The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon WooHoos!

Another earthquake this morning in northern Italy - hope everyone is okay.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Only one pound? I'd have thought that was worth at least half a stone

Well considering the half a tub of Ben and Jerrys I had in the week I'd say that was a win.
      I saw Steve this morning and then Devon this afternoon. Phew he really worked me! I had to go for a nice swim after.

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon after loads of OMGyou'restartingtogetoldanditstimewecheckedeverythingisstillworking blood tests. I'm normal... apparently *shrugs* and I have a less than 2% chance of having a stroke or heart attack... which, tbh, isn't much comfort all told...
      That's the body MOT done, teeth MOT is tomorrow and in a week or so there'll be a mental one. Get it all over and done with and hope I don't turn out to be a jibbering madwoman.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Good afternoon WooHoos!

Another earthquake this morning in northern Italy - hope everyone is okay.
      Another? Poor Italians getting walloped. *huggles Italians and thinks of Sil*

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/cleaning.jpg[/IMG]

*sigh* This is me.

EDIT; Forgot to add (doh, how could I!) my mum is home from hospital. Again. Hopefully for good this time. Yay!
      Last edited by Cagranosalis; 29 May 2012, 03:52 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Jumble: Here are two pictures (curtesy of Gillian and Peter Holst) from 2012 Leo Awards. Wish he was not using that "picture" face he goes into:

And because they are both just so cute:

Last edited by llp; 30 May 2012, 05:52 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Laurie - love the second one

They're both way over the 100kb limit

Comment

*bounces*

Andrea has sent me more pics that she took of Martin at the Leos!!! *happy dances*

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Jumble: Here are two pictures (curtesy of Gillian and Peter Holst) from 2012 Leo Awards. Wish he was not using that "picture" face he goes into:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...eoAwards-6.jpg

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...eoAwards-5.jpg
              *squeee*

*goofy smile*

Thanks for passing the pictures here Laurie
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Just had a very tearful friend on the phone - her bank account has been hacked, all the money is gone and she's no cash for food shopping for the week-end Took me awhile to get her calmed down and convince her that it'll all be alright - the bank will sort it out, she'll get her money back and in the meantime I'll take her and the girls shopping as soon as I finish work.

Makes me sick to be reminded that there are such horrible people in the world

Comment

Just had a very tearful friend on the phone - her bank account has been hacked, all the money is gone and she's no cash for food shopping for the week-end Took me awhile to get her calmed down and convince her that it'll all be alright - the bank will sort it out, she'll get her money back and in the meantime I'll take her and the girls shopping as soon as I finish work.

Makes me sick to be reminded that there are such horrible people in the world
                  Sadly the criminals also have much more than their creedy souls need...shame on them. Same thing happened to my mom (and I know it was a postal worker because they were the only people to touch the letters). They got hold of one of her checks she sent (inside the p.o.) and duplicated the check, erased the ink (except for her sig) and made several more. Cashed them all at the same bank (different branches) and got away with over $5000. She transferred what was left into my account and closed her account. Then the next day opened a new one and I put her money back into the account. The bank returned all her money. However, even though there was finger print taken with one check (police showed us copies of the check) and pictures of all the transactions on the bank's cameras - they said they were going to do nothing about it because it was too small to deal with. And because it fell under "federal laws" the local police could only stand by and do nothing.... very ridiculous. Hope these jerks choked on their riches. You know they will continue doing it in small enough amounts that they will live that way forever.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks Laurie - love the second one

They're both way over the 100kb limit

Sorry posted them last night before I went to bed.... edited them this am and they are now within the limits! Oh and added two more - one of Ryan and one of Lee!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      *bounces*

andrea has sent me more pics that she took of martin at the leos!!! *happy dances*
                      share!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        share!
                        Yes, share!!!
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Ok ok! I'll put them up later - they need a little work first - when I'm back from helping Becky

Comment

Evening all

Fun in the library this afternoon when a rather violent rainstorm revealed an alarmingly large leak round one of the windows at the top of the building It's not supposed to rain inside Anyway, much running around with buckets and mops later and the rain eased and all ok for now, and thankfully it was well away from the books

Cags, so glad to hear your mum is out of hospital

Jumble, *hugs* for your friend, what an awful thing to happen. I know the bank will sort it out but it must just be a horrific thing to have happen to you

And yay for Leos pictures! Thanks for sharing Laurie, and I'm happy to hear Jumble has some too
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

It's awful to have money robbed right out of your account. Happened to us - a cashier at the grocery store stole my husband's debit card and gave it to her boyfriend. Several hundred dollars later we discovered the whole thing. Yes, the bank got it sorted and we got the money back, but it's the principle of it!

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*flops in exhausted*

Got everything sorted for Becky - fixed everything with the bank, filled up the freezer and cupboards, then shared a Chinese takeaway and left her feeling a lot better. Poor girl was absolutely devastated The money stolen was a very small amount by comparison to some, but it was all she had so no less upsetting

You're right Nola, it is the principle and the awful feeling of vulnerability that being robbed brings

Josi, this is England - it rains everywhere Good to know it didn't damage any books though

Comment

Working...
                                X