No announcement yet.

Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luci found me a PSP dictionary english/german and it's for PSP 7. From what I can tell you've got nearly the same functions like I do. So no excuses

Comment

Hmm... Maybe it's because I suck at everything technological! I may have to force you to give me a crash course in PSP...

To start () how did you get those light effects in your "on fire" sig? They're awesome!
      ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
        Hmm... Maybe it's because I suck at everything technological! I may have to force you to give me a crash course in PSP...

To start () how did you get those light effects in your "on fire" sig? They're awesome!
        no need to force me, I love to spread the knowledge about PSP

ok, the lighteffects are a good start, let me just make you a tut. could take a bit because I don't remember everything but I'll do my best

Comment

*huggles Fainne*

Thank you!

Comment

*huggles Fainne*

Thank you!
            no problem.

I just noticed the major part of the lights is this stockimage set on the blend mode lighten. But i will make a complete tutorial tomorrow because im too tired atm. Still a little bit sick and will probably go to bed soon

Comment

Tell me about it! I'm still ill as well. Went back to college on tuesday, then felt so dreadful yesterday and only went in for half the day today. *sigh* The (what is it, a background? ) is great. I don't blend, I use the eraser tool because then I can adjust it. But knowing how to blend would be a great help!

Comment

Tell me about it! I'm still ill as well. Went back to college on tuesday, then felt so dreadful yesterday and only went in for half the day today. *sigh* The (what is it, a background? ) is great. I don't blend, I use the eraser tool because then I can adjust it. But knowing how to blend would be a great help!
                yep, blending is wonderful somewhere in your PSP you should have the layer box. I found a site where you can see how to change the blend mode. I think it is PSP7. click here

Comment

I've just seen that in this tut it's not called Lighten, it's called Screen

Comment

...what's a "Raster Layer"? I keep seeing it, says "convert to raster layer", but I don't know what it means!

Comment

there are different types of layers, raster layers, vector layers and in my version also paint layers. we mostly work with raster and vector layers. A raster layer is a layer where you can work with brushes on, and pictures. A vector layer is a layer where you write on. These layers you can convert into raster layers. The reason for this is simple: when you write a text, but want to use the rubber tool to work on the text you first have to change the layer into a raster layer because the rubber tool works only on them. but once converted you cannot change the content of the text, neither the font because it's a picture now, and not a text anymore.

i hope this doesn't confuse you more

Comment

It's exactly the same in photoshop.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                          there are different types of layers, raster layers, vector layers and in my version also paint layers. we mostly work with raster and vector layers. A raster layer is a layer where you can work with brushes on, and pictures. A vector layer is a layer where you write on. These layers you can convert into raster layers. The reason for this is simple: when you write a text, but want to use the rubber tool to work on the text you first have to change the layer into a raster layer because the rubber tool works only on them. but once converted you cannot change the content of the text, neither the font because it's a picture now, and not a text anymore.

i hope this doesn't confuse you more
                          No actually it's made a lot of things suddenly make sense! How are you feeling today?

Comment

No actually it's made a lot of things suddenly make sense! How are you feeling today?
                            *phew* I'm better today and just about to start the tut

Comment

Brilliant, thanks! I've had a bash at using your light effects background..ey thing, and I'm posting it on the Display thread.

Comment

How to make this sig

in PSP. Lili i've just seen that PSP7 does not have distortion effects. i'm sorry but I was so sure it has the effects

Spoiler:

open these two pictures 1 and 2 and a canvas 520x165 . paste both pictures in the canvas as new layers and blend them so it looks like this:

copy all layers and paste them as a new layer.

next go to ->effects - distortion effects ->shiftmap (not sure about the translation). Use these both effects after one another.

use the rubber tool and ancover the areas of the face, the neck, chest, hands and back. so it looks like this:

merge and duplicate the layer and use the motion blur (in my PSP it's in Adjustment -> blur) Angle: 124°, set blendmode on hard light and use the rubber tool on his face.

Effects -> Noise ->edge preserving smooth ->sharpen the layer twice.

merge the layers and duplicate them. use Gaussian Blur strength 5. set blendmode on screen/lighten and opacity on 43%

Adjustmentlayer->new colour balance layer->
                                lights: 40; -24; -44
                                midtones: 33; 14; -38
                                shadows: 17; 8; -23

add this image as a nw layer and set on screen/lighten. if necessary use the rubber tool on the face and we are done!

Comment

Working...
                                X