X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Oh dear, I really shouldn't be laughing, it really wasn't funny *giggles*

*pulls self together* Ok..

As a parent, one becomes accustomed to being presented with odd/strange/awkward/difficult problems by one's offspring. But this one, this one is a doozy

Jo (my 31-year-old daughter) came running in wailing "Mummmeeeeeeeee!!! Heeeeeelp!!!"

(spoilered for weirdness)

Spoiler:
    "I need to go to the loo and I can't get my trousers off!!"

Um....?

Turns out she'd got a new tattoo a couple of days ago. It starts on her hip and extends up to just under her waist. The problem was, she was wearing a fairly tight pair of trousers and the unhealed skin had stuck to them

The only thing I could think of was to get her trousers wet, so there she was standing in my shower trying to pour water down the inside of her trousers whilst I was trying to gently ease the material away from her skin

And of course, we all know what effect running water has on a full bladder

Poor Jo! We managed to get her free without ripping off too much skin off, and without her disgracing herself

So then I explained to her that she needed to smother it in Aqueous cream and then cover it with cling film before wearing anything that might stick! I learned that one when I had the one on my back done

So, wonderful, caring mother that I am, I'm still giggling at the ridiculousness of that scene
    ROFL...Poor thing...but didn't she got instructions while getting the tattoo...normally you do! Otherwise you can come in a lot of trouble...like now

I do hope that the tattoo is still intact though! *huggles Jo*

As for parents getting accustomed with weird things from their kids...oh yeah...Poor parents...in here it came once so far that dad didn't even dare to go to a parentmeeting from embarrasment(sp?)

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    It really scares me how much your reactions always remind me of Mom's. She'd laugh at me first, help me while laughing, laugh at me after and then apologize for laughing adding a ''...but really, it was sooo funny'' and laugh some more, just to remind me every chance she'd get...
    Only Jumbly sounds more like my dad...he would laugh at me...mom would look worried and help...dad would only laugh...and make a suggestion...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      ROFL...Poor thing...but didn't she got instructions while getting the tattoo...normally you do! Otherwise you can come in a lot of trouble...like now
      Well yes, and it's not as if it's her first tattoo, she just changed her mind at the last minute about what to wear and didn't think it through

I do hope that the tattoo is still intact though! *huggles Jo*

As for parents getting accustomed with weird things from their kids...oh yeah...Poor parents...in here it came once so far that dad didn't even dare to go to a parentmeeting from embarrasment(sp?)

Only Jumbly sounds more like my dad...he would laugh at me...mom would look worried and help...dad would only laugh...and make a suggestion...
      Ah, see I've been both Mum and Dad most of the time, so I had to learn early the best way to deal with just about everything

What made me laugh the most was the fact that someone in her thirties can still change into a wimpering child and run to her Mummy like that Made me feel kinda fuzzy too

Comment

Well yes, and it's not as if it's her first tattoo, she just changed her mind at the last minute about what to wear and didn't think it through
        ...that's what you get for changing clothes without thinking about it

*puts it in her own memory database of things not to do*

Ah, see I've been both Mum and Dad most of the time, so I had to learn early the best way to deal with just about everything

What made me laugh the most was the fact that someone in her thirties can still change into a wimpering child and run to her Mummy like that Made me feel kinda fuzzy too
        Ah yeah, then it's different...in here the tasks are divided...dad for fun stuff, mom for all the non-fun stuff and annoying...

That's funny! You'll always be their mummy...awwww...how cute
        sigpic

Comment

LOOK! RDA is in those pics! *ruffle, ruffle, ruffle*

Morning, Woohoos! What a strange and wonderful day you've been having on the thread!

I'm right-handed.

(((Bekki)))

LOL at jumble's daughter.

*stumbles to kitchen for cereal*
          sigpic

Comment

Um..... you're ruffling the wrong guy there LJ

That's RDA's body double and steady-cam operator (his name escapes me atm )

Comment

Um..... you're ruffling the wrong guy there LJ

That's RDA's body double and steady-cam operator (his name escapes me atm )

Wooooo! There are TWO men on the planet with hair like that!!?? *ruffle, ruffle*
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure there are more than that

Trying to find a better pic..

