The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    I love Christmas, you're not alone! But I hate crowded shopping, so Black Friday sounds like my worst nightmare
    oh thank heavens lol I was starting to wonder if I was the only one and if it was because I was "young" I'm such a pessimist that I blatantly refuse to be pessimistic about Christmas

Black Friday is the one day of the year that I don't mind the crowded shopping...but any other time I hate it, I'm so impatient

Edit-....not that Jumble and LJ aren't young... ...They're just...older and wiser...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Oh, I love Christmas! Don't get me wrong! I love picking out a tree and helping the kids decorate it. I love putting lights up around the house and listening the Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving is over. I love making plates filled with cookies and goodies to take to our friends and neighbors. But I hate the idea that we all have to jam ourselves into stores all day long in order to ensure we provide a happy Christmas for our loved ones. Bleh. That isn't what Christmas is about!

Er...

/rant

EDIT: And I'm only 31, FCOL!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        Oh, I love Christmas! Don't get me wrong! I love picking out a tree and helping the kids decorate it. I love putting lights up around the house and listening the Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving is over. I love making plates filled with cookies and goodies to take to our friends and neighbors. But I hate the idea that we all have to jam ourselves into stores all day long in order to ensure we provide a happy Christmas for our loved ones. Bleh. That isn't what Christmas is about!

Er...

/rant

Very true. Or that you have to get diamonds for your wife blah blah blah. But occasionally you can find good deals and that makes me happy.

And I adore that part of Christmas, because next week we're putting up the tree, and the TV goes off for the whole day while we do that and we put on the Christmas music Look through the old ornaments, I just love the traditions of Christmas as well. Sadly we don't have that many any more with all my grandparents gone, my Aunt in Germany, but my cousins/aunt/uncle come over for Christmas eve and then Christmas day is just like family time, try out the new electronic toys or watch the movies, eat lots of left overs I just really love it...

And *huggles* about the age thing...

Oh and LJ did you find a place to have Thanksgiving?

Comment

Had to quickly jump back on because I forgot to share this with everyone...I think Jumble especially will be interested in it...

Well, here you go!
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            Very true. Or that you have to get diamonds for your wife blah blah blah. But occasionally you can find good deals and that makes me happy.

And I adore that part of Christmas, because next week we're putting up the tree, and the TV goes off for the whole day while we do that and we put on the Christmas music Look through the old ornaments, I just love the traditions of Christmas as well. Sadly we don't have that many any more with all my grandparents gone, my Aunt in Germany, but my cousins/aunt/uncle come over for Christmas eve and then Christmas day is just like family time, try out the new electronic toys or watch the movies, eat lots of left overs I just really love it...

And *huggles* about the age thing...

Oh and LJ did you find a place to have Thanksgiving?
            I think we're going to have it at my brother's. Not really what we were wanting to do, since his house is so tiny and when you have it at someone's house, you feel like you should pitch in and help out (at least, my mom will, and the whole point was to give her the day off). I'll grin and bear it...My daughter won't do well with the overly-crowded space (she has autistic tendencies) and neither will I, so we'll probably bolt at the first possible moment. Oh well. We have other activities planned with my parents and siblings throughout the weekend, so it'll be good.
            sigpic

Comment

oh thank heavens lol I was starting to wonder if I was the only one and if it was because I was "young" I'm such a pessimist that I blatantly refuse to be pessimistic about Christmas
              You'll find that Christmas means different things through different stages of your life. I loved Christmas when my kids were little, but now that they've grown up and moved on to create their own families, I feel I should be 'let off' and allowed to just do my own thing. Which is not spending loads of money, not putting up decorations and not feeling guilty for wanting to just spend the holiday on my own

Black Friday is the one day of the year that I don't mind the crowded shopping...but any other time I hate it, I'm so impatient
              I've never been a happy shopper, can't stand the crowds and queues. Where's the fun in that?

Edit-....not that Jumble and LJ aren't young... ...They're just...older and wiser...
              Poor LJ, she's not even in the same generation as me

Er...

