No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm! It seems the more modern the invention the more useful the older things seem to be, especially in an emergency. I don't think they consider emergencies when they develope new technology - or maybe they consider it unimportant.
    Anyhow - I guess I will be keeping my landline for now!
    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Prince George - Beautiful family pics

Comment

He is a beautiful child
        sigpic

Comment

This had me in giggles
          from twitter:
          Elizabeth Windsor ?@Queen_UK 9h
          It's Prince George's 1st Birthday today. William said not to get him anything expensive, so we've bought him Italy.
          He really is beautiful.
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Punting. Basically drunk people standing up on very small boats and trying to navigate them along a crowded river. It's impressive that more people don't fall in.

Yeah, that's the vision we had too An indoor tea party was much safer

But of course
            I mean, who better, right?

I've helped so many people already when I work the reference desk, and it's only been two months! When that first little girl looked up at me with a big smile and said thank you for helping her find the book she wanted, it made it all worth it.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow I have to go to London (on my own, which is scary ) to find out about something that, if I decide to go ahead with it, will change my life completely..... wish me luck

Comment

Great good luck wishes extended! I love London. What part are you going to? When I did my semester at the University of London, I lived up past Camden on the Northern line.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks

I'm going to somewhere near Oxford Circus, Bakerloo Line.

Comment

May the Force be with you!
                    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Good luck, Jumble. I'd cross my fingers for you if I could.

Congratulations, Oma

Just dropping in to randomly send out hugs before I dash back to work.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                          I mean, who better, right?

I've helped so many people already when I work the reference desk, and it's only been two months! When that first little girl looked up at me with a big smile and said thank you for helping her find the book she wanted, it made it all worth it.
                          I want to be a librarian when I grow up I'm half-way there...I have the degree. In fact I'm applying for several positions this week in our local library system...crosses fingers!
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                            I want to be a librarian when I grow up I'm half-way there...I have the degree. In fact I'm applying for several positions this week in our local library system...crosses fingers!
                            That is so cool! I hope you make it.

I think librarians are awesome...I'm weird that way
                            sigpic
                            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Thanks Wendy

Of course Librarians are awesome - but the most awesomest of all is the one on Terry Pratchett's Discworld

I'm utterley exhausted, but feeling pretty good - the day went well I even managed to get on the right train, the right underground train AND follow the map to right building

On the way back I stopped by Sainsbugs and managed to get two tubs of ice-cream before they run out again

Comment

Bravo! I find myself somewhat directionally challenged at times.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X