The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    OK... but you should know I totally suck at house work... and nothing will ever get done...
    Sounds like the other alternative might suit you better then

*runz away*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Sounds like the other alternative might suit you better then

*runz away*

*twaps Jumble upside the head*

Actually I don't think that would would work either... I don't wear skirts... ever... for anything...

Niiiiice!
        sigpic

Comment

*twaps Jumble upside the head*

Actually I don't think that would would work either... I don't wear skirts... ever... for anything...
          Neither do I, but I don't think what you wear really matters, for long

Niiiiice!
          Yessssss that's definitely a tummy-jump pic. It's the neck..... nope, it's the chin..... nope, it's the mouth...... or maybe it's that cute little scar........ or maybe just the way he holds his tool......... *drifts off again*

Comment

OK... but you should know I totally suck at house work... and nothing will ever get done...
            ......so...I think you should try the other profession then

Coz...with not finishing work ...I'm not hiring you

Neither do I, but I don't think what you wear really matters, for long
            *snort*...true...plus...you can do it in pants too...for the moment..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              ......so...I think you should try the other profession then

Coz...with not finishing work ...I'm not hiring you

*snort*...true...plus...you can do it in pants too...for the moment..
              *seriously hopes there are no PTB lurking today* You know Brad was around GW earlier don't you?

You know, I think maybe I was a bit harsh in my reply to Bekki my emotions are still very raw and I'm seeing everything in black and white I could have been a bit more sympathetic, because I do know how hard it is to use your head sensibly when your heart is smitten. But it's really hard to watch someone you care about heading for heartache and not be able to do anything about it.

Had a similar thing with Suz a while ago. She had a BF that treated her badly, took her for granted, cheated on her and then expected her to jump into bed with him every time he snapped his fingers, which of course she did Her self-esteem was very low, she put up with him because she thought she didn't deserve any better and believed she was in love with him. Which is the same as being in love in many ways.

I didn't tell her what I thought she should or shouldn't do, because I knew she wood just do the opposite But I did let her know in subtler ways that I didn't think much of him, and I encouraged her to think better of herself, praising her for her lovely looks as well as her cleverness and many skills. In the end, he hurt her one too many times. She dumped him, and ignored all his attempts to get her back. And I did my best to hide my jubilation (*fist pump*)

Then she met Mike. Poor Mike, how he suffered while she tested him and laid traps for him to see if he was genuine or not

So she learned the hard way, but it means that she now knows that she has worth, and has the right to be valued and cared for properly by the man that she loves. Lesson learned

Actually, thinking about it, I did the same with Michael because I've had bad experiences that have left me with trust issues. Why oh why didn't I marry him when he first asked me?

Oh dear

/rant

Comment

Oh Jumbly *huggles* Trust me, you're not harsh at all! I need a mummy opinion, seeing as I havent told my mummy And you're an excellent mummy

Exactly what I needed to hear, in fact. In my friend's defence, I honestly think he thinks he's protecting me with the not kissing thing. I don't think he understands. *rolls eyes* and the other girl...well, they don't ever see each other, they just talk on facebook and on the phone...it's odd and I don't understand it...whatever. He really is a nice guy. He just...*shrugs* He doesn't get it (and I don't even think that's just the love talking)

Which is why I need help. I don't know how to have that conversation When is an appropriate time to bring up stuff like that?

Urgh...what a mess

((((((((((((((((Woohoos))))))))))))))) You know I love you! Thank you, thank you!
                sigpic

Comment

Yessssss that's definitely a tummy-jump pic. It's the neck..... nope, it's the chin..... nope, it's the mouth...... or maybe it's that cute little scar........ or maybe just the way he holds his tool......... *drifts off again*

It was indeed. Even for me... which is slightly squicky actually (although my lookalike brother has lost a shed load of weight recently and is skinny as anything at the moment... stable doors and horses come to mind, all things considered but ho hum!)

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  hehe - I scared you all away (or to sleep, to be more accurate)

Alright, here's the deluge
                  (if you're the Too Much Information kind of person, you might not want to read. I'm not censoring )

Spoiler:
                  Ok. So I'm sure I've bored you all to death in the last couple of months with the stories of my 'friend.' But just in case you've missed out, let me start at the beginning.

