• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Martin, Martin he's our man
    He can do what no man can...
    make a toolfinder HOT
    So the viewfinder has been referred to as his tool so often that it's now become a toolfinder? Cool

I could do with one of those...........

Thanks, my friend liked the advice!

One last question she had was...how it is like to study/live in/around London?

Sorry for the OT on the thread girls, but we don't really have a lot of UK people in the class(only one and I have no idea where he is from)
    There is no such thing as OT on here, you should know that by now

I'm doing ok thanks Wendy

Comment

Glad you're doing okay Jumble

*loves you all*

*skips away* Tra la la la la.

Yeah... I'm bored.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        *waves to Jann and Wendy*

Huh! We've just had yet another severe weather warning Heavy rain, chance of flooding, very strong winds....... and guess what? IT'S COLD!!!

*imagines being snuggled up somewhere nice and warm with Martin*

It's ok, I'm just dreaming You're safe...... for now....

*sigh*

We have? Oh joy.

*stares at Martin and feels better*

*Thinks that that Joe is quite a cutie too...*

*And Coopie wrote an awesome ep of SGU that I watched last night...*

*And Brad's got that "shall we say romantic scene" lined up for movie #3...

*And Carl Binder - a proven romanticist - helped write that script too...*

*And Damien is writing a script for a possible AT and RDA movie outside of Stargate so that's pretty darn awesome...*

*And Dan Shea isn't hald bad either...*

*And hopes I've not missed out any PTB-of-choice or I may have to go edit later.*

Hmm, were did LJ's MQ go? Hmm!
        Anyhoo... LJ, I can't believe we have probably all seen that news and yet none of us has mentioned it in this thread. It is indeed awesome.

and...I had a question about some UK uni's for a friend of mine.
        Spoiler:

First of all we need to go study abroad next year so we need to find a place to study outside of the Netherlands and in a English speaking environment.
        We work with partner uni's in here and need to choose out of a list...and since my friends wants to go to the UK she is asking what is probably the "best" college out of this list(since it are just average colleges but we need to pay double college money for a year if we don't choose from the list)
        United Kingdom - Napier University, Edinburgh
        United Kingdom- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
        United Kingdom - Leeds Metropolitan University
        United Kingdom - Univ.of Central Lancashire (PR dept), Preston
        United Kingdom - Sheffield

Not a scooby, I am afraid. I think Wendy's advice is excellent though. I had friends who went to Leeds and adored it there. Leeds is a very interesting city so I guess of all those, that or Sheffield or Edinburgh would be the most interesting socially (as in not the university but the area / town / people around it). Hatfield isn't really anywhere special (there's a big tunnel and the Galleria and Hatfield House that I once went to a medeval banquet to at... umm... that's about it) and I have never been to Preston so don't know what that's like.

Sorry for the OT on the thread girls, but we don't really have a lot of UK people in the class(only one and I have no idea where he is from)

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        London? Never studied there, but lived and it's great if you like busy, busy, busy. London is great for transport links and all sorts, but expensive. So, your friend should probably stay outside London and commute in, otherwise the cost will be out of this world.

As a city lover, I'm probably biased, but I think London is fun to go to.

Again, more excellent advice.

Personally as a (technically) London dweller (outer edges) I would advise her to avoid it like the plague. It's expensive. Anywhere in London that isn't expensive is likely rough as and you would not really want to stay there (Forestgate comes to mind... ). Even the outskirts are not cheap - a 1 bed flat around me (not the poshest, most expensive area but ok to live in and probably the best place to be transport wise into town) sells for about £200k and rents out for £700 a month. Transport is second to none - I am no more than 10 minutes walk from a bus, train tube or plane. () and can be in the centre of the city inside an hour - but then the tube is crowded, noisy, smelly and mostly underground which is fair reason to avoid it IMO. I won't comment about buses... la la la - hubby works for a bus company in London so I should probably be extolling their virtues.
        However, there's some amazing and wonderful things in London, like all the museums, the Tate gallery, the old catherdrals, the parks etc. It's actually really lovely to just get a day pass and hop on the tube getting off and walking about just drinking it all in. It's very cosmopolitan in places and I've always loved that... hmm, yes I may complain about my home city but you know, secretly I am madly in love with it.

*wanders off humming "maybe it's because I'm a Londoner"...*

Ahem, where was I? Ah, as for study? Hmm, I don't know. My stepson went to Brunel university and he loved it but that's really outskirts of London again.
        I am sure anyone who likes city life would absolutely love London, but there are cities in the UK that are just as amazing but much cheaper to live in.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow! We just lost the entire day's posts! (well, the ones that went up before the crash)
          sigpic

Comment

WOOOHOOO GW is back!

Thanks for the advice Cags I'll tell my friend tomorrow(didn't saw it anymore before the GW outtage)

jumble can I say that I made that "toolfinder" mistake coz I am having a fever? You know what a fever can do to you...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Wow! We just lost the entire day's posts! (well, the ones that went up before the crash)
              Seriously, posts were lost?

