X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    OT
    Spoiler:
    just was at work...and since I already earn the same amount of money for the whole time I worked there I asked how that is like that(since normally in here you earn more each year you get older till 23) ...then my boss said well you earn a lot already etc. but I will give you more if you buy new clothes for yourself because I don't like these(while I bought new ones a little while ago) ...he found them ugly and then the wife's boss agreed and I got a whole speech of approximately 20 min. how innappropriate these clothes are......I already said in the beginning "fine I'll get a new blouse" but that wasn't enough they were saying nothing was good etc. In which I ended up in tears(and still are crying) ...and said when I started to cry what a nonsense it was(that I was crying). in the end I got the new dates to work next week and I had to leave without even getting an appology for making me cry(and still was)...so I just walked away...this after 7 hours of non-stop working

Just had to talk in here since nobody is at home to talk to...
    (((Jann))) What a ridiculous way to go about things, your boss sounds like a total incompetent to me! For a start whether you are part time or not they should specify what your uniform should be and whether you should provide it or not. Also whether you're part time or not you should have a legal contract which says what you are required to where to work! And finally, if there is a problem with what you are wearing you should have been pulled aside to have a private talk about what you should be wearing etc... Talking about it in front of another member of staff is so totally unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm gonna come down there and kick some butt !

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    (((((((Jann)))))))
    (((((((Nad)))))))
    (((((((Jumble)))))))

Anyone else need hugs?

Spoiler:
    I on the other hand am on a high, just got home after singing in a concert where we sang a piece of music my Dad composed, and it went sooo well It was sold out, and everyone loved my Dad's piece I'm feeling all proud of him And my whole family was involved - my Dad conducting, me & my Mum singing, my sister playing in the orchestra, my brother recording the piece, and my brother-in-law singing and then later conducting the orchestra It was awesome!

*bounces out*
    Well! You're like the modern Von Trapps! Glad it went well

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    (((Nad))) I'll be thinking of you, hope you feel better soon!

(((Jann))) I hate those kinds of people Just remember that they may be your boss...but people like that are just not worth your time!

Jas
    - Ouch being tipsy and wearing high heels? I'm lucky I can walk in high heels normally!

I'm pretty happy
    Spoiler:
    I graduated yesterday from high school! Finally! and the graduation ceremony was lovely (and I managed to not cry woohood!!) And then we had this big party from 10 pm last night till 6 am this morning and it's pretty much so we have a place to have fun so we don't get drunk or do drugs or anything stupid to celebrate graduation. I had the best time! And at the end they were giving away prizes and they had all our names in a bag and then they'd pick a name. There was like 10-15 prices (there was like 150-200 kids there, there were 550 people in my graduating class) and they had a GPS, digital camera, two laptop computers,a wii and a few other things ...I won a 19 inch LCD HD flat screen tv!!! I was so happy because I never win anything and it's really really nice TV!

*runs nekkid through thread*
    Congrats on graduating Amanda!!

Hope everyones having a fun weekend !

OT:

Spoiler:
    I'm off to Germany tomorrow until Friday. Don't know if I'll be able to get on a computer but if not I'll be around today and back next Saturday

Comment

*hugs Jann and Nad again*
      Love the new baby Jumble, so cute
      Have a great time Sarai! Yay for holidays!
      Only a week to go until I go to Aus!!!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*giggles* I love these little hug fests...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Jann ditto on everything Sarai said

Have a good trip Sarai

Oh, and for the challenge........

*pokes tongue out at Nad... again*

Comment

*waves* Hey Jumble! Have a good weekend with Michael then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              *waves* Hey Jumble! Have a good weekend with Michael then?
              I did

Although I do have to say it's a bit like having a big kid around sometimes

Spoiler:
              I happened to say I was planning to jet-wash the patio next week, and he was all "Oooooh! You have a jet-washer? Cool..... can I do it?"

So off he went to play with the jet-washer......... and I started watching Lost City (without the commentary ) After part two finished, it suddenly occurred to me that cleaning the patio usually takes me about 45 minutes, as opposed to the hour and a half that he'd been at it. So I went out to see why it was taking so long, and made some comment about male inefficiency.......... at which he turned the washer on me

So I did the only sensible thing........... I turned on the other hose (which he didn't know about ) and gave him a thorough soaking The whole thing then degenerated into a hysterical 'got you!' 'got you back' thing

And of course I couldn't let him back in the house in sopping wet clothes, so I made him strip in the conservatory Good thing my garden is fairly secluded

We ended up collapsing in a wet giggling heap

So I guess I'm as big a kid as him really

He left for home about ten minutes ago

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                I did

Spoiler:
                I happened to say I was planning to jet-wash the patio next week, and he was all "Oooooh! You have a jet-washer? Cool..... can I do it?"

