The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    At least you still have family. My immediate family have all died....my brother was only 67. I have one aunt who is 90, some cousins, a sister-in-law and my nephew and his wife and 2 kids. I rarely see any of them because I now live in Washington. Only time is at Xmas when I go stay with my sister-in-law. It's kind of like not having any family any more. The older I get the more I miss not having anyone around - I miss the family dinners and gatherings at my grandparents house. I miss us kids running all over the place. I miss my family - so be careful what you ask for - sometimes it just isn't that great!
    Aw, *hugs* but look on the positive side. At least you have all those lovely memories to look back on - some of us don't and never will. I have never regretted cutting ties with my family. I have my children and my grandchildren and a whole heap of great friends - that's all I need

Comment

Hello Woohoos!

I barely slept last night. Way too excited, and I kept thinking about new things to add to my luggage (which is really big ). But, now it's 9:30 AM, and everything is packed. All that's left to do is to print out the 'in case of emergency' papers that I'll leave my parents, and to check a few things for school. I'm leaving the house around 3:30 PM! This is really soon! I'm so excited to meet all of you!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      *bounces in*

Finally watched the first ep of PNW I'll admit it, I was putting it off because I was just a tad worried that it might not be as awesome as I was expecting I mean, just because Martin directed it doesn't actually guarantee it being good, does it?

Well, I'm happy to say that not only was it as good as Primeval UK, it's better

Took me a while to figure out what Connor was up to - nice bit of intrigue And I really wasn't prepared for the reveal at the end - nice bit of character back story

So, all in all, I LOVED it!!! Can't wait for the next ep - so glad I don't have to wait until next year to see it

*bounces out*
      Will we have a Woohoo watch-along? I haven't had time to watch it! (And I don't think I will before leaving the house today!)
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Hello Woohoos!

I barely slept last night. Way too excited, and I kept thinking about new things to add to my luggage (which is really big ). But, now it's 9:30 AM, and everything is packed. All that's left to do is to print out the 'in case of emergency' papers that I'll leave my parents, and to check a few things for school. I'm leaving the house around 3:30 PM! This is really soon! I'm so excited to meet all of you!
        WooHooooood!!! So exciting to see so many people on their way or already here

Will we have a Woohoo watch-along? I haven't had time to watch it! (And I don't think I will before leaving the house today!)
        Can do

Comment

Raise a glass in memory to all of us who *can't* be there - we are in spirit!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, don't worry Nola, I suspect we'll all be in spirit and raising many many glasses

Comment

That sounds like a challenge for the week-end

It does - shame it's in Birmingham
              Yes. Although it's doable. Lots of cheaper hotels in the Brum area and not so far up the motorway these days with the road links. I've done Birmingham and back in a day a fair few times. Actually giving it serious consideration... after our PM chat the other night about conventions too and how I said I wasn't that bothered by them...
              As I said though, in some ways I prefer the multi person events more than these single person focussed ones. Chevron 7.8 was surprisingly enjoyable and I liked that there was plenty of flexibility (although in the end I think we sat in on all the talks, didn't we?) Oh and Tom Mcbeath gave great hugs. I have to wonder... does Dan Shea too?

Oh, don't worry Nola, I suspect we'll all be in spirit and raising many many glasses
              Well I will even if nobody else does.

*huggles Laurie* Unfortunately, as I have discovered the hard way, losing those we love and value the most, is not mutually exclusive from having idiots, selfish people and drama queens sapping our spirit. I've had to re-evaulate a lot of things the last couple of years, and now realise that just because someone is "family" does not mean they deserve a minute of my time. I've done lots of small random acts of kindness for others only to have it all forgotten and have things thrown back in my face when it suits their personal drama show. I used to be very forgiving and would shrug that kind of thing off/make excuses for the behaviour. But these days, no; people only get one chance to do that to me and then I'm out of there. And I'm better off for it, because I can fill the space they used to have in my heart with people who deserve my love.
              sigpic

Comment

12:30 All the pre-leaving paperwork is done! Reservations, various tickets (including the AT6 one!), and any other relevant information printed out!

Last thing to do is to go get some Great Britain Pounds (I doubt Canadian Dollars are going to work to eat tomorrow), and get myself ready. I should be leaving the house in... omg three hours!

