The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    I only ever had them in Europe, never here in the States. I thought they were delightful - not too sweet. I'm not a huge fan of overly-sweet things. A couple of bites and I'm done if its too sweet. But rich is good. I love a good creme brulee or cheesecake for example. I'm one of the only people I know who actually loves fruitcake - I look forward to it every year at the holidays.
    I adore fruit cake! Creme brulee is so-so. I like Stuart's cheesecakes because there's always a lovely contrast of sweet and sharp I think my problem with croissants is that they seem too fatty/greasy - I'd rather have a currant bun

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

It just occurred to me - the Amsterdam trip will be the first WooHooMeet sans desserts
      There's nothing stopping you from bringing it with you Though, I think you might have to eat it before you exit the plane. But that could be applied only to meat. I'm not sure... Googled it and:

Yes, you can bring it aboard as long as it meets all the requirements of a piece of carry-on luggage. You'll also have to send it through the security screening process. It will have to be stowed for take-off, landing, and during turbulence so whatever it's packaged in will need to fit under the seat or in the overhead bin. Remember, this will take the place of your one carry-on item so pack accordingly.
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I may live a short drive away from Vancouver, but I wanna go the WooHoo meets too, but live to far away!

However even with that said - have a great time and enjoy the land of the Dutch!
        Oh and don't take any wooden nickels- just shoes!
        sigpic

Comment

I am beginning to realize that my in/out depression may have a lot to do with where I am currently living. Plus it really isn't like me to be so depressed! It may happen once or so during the year and usually only for a very short time until I find something to distract my mind, but.....

It occurs to me that since I've lived here I have felt more depression then I ever have and for long periods of time, especially in my 2nd bedroom where I write. Of all the rooms in the place....this one is the darkest one. Even with the blinds open, I don't get a lot of light in here. Times like now when it is overcast - it really is kind of gloomy in here. And because I live on the bottom floor for the first time ever - I can't leave the windows and blinds wide open because anyone can look in. Either I'm going to have to bite the bullet and leave all the lights on in the place or deal with this until I can move (again)! Plus I live on the top of a small hill so walking around here is not easy and I've ended up spending a lol of time inside this place! So I really don't get out to meet people either.

I think I have really picked the totally wrong place for me to live....which means (heaven help me) I have to move another time....and pack everything again another time. That in itself is depressing. Oh geez I better be really careful the next time I move....I'm getting to old to continue doing this and it will only be after one year this time.....which means right before the con or if I pay extra right after it because I might have problems finding a new cat sitter! Now that isn't cheering me up any!
          sigpic

Comment

*huggles Laurie* It definitely sounds like you're living in the wrong place. Especially if there are certain things you've been doing for your whole life that now you can't.
            You might want to try nice tick curtains, so you have a feeling like your windows are open but still keep the privacy of your home. Idk. *hugs again* Moving sucks, so maybe give it a little more time...
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
              *huggles Laurie* It definitely sounds like you're living in the wrong place. Especially if there are certain things you've been doing for your whole life that now you can't.
              You might want to try nice tick curtains, so you have a feeling like your windows are open but still keep the privacy of your home. Idk. *hugs again* Moving sucks, so maybe give it a little more time...
              Have no choice - have to live here through either Sept or Oct...need to check my lease!
              sigpic

Comment

Aw big hugs Laurie. On the plus side Sept/Oct is only 5 months away so even if you have to stay there that long it'll go by quickly enough. And once you start looking around for somewhere new and doing something about the problem this might lift your mood a bit.

*puts up hand* I have special plans, and I've just spoken to Stuart on the subject of desserts
                Steve will do his nut... heaven knows what Devon will say! I had a cream tea at school jubilee fete today too. Pig Out weekend!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                *polishes cape*

Can you polish a cape?!
                You can now.