That makes me sad.

I can't believe how long it took GW to come back!!!
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

We did? I don't see anything that I missed...but then again I wasn't there for a few hours before GW went poof! (I came home and it was poof!)

BAD GW! you're getting house arrest

EDIT: Uh oh the entire Characters and Relationships folder dissappeared...
                sigpic

Comment

Oh thank goodness GW is back up....but it was really cool seeing a lot of you guys on FB And it was fun spamming Jumble's FB...and I'd so laugh if her family comes across it

*huggles Woohoos and PTB*

I missed my favorite two PTB today

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*runz through thread nekkid while GW is still up*
                    sigpic

Comment

GW is back...hopefully without an outage now!!!

*huggles it*
                      sigpic

Comment

My posts from yesterday are all still there

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        Oh thank goodness GW is back up....but it was really cool seeing a lot of you guys on FB And it was fun spamming Jumble's FB...and I'd so laugh if her family comes across it

*huggles Woohoos and PTB*

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...nwoodcont8.jpg

I missed my favorite two PTB today
                        Oh yeah, 155 posts on my FB Maybe I should copy the whole conversation and paste it here?

Cool party last night WooHoos *hugs*

Suz woodn't be surprised if she saw it, but Rob might raise an eyebrow

For those that didn't see it..

Comment

Yay!
                          *hugs GW*

Still, the question stands: Who did it? Who crashed GW?

*hugs WooHoos*
                          *hugs PTB*
                          *hugs, um... Broccoli*
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            Yay!
                            *hugs GW*

Still, the question stands: Who did it? Who crashed GW?

*hugs WooHoos*
                            *hugs PTB*
                            *hugs, um... Broccoli*
                            I'm blaming Sarai, she made me post those pics of Dan and GW just couldn't cope with the hotness

Edit: Is it me, or is GW running really slow

Comment

Morning all !!

EDIT: Afternoon

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              I'm blaming Sarai, she made me post those pics of Dan and GW just couldn't cope with the hotness

Edit: Is it me, or is GW running really slow
                              Moi?

Although really... I woodn't be surprised. Just look at the cuteness!

*giggles*

*hopes that doesn't crash GW again *

On UK universities...

*huggles* We got the same warning in here Jumble will make cycling home fun later today.( at 7:30 pm)

and...I had a question about some UK uni's for a friend of mine.
                              Spoiler:

First of all we need to go study abroad next year so we need to find a place to study outside of the Netherlands and in a English speaking environment.
                              We work with partner uni's in here and need to choose out of a list...and since my friends wants to go to the UK she is asking what is probably the "best" college out of this list(since it are just average colleges but we need to pay double college money for a year if we don't choose from the list)
                              United Kingdom - Napier University, Edinburgh
                              United Kingdom- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
                              United Kingdom - Leeds Metropolitan University
                              United Kingdom - Univ.of Central Lancashire (PR dept), Preston
                              United Kingdom - Sheffield

Jann...

Spoiler:
                              First of all yay for you and your friend! I'm so jealous you get the chance to study abroad! It was only after I was about halfway through my second year I found out I could have STUDIED IN VANCOUVER for a year. But then that was just another thing in a long list of c*** I had to deal with from my course.

On the Universities themselves - three years ago I would have told you to avoid Leeds Met with a bargepole (I was Leeds University and there is big rivalry) however now I'm on the other side of the fence. If I had my time again I wood definitely go there and have even been thinking about doing some post-grad stuff there. There Arts & Humanities department is second to none and the city of Leeds itself is just incredible. Very vibrant, lots of culture and nightlife, and the people are fantastic!!

On the others...I know Edinburgh and Sheffield University (not Sheffield Hallam) are two fantastic universities as well. If your friend is looking for culture I wood suggest Edinburgh, or for nightlife then Sheffield. Tbh, that's why I recommend Leeds because it combines the best of the two (that and I am slightly biased)

Afraid I don't know much about UCLAN or Herts, although I did look into doing media at UCLAN as that is supposed to be a good course as well.

Hope that helps somewhat - any more Q's feel free to PM myself or Josi , I'm sure she won't mind! !

EDIT: One more thing I know about Leeds Met - the fees are a couple of grand cheaper than Leeds Uni, part of the reason I wish I had gone there! Don't know if that applies to internationals but its something that should definitely be researched!

EDIT 2: Wow, I can really talk about Leeds !

Yeah on the London thing I wood agree with Cags - London is amazing for culture, nightlife, shopping etc... but its just too expensive. If you have to pay ridiculous fees as well, I wood imagine its going to be a bit of a struggle to live in London with the economy the way it is at the moment. That isn't to say its cheap anywhere in the UK but I'm struggling up north at the moment so dread to think what it wood be like in London!

Comment

*waves to Sarai* Funny how you always show up as soon as Dan is mentioned

Comment

Working...
                                X