*bounces*
                *runs around*
                *bounces some more*
                *shimmies out*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  As I said though, in some ways I prefer the multi person events more than these single person focussed ones. Chevron 7.8 was surprisingly enjoyable and I liked that there was plenty of flexibility (although in the end I think we sat in on all the talks, didn't we?) Oh and Tom Mcbeath gave great hugs. I have to wonder... does Dan Shea too?
                  AT6 will be my first one person event. All the others conventions I went too (big and small), I was always interested in more than one guest!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes. Although it's doable. Lots of cheaper hotels in the Brum area and not so far up the motorway these days with the road links. I've done Birmingham and back in a day a fair few times. Actually giving it serious consideration... after our PM chat the other night about conventions too and how I said I wasn't that bothered by them...
                    I bet he does And I have just dropped Martin a blatant hint about Ch.8 After all, Maj Wood should be there to make sure Sgt Siler behaves properly and keeps that oversized tool safely out of trouble shouldn't he? I might suddenly find that Birmingham is practically on my doorstep

Yes, we did get to all the talks, and very much enjoyed them too I woodn't be averse to seeing David Hewlett, Paul McGillion and Corin Nemec either - I bet they're great fun

I very much doubt you'll be alone

*huggles Laurie* Unfortunately, as I have discovered the hard way, losing those we love and value the most, is not mutually exclusive from having idiots, selfish people and drama queens sapping our spirit. I've had to re-evaulate a lot of things the last couple of years, and now realise that just because someone is "family" does not mean they deserve a minute of my time. I've done lots of small random acts of kindness for others only to have it all forgotten and have things thrown back in my face when it suits their personal drama show. I used to be very forgiving and would shrug that kind of thing off/make excuses for the behaviour. But these days, no; people only get one chance to do that to me and then I'm out of there. And I'm better off for it, because I can fill the space they used to have in my heart with people who deserve my love.
                    Absolutely, on both counts!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    12:30 All the pre-leaving paperwork is done! Reservations, various tickets (including the AT6 one!), and any other relevant information printed out!

Last thing to do is to go get some Great Britain Pounds (I doubt Canadian Dollars are going to work to eat tomorrow), and get myself ready. I should be leaving the house in... omg three hours!

*bounces*
                    *runs around*
                    *bounces some more*
                    *shimmies out*
                    Do we take it that you're somewhat excited about your trip

Comment

Considering the drama you had to go through (both of you) - I do understand your point of view. But my family that lived in California were really sweet and lovely people! I loved and love them all. (The ones from Texas and backeast were rather strange but I rarely = RARELY - ever dealt with them). I use to love the Sunday dinners at my Grandparents and the holiday dinners were a blast! I had fantastic Grandparents and got along with my cousins. My Dad was a little strange to deal with and as we both got older - he did get stranger - but I loved my Mom and miss her all the time. I was lucky because I had a "Norman Rockwell" type of growing up but in the city. Our family wasn't large but they were loving and giving. I really miss that at this time of year which is why I don't celebrate Thanksgiving anymore and do a minimum at Xmas. Getting older has some real advantages - but it would be really nice to have my family around to share it with!

NOW - lets get off this subject - it makes me want to cry!

I have clothes to wash and then pack - and I can't forget those HOOKER shoes for EH-T! Tomorrow is my last full day here and I need to get some organization going before I forget to bring anything! Anyone have any requests for something (not too big) before I start packing? Last chance!
                      sigpic

Comment

Laurie, I'd love if you could bring me some of those liquorice things that I liked - called Twizzlers or something like that Black ones and red ones if you can - ta!

Edit: Yes, they're Twizzlers - like here

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Anyone have any requests for something (not too big) before I start packing? Last chance!

I would ask for some Reece's peanut butter cups but you can get them over here now... much to my waistline's despair!
                          sigpic

Comment

I would ask for some Reece's peanut butter cups but you can get them over here now... much to my waistline's despair!
                            Arrrrgh!! *holds up crossed fingers to ward off the evil temptation*

I LOVE those!

Comment

Jumble - I downloaded a trial version of DVD Shrink and it works fantastic! I tried several different rippers, and either I'm an idiot or they're a lot more trouble than they say they're going to be, but I had distinct troubles. I pulled up some of the videos into Movie Maker to clip them, and so far, not bad! Now, after I copy over several more, I should be able to start on my project. Thank you again!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                Sarai go check the guests for Chevron 8.0!!!

Don't tell me, it's Dan isn't it?

Have you got a link please? I can never remember what it comes under

Edit: Never mind, I found it here.

"31st May to 2nd June, Hilton Metropole, Birmingham - David Hewlett, Paul McGillion, Corin Nemec, David Nykl and Dan Shea so far."

*faints*

Comment

Working...
                                X