I go to dance school with this guy. We became really good friends and one day discussed (half jokingly) the possiblity of having sex. That day, he told me that it would be fun, but that he actually liked this other girl, so he didn't know if it would be a good idea or not. I told him that it probably wasn't a good idea then, and he agreed with me, and then told me that he kinda liked me too. Fast forward a couple of weeks of non-awkward friendship and we find ourselves at a party, fairly inebriated. We make out a bit. Lovely. The same thing happens every couple of weeks or so. We go to Melbourne (for an audition, not as a couple or anything) but end up spending the whole week together, like its a holiday. Very lovely. More making out. A couple of weeks later, he sends me a text telling me that he still likes this other girl but that he would like to have sex with me. That week he asks whether I like him. I tell him that I do, and that he already knew that. He agrees. I don't ask him how he feels. Idiot. He tells me that he doesn't want to kiss me because to him, kissing is too personal. Very tiny part of my heart breaks off and gets absorbed into my bloodstream. End of that week, we have sex. (me for the first time). It's all quite nice. We hang out and hook up regularly. He tells me he plans on seeing this other girl on the holidays. I don't ask any questions. I meet his friends. They tell him he should date me. He tells me this, but then doesn't ask me out.

So - the problem is, I really really like this guy and have absolutely no idea how he feels about me. I knwo that I should break off all 'physical' contact until I know what's going on, but I don't know how to ask. I'm really bad at confrontation, and I'm really worried that if I tell him how I feel that he will break this off. I get that it might be a good thing in the long run to do that, but I just don't want to! It's so annoying. I should just be happy with what I've got, but I feel like I'm spending every waking moment wondering whether he's talking to that other girl, or being with her, and not at all thinking about me the way I think about him.

Hahaha - even just writing this I become all too aware of what an idiot I am for getting into this situation. On paper, it sounds like he's treating me a lot worse than what he actually is. He told me about this girl straight up, and I decdied to go along with it anyway, so I can't really blame him for not falling head over heals for me. I don't know why I expected it would change, but...ah poo. It's just poo. Jumble told me months ago that I should get out, and I knew that she was right, but Id never been in love or had my heart broken and I figured that I had better start sometime. So I jumped in.

Every now and then he tells me that it shouldn't be this comfortable, when we're sitting talking or something. I want to scream at him that it is supposed to be this comfortable, because that's what relationships are like. We tell each other everything (well, mostly he tells me everything...I'm not that much of a sharer...which is one of the reasons I havent said any of this to him). And every now and then, a friend will tell me that they love the way he lokos at me, like I'm special...but I never see that and I worry that they are just saying ti to make me feel better.

So...Woohoos - HELP ME!!! What am I supposed to do? I want to be with him, but I don't know how to tell him without ruining everything! And I don't know how to do what I need to do. I don't know how to tell him how I feel. How??????

Oh dear...that was long...sorry

Oh Bekki... men can be such... arses!

((((Bekki))))

I pretty much agree with everything everyone has already said. Quells suprise!

You know I spent most of last night consoling and comiserating with a Canadian friend of mine who's recently been "dumped" by her boyfriend for another woman (well, actually she was dumped by the boyfriend's other woman but that's a whole other story). Thing is, the other woman was his girlfriend when he first started seeing her (so, actually, my friend was the "other" woman to start with). It's all rather messy but he's now decided he wants to be with this other woman again and my friend has had her heart ripped apart by it all. She's on the edge of a breakdown over it but then, if you knew the way he'd behaved... He's never comitted to her - was secretive about thier relationship and would not let her tell even her close friends about them - this a year and a half after he officially split with the other girl. He's spent almost two years emotionally blackmailing her and "sulked" to deliberately make her feel bad about herself. Yeah, he was a right piece of work...she went away to uni and the first thing he did was invite this other girl to come stay with him for a week. You know, I told her she was well rid of him but that doens't make the heartbreak any easier to bear I suppose.

I know that's nothing like your situation but the comparison is that she didn't realise how bad it all was until she wrote it down and she said exactly what you did - that it wasn't as bad as it sounded.
                  Your guy is messing you about; he's just being more honest and nicer about it, that's all. it's still messing and it's still bad enough.

This fella is hedging isn't he? He probably likes (or thinks he likes) this other girl more but he knows you're a safe bet? So he's not going to let go of you to persue this other girl when he's getting some action.
                  Personally I think you need to tell him that this is more serious for you than just a friendship-with-benefits thing and that, if he really wants any chance with this other girl, he has to cool it with you and put some distance between you and that you'll make that easy for him by instigating that. Sure that will be hard and will hurt but you deserve more respect and he needs to either realise just how special you are (and come running back without thoughts of this other girl) or he needs to stop "using" you and get it on with her. And you need space to get perspective on exactly how you feel about him and whether you think he's worth being mucked about like this for. Bearing in mind leopards rarely change their spots.

