No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy chickpeas in a tin? Gah! The hours I used to spend cooking them to make falafel

Hm. I guess if I want gravy I'll just have to eat over a plate......

*wonders if prawns wood work well with fish fingers and tartare sauce.........*

Comment

So what do you use for the wraps? Here I'd use a tortilla (a Mexican flat type of sort of pancake) put in cheese, refried beans, meat, salsa, chopped up lettuce, chopped up tomatoes....wrap it in the tortilla and enjoy! can be messy but so good! (Chicken or hamburger can be substitute for meat! Or even fish.)
      sigpic

Comment

I think wraps and tortillas are the same thing Like this and then you roll them up

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          I think wraps and tortillas are the same thing
          well the tortilla is a Mexican wrap that comes in 6", 9" 12" sort of circles that have "little" lumps in them. They aren't smooth like a crepe or pancake.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            well the tortilla is a Mexican wrap that comes in 6", 9" 12" sort of circles that have "little" lumps in them. They aren't smooth like a crepe or pancake.
            Yep, sounds the same to me ^^^^

Comment

You can buy chickpeas in a tin? Gah! The hours I used to spend cooking them to make falafel

Hm. I guess if I want gravy I'll just have to eat over a plate......

*wonders if prawns wood work well with fish fingers and tartare sauce.........*

Prawns with Marie Rose sauce and a bit of salad does indeed work. Extremely well.

I use these wraps, so yes, basically flour tortillas... and I use the same ones to make fajitas too. I use those ones because the bag them come in is resealable and, if you don't seal them they go dry.

EDIT: Just realised you said prawns and fishfingers. Hey, I say go for it.

EDIT #2: I meant to say earlier, if you nuke your wrap for 16-20 seconds before filling it, it softens it enough to make it more wrappable.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp
                Well the tortilla is a Mexican wrap that comes in 6", 9" 12" sort of circles that have "little" lumps in them. They aren't smooth like a crepe or pancake.
                Yep, sounds the same to me ^^^^
                Okay! I've been eating those for decades. Can buy packages of them at the store and fill them as you like. Sometimes I just melt a few types of cheeses on them, fold in half and eat it that way. Don't remember ever putting gravy in one. Salsa, cheese sauce maybe, but never gravy!

Finger food!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Prawns with Marie Rose sauce and a bit of salad does indeed work. Extremely well.

I use these wraps, so yes, basically flour tortillas... and I use the same ones to make fajitas too. I use those ones because the bag them come in is resealable and, if you don't seal them they go dry.

EDIT #2: I meant to say earlier, if you nuke your wrap for 16-20 seconds before filling it, it softens it enough to make it more wrappable.
                  Mission - even the same brand! Oh you can put all sorts of things in them. Usually flour as well. Don't really like the corn ones.

Love prawns....but I usually get the unbreaded type and put them in my salad...very good! YUM!
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine are from Tesco, and they have resealable bags too

I don't have any lettuce, but I've found that sliced beetroot and celery are a good substitute

..... or roll it up, wrap it in foil and pop it in the oven whilst the goujons are cooking Yummmmm!!

Comment

You guys are making me hungry! Haven't eaten breakfast yet.....Now I want a breakfast tortilla - with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, beans, maybe some salsa. Only thing I have is the eggs! Now I'm going to have to get dressed and go out in search of a Tortilla scramble!
                      sigpic

Comment

Three weeks? That seems a long time My eyedrops started working within three days, and the course only lasts for five........ but we have different problems so I guess that's really irrelevant But if your eyes start swelling, or you get a swelling underneath one or both, I reckon you should go back anyway.
                        Sounds awesome. I second Jumble, don't leave it too long to go back. Your eyes are important... reminds me I must book my eye test... expensive new glasses here I come...
                        Hmmm. I think I'll give it a few more days then and see what happens. I certainly don't want problems with my eyes, like you say, eyes are important! Unless there is a swelling and then I would just call the doctor straight away.

Good luck with your eye test!

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                        This was sure a chatty thread while i was away. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did a lil short no back to work on monday
                        *waves*

Strips of chicken covered in breadcrumbs

I like LOTS of gravy

Aaaaaand I now have fish fingers! My neighbour just brought me a pack, together with more wraps, some chocolate muffins, a box of Quality Street and three packs of Haribo

*waves to Max* Glad you had a good week-end
                        What a lovely neighbour.

Cool. Yep, wraps are so so versatile. If you perfect the folding you can fold the end in which will keep in most liquid things for most the time. But you do have to accept a bit of muckyness will ensue if you have sauces and stuff in a wrap.

