-con days *fingers crossed*
                      Hope you have a good flight!

How long is it from Yellowknife to Vancouver and is it direct?

Looking forward to meeting you!

Comment

Ok, so good news, and bad news.

The bad news is that if you haven't already signed up for the GateWorld dinner on Sunday night, then you're now too late. We've been capped to a maximum of 60 people for our reservation. By my count, we're at 59 already...and that doesn't include our very special guests. Triskele925 and her mom are it. The gate is closed. It has ka-wooshed. Any attempts to add your name will be vaporized going forward.

The good news...The list of special guests continues to grow, with some names that were unexpected even to me. If you didn't sign up by now, commence kicking yourself. I'm seriously talking the biggest celebrity turnout for the GW dinner in a long time, if not ever. If all the puzzle pieces fall into place, it'll be our own little con that night. AND since I've been up here since yesterday already, I've already gotten some killer giveaway swag we'll be dispersing...and that's in addition to some goodies Darren is providing.

In order for them to show, though...there are two rules. NO AUTOGRAPHS. They are there to relax and hang out with us, not to sign. This is a rule I will be strictly enforcing myself. If you try, I'll be personally asking you to leave. Don't put me in that position. Candid photos will be allowed if the guests choose to. That's up to them individually. But please ask them politely. And no paparazzi style shots from a distance.

Is that cool with everyone?
                        Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
                        Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
                        Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
                        Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
                        Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
                        Con-Version Calgary 2010
                        C2E2 2013-2015
                        TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
                        Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
                        Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
                        FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Comment

Can we do wide shots, you just pictures of the party in general? Or would that be too paparazzi? I'll make sure they're all pictures of me. I always wanted to be a star!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
                            Hope you have a good flight!

How long is it from Yellowknife to Vancouver and is it direct?

Looking forward to meeting you!

It's a 4 and a half hour trip with a short stop over in Edmonton. Just enough time to grab a coffee

Comment

Doublecut, you're awesome. Thanks for all the work you've put into the dinner!

Comment

SerenBunny and I met up at the Vancouver airport as planned and now already checked in and ready for bed after 12h flight. It's raining here. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will increase for some sightseeing. And in the evening I will meet up with the other German guys here from the forum. WIll be really nice meeting you all! So, time for bed.
                                Save trip Hoschi and see you soon. Met Andreas also at the airport.

Comment

Working...
                                X