Alas not quite for me - yet again our beloved Royal family bless us with a four day weekend in the middle of term and so we can't shut. I'm working Monday, then get Tuesday off (because we're sharing the pain), and planning to go up to London with the family then to see all the excitement and wave flags and be generally patriotic
                Aw that sort of sucks. But good to hear you have great plans for the rest of it.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Posters/clearlymoreroom.jpg

Again, Steve would so disapprove but... yes!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Steve will do his nut... heaven knows what Devon will say! I had a cream tea at school jubilee fete today too. Pig Out weekend!
                  Oh dear! Should I leave them in my fridge then? Nah, the creme brulees have to be eaten on the day so you'll just have to suffer their wrath

Laurie, I think you should bear in mind that since you've been at your new place you've had the whole hand operation thing to deal with, both in the anticipation, event, and recuperation stages (which has been a lot slower than you expected). I'm pretty sure that's responsible for a great deal of your depression and is possibly blowing the little annoyances about the apartment a bit out of proportion. Add to that the frustration of not being able to get as far as you'd have liked with your book rewrite and its really no wonder you're feeling so down Give yourself a bit more time, then if you really think you need to move start looking around *huggles*

Comment

*huggles Laurie*
                    YAY SUZ! for passing your test Congratulate her from me Jumble!

*huggles Becky for house drive-through issues*

Yay for losing a bit of weight with filling your pool Cags! Also good to hear your mom is out of the hospital!

*huggles all other woohoos too*

Sorry for not being here this week. I have to hand in the final version of my thesis monday and had to redo my entire lay-out because the teacher found my thesis too difficult to understand I just have to finish my GAP analysis now and rewrite the advise, check my thesis and print it tomorrow! Then a party on monday!

Also got my grade from the report you girls helped with(the discussion) and I got an 8.5(A)! Really happy with that! THANKIES everyone for your help!

Oh and Tjinta seems to like this laziness right now...
                    Spoiler:
                    Last edited by starlover; 02 June 2012, 04:44 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      *huggles Laurie*
                      YAY SUZ! for passing your test Congratulate her from me Jumble!
                      Thank you, I will

Sorry for not being here this week. I have to hand in the final version of my thesis monday and had to redo my entire lay-out because the teacher found my thesis too difficult to understand I just have to finish my GAP analysis now and rewrite the advise, check my thesis and print it tomorrow! Then a party on monday!

Also got my grade from the report you girls helped with(the discussion) and I got an 8.5(A)! Really happy with that! THANKIES everyone for your help!
                      Yay! Glad we could help

Oh and Tjinta seems to like this laziness right now...
                      Awwww!

Its just a tiny bit over the 100kb

Comment

good morning WooHoos!

Yeah for passing! Yeah for wrapping up thesis! Yeah for Diamond Jubilee Weekends!

Hugs for being down. (Wish we could *all* be at the next WooHoomeet.)
                        sigpic

Comment

Awwww!

Its just a tiny bit over the 100kb
                          You know it just took me 10 min to make it smaller, apparently PB makes it bigger every time I uploaded it. It was 82 KB and PB makes it a lot bigger I had to make it a bit smaller, not adjust the size in PB in order for the size limit to work. Ugh! crazy!
                          not that I blame you! Thanks for pointing it out...I just think it is ridiculous that PB adds KBs to a pic without me noticing it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            You know it just took me 10 min to make it smaller, apparently PB makes it bigger every time I uploaded it. It was 82 KB and PB makes it a lot bigger I had to make it a bit smaller, not adjust the size in PB in order for the size limit to work. Ugh! crazy!
                            not that I blame you! Thanks for pointing it out...I just think it is ridiculous that PB adds KBs to a pic without me noticing it!
                            I've had that happen too - a pic that saves at 98kb is suddenly 101 on here Thanks for editing

Comment

I've had that happen too - a pic that saves at 98kb is suddenly 101 on here Thanks for editing
                              You're welcome! It's stupid though because when you make a picture smaller the size should become smaller too right? Apparently that logic doesn't work for PB!

Aaaannd only two pages left to write for the thesis, then check everything and decide on a few minor things if I want to change them or not!
                              sigpic

Comment

Couldn't resist!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X