So off he went to play with the jet-washer......... and I started watching Lost City (without the commentary ) After part two finished, it suddenly occurred to me that cleaning the patio usually takes me about 45 minutes, as opposed to the hour and a half that he'd been at it. So I went out to see why it was taking so long, and made some comment about male inefficiency.......... at which he turned the washer on me

So I did the only sensible thing........... I turned on the other hose (which he didn't know about ) and gave him a thorough soaking The whole thing then degenerated into a hysterical 'got you!' 'got you back' thing

And of course I couldn't let him back in the house in sopping wet clothes, so I made him strip in the conservatory Good thing my garden is fairly secluded

Sounds like fun. *hugs* It's no fun when they go away I know . Dave is away for the weekend and what with me being away for the week I won't see him until next Friday (hence why I probably won't be back until Saturday ).

That 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' idea has a lot to answer for .

Comment

Sounds like fun. *hugs* It's no fun when they go away I know . Dave is away for the weekend and what with me being away for the week I won't see him until next Friday (hence why I probably won't be back until Saturday ).

That 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' idea has a lot to answer for .
                  True, but you know, I find it works for me......... I miss him enough to make me overjoyed to see him, but not enough to make it painful (because it's only been two weeks, normally) ............ and, um...... personal stuff never gets 'old' IYKWIM

And because we haven't seen each other on a daily basis there's so much to talk about We text/phone during the gap, especially if something big happens (which is how he knew to come prepared to get a very soggy shoulder this week-end ) but that still leaves all the little bits and pieces to talk about. Which is great

Comment

Josi That's so cool! I wish my dad could do that!

(((Nad))) how are you feeling today?

Jumbly cool new baby It looks very sweet

(((Jann))) What a ridiculous way to go about things, your boss sounds like a total incompetent to me! For a start whether you are part time or not they should specify what your uniform should be and whether you should provide it or not. Also whether you're part time or not you should have a legal contract which says what you are required to where to work! And finally, if there is a problem with what you are wearing you should have been pulled aside to have a private talk about what you should be wearing etc... Talking about it in front of another member of staff is so totally unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm gonna come down there and kick some butt !
                    If only said that all...etc...but only 3 weeks left and I'm outta there

OT:

Spoiler:
                    I'm off to Germany tomorrow until Friday. Don't know if I'll be able to get on a computer but if not I'll be around today and back next Saturday
                    Spoiler:
                    have fun! and you're not going that far away from me...only 1,5 hour

EDIT: Sorry for being behind but I wrote this message around 6 pm and forgot to post it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      *hugs Jann and Nad again*
                      Love the new baby Jumble, so cute : D
                      Have a great time Sarai! Yay for holidays!
                      Only a week to go until I go to Aus!!!
                      Yay for aussie! three weeks for me...well a little bit more but almost!

Jann ditto on everything Sarai said : )

Have a good trip Sarai : )

*pokes tongue out at Nad... again* ; )
                      Awesome! even though I don't like what you did ...they do belong together! You just don't know it yet.

I see them coming together in the future...or they are already sneaky together

I did : D

Spoiler:

So off he went to play with the jet-washer......... and I started watching Lost City (without the commentary : () After part two finished, it suddenly occurred to me that cleaning the patio usually takes me about 45 minutes, as opposed to the hour and a half that he'd been at it. So I went out to see why it was taking so long, and made some comment about male inefficiency.......... at which he turned the washer on me

So I did the only sensible thing........... I turned on the other hose (which he didn't know about ; )) and gave him a thorough soaking The whole thing then degenerated into a hysterical 'got you!' 'got you back' thing

Sounds fun! *huggles for him being gone again*

Oh and I talked with my mom about the whole work thing and she really cheered me up...and afterwards dad cheered me up by watching SGA the whole day *has had a Shep overdosis*
                      sigpic

Comment

*dances through thread, nekkid*
                        sigpic

Comment

*covers Dan's eyes*

Very true Jumble. That's the mark of a good relationship I think; where you can be completely comfortable with each other no matter how much time you spend apart. It shows strength . That's partly how I came to realise me and Dave would be together for the forseeable . I'm so glad you had a better weekend after such a crappy time last week as well .

*dances out to continue reading Pol's latest fic Fever* It's awesome !

Comment

*covers Dan's eyes*

Very true Jumble. That's the mark of a good relationship I think; where you can be completely comfortable with each other no matter how much time you spend apart. It shows strength . That's partly how I came to realise me and Dave would be together for the forseeable . I'm so glad you had a better weekend after such a crappy time last week as well .

*dances out to continue reading Pol's latest fic Fever* It's awesome !
                            Speaking of fics......... now that you have more time on your hands, any chance of a follow up to 'All in a day's work'? *smiles sweetly*

Comment

Speaking of fics......... now that you have more time on your hands, any chance of a follow up to 'All in a day's work'? *smiles sweetly*
                              She first has to finish beta'ing the last chapter of my story!

Talking of which...I need to pm her about that
                              sigpic

Comment

*giggles at WooHoos* I'm glad everyone's feeling a little better today.

*pokes tongue out at Nad... again*
                                Noooooooooooooooooooooooow!
                                That's it. I am making that Helen/Major Wood sig now
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X