And I agree with Jumble about the kissing bit. I've stuck my tongue down plenty of bloke's throats (and quite a few girls ) but sex is a whole other deal. What, has this guy been watching Pretty Woman or something? Life isn't a movie script. I mean, I know men have a different outlook on sex than women but that's just...well, insulting!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh Jumbly *huggles* Trust me, you're not harsh at all! I need a mummy opinion, seeing as I havent told my mummy And you're an excellent mummy

Exactly what I needed to hear, in fact. In my friend's defence, I honestly think he thinks he's protecting me with the not kissing thing. I don't think he understands. *rolls eyes* and the other girl...well, they don't ever see each other, they just talk on facebook and on the phone...it's odd and I don't understand it...whatever. He really is a nice guy. He just...*shrugs* He doesn't get it (and I don't even think that's just the love talking)

Which is why I need help. I don't know how to have that conversation When is an appropriate time to bring up stuff like that?

Urgh...what a mess

((((((((((((((((Woohoos))))))))))))))) You know I love you! Thank you, thank you!
                    At the very first opportunity you can arrange! You need to get it sorted, and the sooner the better before you get so far in that you lose the will to get out (see Cag's friend's story above).

Arrange to meet him somewhere you can have quiet chat, but preferably in public so he can't start working his charms on you physically. Then let it all out before you can change your mind

You're a lovely person Bekki, and you deserve more respect than you're getting from him, no matter what excuse you come up with

Quoting Cags
                    And I agree with Jumble about the kissing bit. I've stuck my tongue down plenty of bloke's throats (and quite a few girls ) but sex is a whole other deal. What, has this guy been watching Pretty Woman or something? Life isn't a movie script. I mean, I know men have a different outlook on sex than women but that's just...well, insulting!
                    Yes, that set my alarm bells ringing. That's a very sick attitude

Comment

Urgh...what a mess

There's not going to be an easy time but ASAP would be the order of the day as far as I am concerned.

Just don't do what one guy did to me once. He took me in the bathroom, sat me on the edge of the bath and said "I want to pack you in." while all his mates were outside the door listening. I think you can be more sensitive about it than that!

Actually, with him I did a similar stupid thing after we split. I was still so hung up on him I basically became his on call girl whenever he needed a bit of a fumble, all the while knowing he liked another girl and (much to my shame) was actualy dating her at one point. It wasn't nearly as bad as your situation - there was absolutely no pretense of a relationship between us and we didn't even much like each other for much of that time. It took me nearly two years to realise that all the while I was mooning after him waiting for him to want more than an occasional quick fumble under the sheets, I wasn't doing myself credit so I made a decision to stop jumping and running when he called.
                      Then, not long after I moved on I got together with hubby and all of a sudden he wanted me again in a real relationship... Umm...no! One day, my ex turned round to my best friend and said "What's Charles got that I haven't?" to which my best friend replied, "Well Caroline for starters". I love my best friend so much!
                      Anyway, in the long run it all worked out ok and, actually, my ex is a really good friend now. He's still single though.

OK, bored 2 year old alert. I am being called on to play chase now...
                      sigpic

Comment

Quoting Cags again
                        Life isn't a movie script.
                        That's a shame. Did you see that film where this famous Director fell in love with his biggest fan and ran off with her? No? D'oh!

Oh, and my Suz just bought her first horse, Metal Gear Wrex (Wrex for short )

Spoiler:

Comment

Jumbly! Pretty horse!!! He looks so....black!

Speaking of animals, how's Bekki doing?

*huggles Woohoos again for their awesomeness* Have texted boy for a meet tomorrow night...hasn't texted back though. Now we wait...
                          sigpic

Comment

Jumbly! Pretty horse!!! He looks so....black!

Speaking of animals, how's Bekki doing?
                            She's doing fine! Still very noisy

*huggles Woohoos again for their awesomeness* Have texted boy for a meet tomorrow night...hasn't texted back though. Now we wait...
                            Good girl. And if you start to waver, just keep telling yourself 'I'm worth more than this! Jumbly says so!'

And if that doesn't work, ask yourself how embarrassing it wood be to tell us you didn't say what you needed to, because he swooned you again

Comment

I'm sooooo boooooored........ tool time....

Hmmm. I seem to have some missing........

Comment

Found them!

Comment

Working...
                                X