/rant

See, that's what Christmas should be about. All the fun and warmth of being with your kids and watching them enjoy the magic Not feeling you have to shop till you drop, spending money that you can't really afford to spend in order to give your kids stuff that they don't really need and wood happily do without just to be with Mom and Dad and siblings in a loving home

/rant

Oh dear, I sound like a right old Scrooge But seriously, why does everyone have to go overboard at Christmas? It's supposed to be a celebration FCOL

Comment

I think we're going to have it at my brother's. Not really what we were wanting to do, since his house is so tiny and when you have it at someone's house, you feel like you should pitch in and help out (at least, my mom will, and the whole point was to give her the day off). I'll grin and bear it...My daughter won't do well with the overly-crowded space (she has autistic tendencies) and neither will I, so we'll probably bolt at the first possible moment. Oh well. We have other activities planned with my parents and siblings throughout the weekend, so it'll be good.
                *huggles*

We're having it at my Aunt's/Uncle's/cousins house and it's small too and they have cats so my Dad's allergic But we're having Christmas Eve at my house so we're not too upset

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                You'll find that Christmas means different things through different stages of your life. I loved Christmas when my kids were little, but now that they've grown up and moved on to create their own families, I feel I should be 'let off' and allowed to just do my own thing. Which is not spending loads of money, not putting up decorations and not feeling guilty for wanting to just spend the holiday on my own

I've never been a happy shopper, can't stand the crowds and queues. Where's the fun in that?

Poor LJ, she's not even in the same generation as me

See, that's what Christmas should be about. All the fun and warmth of being with your kids and watching them enjoy the magic Not feeling you have to shop till you drop, spending money that you can't really afford to spend in order to give your kids stuff that they don't really need and wood happily do without just to be with Mom and Dad and siblings in a loving home

/rant

Oh dear, I sound like a right old Scrooge But seriously, why does everyone have to go overboard at Christmas? It's supposed to be a celebration FCOL
                Because you can find really awesome sales...like a blue ray player for $80 or a season of CSI Miami for $15

I'm assuming you mean like presents wise? I never understand that either

Anyone have any good Christmas stories? Because yes I'm in a Christmas mood and can't find my Muppets Christmas Carol DVD And talking about Christmas makes me unmehish

I remember two distinct Christmas that stink out in memory the most

Spoiler:
                One was when I was 5 and I had a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal and I so wanted Minny. And I begged and begged and that's all I wanted for Christmas (Hey I was into 'ships' even back then ) and so I begged some more. Christmas came around and I had awesome presents...but no Minny and I was pretty heartbroken. And I sat there all sad (we have it on video ) and my Mom on film goes 'Hun...where is it?'...here they did get it for me and it was back behind the tree and they had forgot to give it to me I still have it too

Another instance was when I was probably 13 or so and there was this book and I couldn't figure out what it was and nevertheless I opened it first thing on Christmas and I FREAKED. It was the Stargate SG1 illustrated companion guide and I didn't know any Stargate books existed! I sat there for 15 minutes reading it and my parents said "Wish we would have known that, we would have only gotten you that for Christmas", my Dad had seen it and my Mom didn't think I'd like it but he talked her into getting it for me

Er....sorry

Comment

*happy dances through thread nekkid*

So much to do! I have two Shipper Rewatch banners and a Secret Santa for the S/J thread and this thread to make! Plus, I missed my deadline for my latest chapter and APA will be stalking me through the thread at any moment with her whip! *hides behind Joe*

EDIT: And I totally forgot about Shipsgiving! D'oh!
                  sigpic

Comment

Forgot to quote anything so... oops?

But whilst I won't cry if we don't get anything in the film -- S/J wise -- I would be disappointed. I tend to be a positive person so I don't concentrate on disappointments anyway, but I can't deny I would be a bit gutted, and well, I can understand if anybody else felt let down as well. That said, I don't see it as confirmation because we already had it, it would just be nice to see more of 'where are they now?' thing. We wouldn't be human if we didn't get emotionally involved in anything we put our heart and soul into.

The Damian Kindler and AT/RDA film thing. Well, we (me) had no reason to doubt what she said, and I for one would have loved it. My two favourite actors in something being written by my most favourite TPTB? You bet your backsides I would've loved it. I don't think I would've see Sam and Jack, I certainly don't see Sam in Sanctuary or Jack in MacGyver. I've got brains

And for the past two years I've disliked Christmas. The first being I was still in shock over the car accident and I barely remember it, and the second was the first one with Grandad (and I was still floaty) so it was depressing. But this year? I'm really looking forward to it and creating my own kind of Christmas with my two sisters, whom I now live with minus our parents. I think Christmas loses it charm on most people who don't have young people around them. And yeah... if you're hearing the sounds of popping, that would be my ovaries totally wishing there was young people around me

...just poking my nose in
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      Forgot to quote anything so... oops?

But whilst I won't cry if we don't get anything in the film -- S/J wise -- I would be disappointed. I tend to be a positive person so I don't concentrate on disappointments anyway, but I can't deny I would be a bit gutted, and well, I can understand if anybody else felt let down as well. That said, I don't see it as confirmation because we already had it, it would just be nice to see more of 'where are they now?' thing. We wouldn't be human if we didn't get emotionally involved in anything we put our heart and soul into.

