No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss obsessing over a fictional guy you see on a regular base.
    I'm jealous of this love you have, Jumble.
    Not ashamed to admit it.

*grabs old pictures and holds them to her bosom*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Aw *hugs*

It's actually quite unusual for me to obsess over a fictional character - Martin is real, Aidan Turner is real, Kevin Costner (yes, I admit it ) is real. With Athos, it's the character and not the actor behind him that has grabbed my heart. Quite odd really

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Aw *hugs*

It's actually quite unusual for me to obsess over a fictional character - Martin is real, Aidan Turner is real, Kevin Costner (yes, I admit it ) is real. With Athos, it's the character and not the actor behind him that has grabbed my heart. Quite odd really
        Variety of spice and all. It's not healthy to only like real men...

I find it difficult to seperate character and actor when it comes to liking. Often, when I dislike an actor, it's really hard to like their movies (looking at you, Tom Cruise). When I hate a character, but love the actor, all is good.
        I think that a lot of my favorite fictional characters are my favorite because of the way they're portrayed. Pretty faces don't impress me much and let's be honest, there are a lot of stars who pretty much build their carreers on that alone.

And then when I'm hooked I'm completely shallow about it.
        Winning my heart is difficult, having me obsess is quite easy.
        I'm not ashamed.
        I'd watch everything with them in it.
        I will search the interwebs.
        Because they're mine.

EDIT: Did that sound too creepy stalker?
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Variety of spice and all. It's not healthy to only like real men...

I find it difficult to seperate character and actor when it comes to liking. Often, when I dislike an actor, it's really hard to like their movies (looking at you, Tom Cruise). When I hate a character, but love the actor, all is good.
          I think that a lot of my favorite fictional characters are my favorite because of the way they're portrayed. Pretty faces don't impress me much and let's be honest, there are a lot of stars who pretty much build their carreers on that alone.
          I'm with you on the Tom Cruise thing - how the heck they cast him as Jack Reacher is a mystery to me They must not have read the books

Also with you on the pretty face thing

In fact I'm pretty much with you on all of the above

And then when I'm hooked I'm completely shallow about it.
          Winning my heart is difficult, having me obsess is quite easy.
          I'm not ashamed.
          I'd watch everything with them in it.
          I will search the interwebs.
          Because they're mine.

EDIT: Did that sound too creepy stalker?

With you there too

Comment

Count me with you there too, Nad It's usually fictional characters for me as well (and then I like the actors playing them because they played them ). I rarely get obsessed with real people though it has been known to happen I have to confess, I'm in the middle of a doozy at the moment with Jay who won Strictly this year

And there's nowt wrong with it. I learnt years ago that I just have to go with the flow with these obsessions and enjoy the 'intense' phase before they fade into a constant warm fuzzy affection that gets added to the collector's cabinet of loves in my heart with all the previous ones If *that's* not too weird a thing to say

And let's face it, we'd none of us have met if we didn't have these tendencies It's what brought us all to GW and then to each other So obsessing's gotta be an awesome thing because it's brought such awesome friends into our lives! *hugs you all tight*
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

And let's face it, we'd none of us have met if we didn't have these tendencies It's what brought us all to GW and then to each other So obsessing's gotta be an awesome thing because it's brought such awesome friends into our lives! *hugs you all tight*
              Absolutely right! And for that I will be eternally grateful

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs obsessions*

Comment

Here's a conundrum - I keep a 'post-it' block on the kitchen table so that I can jot things down as I think of them otherwise I forget everything So yesterday morning I looked to see if I needed to remember anything and on the pad I had written 'Fix light'. I have no idea which light I was referring to or indeed which light might need fixing Still puzzling over it!

Comment

Hello! Just dropped in to see what's happening. My life has been standing still recently. Nothing seems to be changing. Did get my ticket for AT9 and made my hotel reservations, but not sure I can even go yet. Never know these days if I'll be healthy enough to travel that far. Plus riding coach is very very hard on my knees and legs. However, always hopeful! Anything exciting happening over in the UK these days. Only election crap going on here. And it is beginning to all sound alike - boring! Wish the election was next week so we can get it over with! Anyhow - need to make it to the store today so I'm off. Bye for now!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm with Laurie on the election crap - and we have to put up with it for almost 9 more months.

As for actors/roles - there are some actors that I'll watch even if I hate the character he or she is playing, but there are others that are usually pretty MEH for me - if I really like the character I'll give 'em a chance.
                    sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE

This will make you laugh.......... after it makes you go Eeeeeeew!

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday, Laurie!

*hugs WooHoos*

Everyone around me is having these huge problems and I seem to be the go-to person to help them out. Uh... Don't look at me. I'm not OK myself!
                        I'll take election crap any time.

*off to stare at pretty faces*

Edit: 'everyone' is not literal here. That wood be bad.

sigpic

Comment

*huggles Nad*

I know exactly what you mean - you need to grow a tougher skin and put your own needs before those of others. Selfish? Probably, but sometimes it's the only way to survive.

Comment

Hello WooHoos! *big hugs* to all!

And for Laurie...sorry to have missed it, but...

sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

*hugs Scully*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              *huggles Nad*

I know exactly what you mean - you need to grow a tougher skin and put your own needs before those of others. Selfish? Probably, but sometimes it's the only way to survive.
                              I wish I knew how

sigpic

Comment

Instructions sent by pm

Comment

Working...
                                X