No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Jumble - won't text anymore. Just turned it back on for outside US and was testing it out! I only get charged 25 cents per message (in or out) no matter where it comes from! Very unfair they charge you more!

Today I had a nice back massage...done with the accupuncture. Pain almost gone and no meds! Walking slowly but I'm walking! Not much time (or dry weather) to get in much walking before Tuesday - oh and I still need to pack that is after I wash and dry the clothes!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      It was
      It's difficult though isn't it? See it from the writer's point of view - can you really see it being believable if you've got all those dinos running around and none of the regular characters get killed? It must be quite a balancing act to keep it real but not kill off the popular characters

I must admit
      Spoiler:
      I found it a lot more gory than the UK version, but I was half expecting it from what I'd read and heard about it. And I was surprised that they killed off Evan's friend in the first ep
      New word!!! Had to look up gory, lol, but love it!

I get the perspective and it does keep you on the edge of your seat but I usually watch a show because of one or two characters and when they leave (or die), the show looses the appeal for me, because I wasn't really watching for the dinosaurs or the crazy stuff that goes on, but for how those specific people reacted to events. So yeah.
      I also like when there's a team of people to see them react to each other, how they develop as a group... stuff like that.

As for the spoiler:

Spoiler:
      Now that's how it's done! You kill the unimportant people that seem important! Gives your character a little background sadness and voila!
      Still, this is Martin... So the killing might continue

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Sorry Jumble - won't text anymore. Just turned it back on for outside US and was testing it out! I only get charged 25 cents per message (in or out) no matter where it comes from! Very unfair they charge you more!
      Sorry but this is just so random... I imagine it's not random for the two of you.

Today I had a nice back massage...done with the accupuncture. Pain almost gone and no meds! Walking slowly but I'm walking! Not much time (or dry weather) to get in much walking before Tuesday - oh and I still need to pack that is after I wash and dry the clothes!
      Wow! Awesome!!!!!! So happy everything is working out!
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I have a very very cheap contract, so I don't think it's that unfair that they claw back a bit of cash when I'm outside the UK - it's not like it happens very often Suz called me whilst I was in Amsterdam (she'd forgotten I was away), and I got charged for receiving the call. Didn't break the bank, but I'd just rather not pay any extra at all.

Good to hear

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        New word!!! Had to look up gory, lol, but love it!

I get the perspective and it does keep you on the edge of your seat but I usually watch a show because of one or two characters and when they leave (or die), the show looses the appeal for me, because I wasn't really watching for the dinosaurs or the crazy stuff that goes on, but for how those specific people reacted to events. So yeah.
        I also like when there's a team of people to see them react to each other, how they develop as a group... stuff like that.

As for the spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Now that's how it's done! You kill the unimportant people that seem important! Gives your character a little background sadness and voila!
        Still, this is Martin... So the killing might continue
        Ah, see, I don't watch just for the characters, although I do like to see the interaction and relationship developments. The main thing for me is that they keep the stories fresh and different, and I like to be intrigued and not see the whole thing right up front. Primeval UK didn't have a dinosaur-of-the-week, which wood have become boring, but interspersed them with different stuff. Not just what comes through the anomalies, but what happens when our heroes themselves go through. Hopefully PNW will manage to do the same

This is why I love Perception - it's always a different scenario and I find it fascinating to see how it all gets worked out, and it's a challenge to try to get a step ahead of Dr Daniel

As for Martin.....
        Spoiler:
        With him involved, you really can't expect anybody to be safe from his murderous ways

Sorry but this is just so random... I imagine it's not random for the two of you.
        Nope - made perfect sense to us

Comment

Evening Woohoos.

Internet at the cottage finally gave up altogether on Wednesday (I think the wind and rain finished it off ) so now I am back home I can catch up...

... and will start by saying belated Happy Birthday Sarai!

Oh, Josi, I have "caught up" with my Castle fix to feel free to squee away.

Umm, when's the meal? Is it this Thursday? Need to organise baby sitter.. that means you're all descending next week... need to clean house... no time...