My favourite, by far, is a salad and humous wrap, which is just chopped up salad, a bit of red pepper and any other veg you like eating with your salad, loads of humous, some lemon juice and a drop of hot pepper sauce. Absolutely scrummy. You can add cheese or goujons or ham if you like too. Whatever you feel like. Almost anything goes.

Speaking of...

Recipe for Caggy's Brother's Home Made Humous

1 400g(ish) tin of chick peas
                        2 tablespoons of tahini (be sure to stir it first as the oil separates out).
                        2 tablespoons olive oil
                        5 tablespoons of lemon juice (you may use more or less to taste)
                        1 large clove (or 2 small) of garlic
                        1/2 teaspoon of salt

Method
                        Strain the chick peas but keep the water to one side.
                        Add all ingredients on a bowl (preferably a tall one or you might get splattered). You might want to keep back the lemon juice if you want to add it gradually to taste.
                        Blend with a hand blender (see what I mean about splattering ).
                        If the mix is too dry, add some of the water you saved earlier until you have the right consistency.
                        Chill until required - you and the humous!

You can add/reduce the garlic, lemon and salt to taste, and you can blend it for longer/shorter time to get a chunkier or smoother mix.

This will make about 2 to 3 times as much as you would get in a standard tub of humous in the supermarket. Obviously you can half the ingredients if you like, but it keeps quite well in the fridge for a while if you don't want to eat it all at once.

*waves to Max Hi there.
                        *excited!*

Thank you so much. I'm gonna try that in a wrap, too, because this whole discussion has made me hungry!
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Mine are from Tesco, and they have resealable bags too
                          Oh Dahling, one doesn't do Tesco you know. Far far too common. Sainsbury's own brand ones are frustratingly not resealable.
                          Bearing in mind I get the chick peas from Asda becuase it's only 25p a can, and the tahini from Aldi's becuase it's cheapest there too.

I don't have any lettuce, but I've found that sliced beetroot and celery are a good substitute
                          I love celery but beetroot... urgh. It's just a food thug IMO. Stains everything lurid pink and tastes of vinegar. Smells rank when cooking too. I think I have form bad associations with it from childhood.

You guys are making me hungry! Haven't eaten breakfast yet.....Now I want a breakfast tortilla - with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, beans, maybe some salsa. Only thing I have is the eggs! Now I'm going to have to get dressed and go out in search of a Tortilla scramble!
                          Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and philly on a bagel... yum!

Oh Blue Peter are doing an article on hearing dogs right now.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was wondering who wood be the first to say that

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Hmmm. I think I'll give it a few more days then and see what happens. I certainly don't want problems with my eyes, like you say, eyes are important! Unless there is a swelling and then I would just call the doctor straight away.

What a lovely neighbour.
                            She is

*excited!*

Thank you so much. I'm gonna try that in a wrap, too, because this whole discussion has made me hungry!
                            Aaaand strike number two!

Oh Dahling, one doesn't do Tesco you know. Far far too common. Sainsbury's own brand ones are frustratingly not resealable.
                            Bearing in mind I get the chick peas from Asda becuase it's only 25p a can, and the tahini from Aldi's becuase it's cheapest there too.
                            Tesco just happens to be the one that's nearest Snobbery doesn't enter into it when it comes to price and convenience

I love celery but beetroot... urgh. It's just a food thug IMO. Stains everything lurid pink and tastes of vinegar. Smells rank when cooking too. I think I have form bad associations with it from childhood.
                            Beetroot only tastes of vinegar if it's been pickled in it - something I didn't learn until I was in my twenties and had escaped from home Fresh beetroot is one of my favourite things to eat - I used to grow them myself, but these days I buy them ready cooked

Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and philly on a bagel... yum!

Oh Blue Peter are doing an article on hearing dogs right now.
                            I have a really hard time getting my head around the idea of eggs with fish - never tried it and never want to, it just sounds eeeeeew! And as for bagels - yuk!

Comment

You guys don't play fair! Now I really am going out for breakfast. All I have here is cereal or eggs and Canadian bacon.....neither of them sound as good as bagels and Philly or a tortilla scramble....Going to get dressed and wonder out in all this rain and just for breakfast! See ya later!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I love fresh beetroot, but I hate the jar stuff that's kept in vinegar. Yuck!

I don't shop at Tesco unless I'm with my dad (he prefers it), and then we do for the simple fact it's easier just to pick up food whilst we're there. But since I work in a supermarket, I shop there for the convenience factor. And, I prefer their food, too, but that may be because I'm used to it! But I may get the chick peas from Asda since they sound cheap...

And yeah, Laurie, I'm off to get something to eat, too! Thankfully, just into the next room...
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X