He's on the far right, not a brilliant pic though

Comment

*shuffles in, sniffling* I have an icky cold just started up, which is soo not good, considering I have so much to do before I go to Australia in 10 days and also have to sing in a concert on Saturday

((((((((((Bekki)))))))))) for your evil flu ( OK, I'm not going to complain any more about my cold ) and also for idiotic men. Honestly!
                  Spoiler:
                  I was wondering along the same lines as what Jumble said - he's either being typically man-manipulative or man-oblivious, and it's not often easy to tell which in those scenarios But that really sucks for you if you're falling for him too... again to echo what Jumble said, be careful, because I'd hate to think of you getting hurt badly. *more hugs*

*happy dances for Sarai* That's awesome news, both for the uni results and the house! Really chuffed for you!

at Jumble and Jo!
                  Spoiler:
                  It's funny though, no matter how old you get, mothers and daughters can so easily regress to their childhood relationship My mum always says that no matter how old your kids get they're still your babies deep down, and I think it works in reverse too

And *raises right hand* I'm right-handed and we are awesome too, so there

CONGRATS ON 8000 LUVNJACK!!!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    *shuffles in, sniffling* I have an icky cold just started up, which is soo not good, considering I have so much to do before I go to Australia in 10 days and also have to sing in a concert on Saturday

((((((((((Bekki)))))))))) for your evil flu ( OK, I'm not going to complain any more about my cold ) and also for idiotic men. Honestly!
                    Spoiler:
                    I was wondering along the same lines as what Jumble said - he's either being typically man-manipulative or man-oblivious, and it's not often easy to tell which in those scenarios But that really sucks for you if you're falling for him too... again to echo what Jumble said, be careful, because I'd hate to think of you getting hurt badly. *more hugs*

*happy dances for Sarai* That's awesome news, both for the uni results and the house! Really chuffed for you!

at Jumble and Jo!
                    Spoiler:
                    It's funny though, no matter how old you get, mothers and daughters can so easily regress to their childhood relationship My mum always says that no matter how old your kids get they're still your babies deep down, and I think it works in reverse too

And *raises right hand* I'm right-handed and we are awesome too, so there

Well your Mum is right, i still see my kids as my babies

I'll tell you the weirdest I've ever felt in my entire life. When I was walking down the hospital corridor and saw Jo holding Lee the day he was born! Seeing your 'baby' holding her own baby is a startling and amazing experience

Comment

((((Bekki))))

Men are so stupid and oblivious

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You know...even with all the "grrr" we have about men...I still want one...*picks one from street...has fun...is happy *

And yup...we'll always be the "babies" of our parents ...just like you'll always be the younger sister/brother...even when you're all grown up...or in my brother's case...bigger than his older brother

Weird.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          You know...even with all the "grrr" we have about men...I still want one...*picks one from street...has fun...is happy *

And yup...we'll always be the "babies" of our parents ...just like you'll always be the younger sister/brother...even when you're all grown up...or in my brother's case...bigger than his older brother

Weird.
                          I still want one as well but then I realize what a pain they are and what idiots they are and occasionally I'm happy I don't have one until of course I want one again...it's a vicious cycle!

And speaking of being babies to your parents...all my mom keeps saying is "I can't believe my baby graduates in a couple of days"

Comment

*Huggles Hubby* Glad I'm not on the singles' scene anymore! *dances out*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              *Huggles Hubby* Glad I'm not on the singles' scene anymore! *dances out*

The dating scene is very dull over here in Pennsylvania I want exciting and I don't know any exciting guys! I only know geeks and while I'm a geek myself I don't want someone who's a geek per say...I want someone who's adventurous and exciting and a guy who believes like I do...and there's just not any around

Comment

Oh WooHoos, please let's not bash 50% of the population on the basis of a few bad experiences

I've got the worst track record (with men) than anyone I know, and Michael will attest to the fact that it has made me very cynical about ever trusting one again, but the fact is that not all men are insensitive/stupid/untrustworthy/violent cheats. There are some really lovely guys out there who have had awful experiences with women who can be all of the above and worse

I guess what I'm saying is that you shouldn't tar all men with the same brush. Just be careful and get to know people really well before you give them your heart, or your body

Here endeth 'Men 101' according to Jumble

Edit: And I'll add to that something that LJ just posted on the Artwork thread:

If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.

Comment

Working...
                                X