Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tut, Luci! *huggles*

Cazz, thanks for finding all the tuts from the Graphics Art Display thread! *huggles*
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Camy!!!! You did a Great job!!! TYTYTYTYTY!!!! (HUGGLES) BIG OL' MENTAL GREEN!!!!!

This is a great thread...like others have said, it's hard to find tutorials in other arts threads so a one stop tut thread is WONDERFUL!!! Love it!!!!
      Last edited by kali1; 18 January 2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Made this using your tut, Luci. I thought I followed it exactly butthe coloring came out a little different. Maybe I did do something wrong, I don't know, but I am very happy with the coloring on this one as well.

sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Thanks, Camy for starting this thread!! Its an awesome idea!!

Thanks, Camy, Cazzblade, and Luciana for posting the tutorials. They're great help for beginners like me!! Though I'm a bit shy at posting my artworks here. I'll have to try them out on my day off. Thank you once again!!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Thankyou Camy for making this thread, great idea I think i'll try some of the tuts now

Comment

DJGirl I think that looks very great.
              Don't know why the color looks different. Tried it myself to be sure I didn't do anything wrong. Will try again.

But I think the color looks great as well. And it's funny, I first wanted to use the you used for the tut, but I thought after the sadness Ned and Chuck cannot touch...some touching pics would be nice.

EDIT: Whoops. Found the mistake. Just a little typo... *coughs*.
              The first selective coloring.
              Neutrals: cyan +100....typed - instead. Sorry. Changed it already.
              Last edited by Luciana; 19 January 2009, 02:13 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

*walks in and waves at the nice folks here*

Great idea for a thread.

Me thinks I need to go through those tuts when I have time.

*slips out*
                sigpic

Comment

Great idea to put all the tuts in one place will make it a lot easier to find them.

Luci on the PSP front

1. it does not do selective colouring in the way PS does it in fact the current selective colouring is naff

2. can't do gradient maps either - I think the best way I found way to do a gradient fill and then change the mode to something like color but it doesn't have the exact effect

3. PSP does not have smart blur either

hope this helps
                  sigpic
                  Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

I added two PSP color tuts without selective coloring. Didn't try them, but I hope they'll work.

And I'm pretty sure Fainne did that gradient thing as she visited me.
                    Looked different as in PS but changed to exclusion it looks the same.
                    But maybe you should ask her...I'm, still not sure...the only thing I know is color balance is exactly the same in both programs.

And I do have no idea about PSP filters. Even don't know if you have some kind of artistic paint daubs.

I'm just trying the best I can to make it translatable.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like the colouring on your siggy DJ I think its fits more with Daniel and Vala

Originally posted by kali1
                      Camy -

I made this with your tutorial:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8.../JohnEliz3.jpg

I played around with the color balance to make it darker....I like the effect though it is kinda dark...what do ya'll think? Is it blurry?

Camy...I LOVE those textures!!!! You did a fantastic job on the tutorial!!
                      I think its looks great on Weir But too dark on Shep
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

omg!
                        we've got a tut thread. how cool is that

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                          Made this using your tut, Luci. I thought I followed it exactly butthe coloring came out a little different. Maybe I did do something wrong, I don't know, but I am very happy with the coloring on this one as well.

I love it! Now, see...now I'm gonna have to try that one too! *wink* I love that cap of Daniel and Vala.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kali1
                            Camy -

I made this with your tutorial:

I added soft glow and then added this texture and smudged it a bit to blend:

I played around with the color balance to make it darker....I like the effect though it is kinda dark...what do ya'll think? Is it blurry?

Camy...I LOVE those textures!!!! You did a fantastic job on the tutorial!!
                            I like it a lot. I like the textures and I love that Weir cap you chose. Very nice indeed.

Thanks. I'm so glad everyone is up for this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great job, Kali using the tut!!

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                              DJGirl I think that looks very great.
                              Don't know why the color looks different. Tried it myself to be sure I didn't do anything wrong. Will try again.

But I think the color looks great as well. And it's funny, I first wanted to use the you used for the tut, but I thought after the sadness Ned and Chuck cannot touch...some touching pics would be nice.

EDIT: Whoops. Found the mistake. Just a little typo... *coughs*.
                              The first selective coloring.
                              Neutrals: cyan +100....typed - instead. Sorry. Changed it already.

Ahhhh, that makes much more sense. I was wondering how yours could be so blue and mine had absolutely none... I will just have to try it with another pairing.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                              I like the colouring on your siggy DJ I think its fits more with Daniel and Vala.

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                              I love it! Now, see...now I'm gonna have to try that one too! *wink* I love that cap of Daniel and Vala.

Thanks, Cazz. I am still very pleased with how it turned out as well. I think you are right, for D/V, it fits better. Like I said, I am going to give it another go.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                I like the colouring on your siggy DJ I think its fits more with Daniel and Vala

Yeah Shep is dark...I'll see what I can do to lighten the poor boy up

Comment

Working...
                                X