Thanks for the PM Jumble.

Trust this thread to be very chatty the two days I can't get online. I feel like I've missed loads but so tired I will have to catch up after I've caught up on the washing. We had a pig of a journey home thanks to Friday night + M3 accident hell. Much as I have loved the time away, and particularly spending time with Aaron and Claire (and Cookie the dog - who has totally changed my mind about dogs because she's amazing) I missed my own fir babies. I did get the tail flick and bum presentation from one of the cats... the other was his usual tarty self.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi all. Not at all chipper this afternoon as I have had a student threaten to sue me for assault for tapping him on the shoulder to wake him in class. Gawd I hate the sense of entitlement among students. Whatever happened to a bit of respect for the teacher?

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Hi all. Not at all chipper this afternoon as I have had a student threaten to sue me for assault for tapping him on the shoulder to wake him in class. Gawd I hate the sense of entitlement among students. Whatever happened to a bit of respect for the teacher?
              Wow, they are allowed much...
              *hugs*
              sigpic

Comment

*looks at paint-spattered t-shirt*

I blame MR, totally

Anyone else sick of hearing about Skyfall? Claims to be the best film ever made - haven't seen it, but I'd still dispute that - and I seem to hear the flippin' song everytime I turn on the radio
                Last edited by Jumble; 03 November 2012, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I blame MR, totally
                  sigpic

Comment

Can't believe AT6 is coming up so fast! Next week So looking forward to seeing you all

Welcome home Cags, glad you had a good week, and hugs for Nola - how ridiculous

Anyone else sick of hearing about Skyfall? Claims to be the best film ever made - haven't seen it, but I'd still dispute that - and I seem to hear the flippin' song everytime I turn on the radio
                    I saw it yesterday. Best film ever made? Nah. Immensely silly? Yes. Fun, but completely frivolous and pretty much everything that's wrong with modern cinema - all style over substance.
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Can't believe AT6 is coming up so fast! Next week So looking forward to seeing you all

Welcome home Cags, glad you had a good week, and hugs for Nola - how ridiculous

I saw it yesterday. Best film ever made? Nah. Immensely silly? Yes. Fun, but completely frivolous and pretty much everything that's wrong with modern cinema - all style over substance.
                      That's pretty much the impression I've got from clips and interviews I'm not keen on DC's Bond anyway, so I won't be seeing it.

Bring back Roger Moore I say

Comment

That's pretty much the impression I've got from clips and interviews I'm not keen on DC's Bond anyway, so I won't be seeing it.

Bring back Roger Moore I say
                        What is Skyfall - a new Bond movie - how can that be the best film ever made? Bond films are made for fun but really - who takes them seriously?
                        sigpic

Comment

Ohhh, Roger Moor is my favorite bond as well... *hippi sigh*
                          sigpic

Comment

What is Skyfall - a new Bond movie - how can that be the best film ever made? Bond films are made for fun but really - who takes them seriously?
                            Exactly

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            Ohhh, Roger Moore is my favorite bond as well... *hippi sigh*
                            He's been on the tv a lot recently because it's the 50th anniversary of the first Bond film, and he's still pretty cute for 85

Comment

I blame MR, totally
                              I don't see how that's my fault

Exactly

He's been on the tv a lot recently because it's the 50th anniversary of the first Bond film, and he's still pretty cute for 85
                              NO! Really?

Just got home from my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary..........Lovely meal but there's a reason the family hasn't been all together in the same room since my Sister's Wedding 7 years ago!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                I don't see how that's my fault
                                Definitely your fault! I caught the decorating bug from you, and when I looked around I found a lot that needed doing

NO! Really?
                                Yup, and he still has that gorgeous voice and a twinkle in his eye

Just got home from my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary..........Lovely meal but there's a reason the family hasn't been all together in the same room since my Sister's Wedding 7 years ago!
                                I can beat that - haven't seen any of my family in about 17 years, some for much longer than that. I know when I'm better off

Comment

Working...
                                X