The Damian Kindler and AT/RDA film thing. Well, we (me) had no reason to doubt what she said, and I for one would have loved it. My two favourite actors in something being written by my most favourite TPTB? You bet your backsides I would've loved it. I don't think I would've see Sam and Jack, I certainly don't see Sam in Sanctuary or Jack in MacGyver. I've got brains

And for the past two years I've disliked Christmas. The first being I was still in shock over the car accident and I barely remember it, and the second was the first one with Grandad (and I was still floaty) so it was depressing. But this year? I'm really looking forward to it and creating my own kind of Christmas with my two sisters, whom I now live with minus our parents. I think Christmas loses it charm on most people who don't have young people around them. And yeah... if you're hearing the sounds of popping, that would be my ovaries totally wishing there was young people around me

...just poking my nose in
                      ROFL!!! I'm cracking up over here!! I haven't laughed that hard in so long! You were so serious and then WHAM!funny stuff *huggles*

*huggles Woohoos*
                      *huggles LJ who forgot Shipsgiving* Don't feel bad...I forgot it too

*fangurls PTB*

Comment

*huggles*

We're having it at my Aunt's/Uncle's/cousins house and it's small too and they have cats so my Dad's allergic But we're having Christmas Eve at my house so we're not too upset

Because you can find really awesome sales...like a blue ray player for $80 or a season of CSI Miami for $15

I'm assuming you mean like presents wise? I never understand that either

Anyone have any good Christmas stories? Because yes I'm in a Christmas mood and can't find my Muppets Christmas Carol DVD And talking about Christmas makes me unmehish

I remember two distinct Christmas that stink out in memory the most

Spoiler:
                        One was when I was 5 and I had a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal and I so wanted Minny. And I begged and begged and that's all I wanted for Christmas (Hey I was into 'ships' even back then ) and so I begged some more. Christmas came around and I had awesome presents...but no Minny and I was pretty heartbroken. And I sat there all sad (we have it on video ) and my Mom on film goes 'Hun...where is it?'...here they did get it for me and it was back behind the tree and they had forgot to give it to me I still have it too

Another instance was when I was probably 13 or so and there was this book and I couldn't figure out what it was and nevertheless I opened it first thing on Christmas and I FREAKED. It was the Stargate SG1 illustrated companion guide and I didn't know any Stargate books existed! I sat there for 15 minutes reading it and my parents said "Wish we would have known that, we would have only gotten you that for Christmas", my Dad had seen it and my Mom didn't think I'd like it but he talked her into getting it for me

Er....sorry

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...artinwood2.jpg
                        Ok, this is going to sound really sour, but there's nothing on this earth that wood persuade me to queue in a crowded shopping centre for either of those, or anything else

Um, I guess I'd queue to see Martin, but not for anything else

*tosses Muppets Christmas Carold DVD at Amanda*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Ok, this is going to sound really sour, but there's nothing on this earth that wood persuade me to queue in a crowded shopping centre for either of those, or anything else

Um, I guess I'd queue to see Martin, but not for anything else

*tosses Muppets Christmas Carold DVD at Amanda*
                          Yeah my Mom's not crazy about Black Friday shopping either But she wants to get the shopping done or whatever so she does it anyway

And I was going to ask if you wood for Martin

*catches* Thanks! And I just found it on YT! *runs off*

Comment

ROFL!!! I'm cracking up over here!! I haven't laughed that hard in so long! You were so serious and then WHAM!funny stuff *huggles*

*huggles Woohoos*
                            *huggles LJ who forgot Shipsgiving* Don't feel bad...I forgot it too

*fangurls PTB*
                            Then my work here is done.

LJ, I didn't do anything for Shipsgiving either. The most I am doing is beta'ing fic.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*happy dances through thread nekkid*

So much to do! I have two Shipper Rewatch banners and a Secret Santa for the S/J thread and this thread to make! Plus, I missed my deadline for my latest chapter and APA will be stalking me through the thread at any moment with her whip! *hides behind Joe*

EDIT: And I totally forgot about Shipsgiving! D'oh!
                              (((((LJ))))) I know what you mean...
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yeah my Mom's not crazy about Black Friday shopping either But she wants to get the shopping done or whatever so she does it anyway

And I was going to ask if you wood for Martin

*catches* Thanks! And I just found it on YT! *runs off*
                                Do you need to ask? Is there seriously anything you think I woodn't do for Martin?

TPI when you post a link, could you please give some indication of what it is? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X