The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
    Okay, how do I send a pm - is that what 'visitor messages' are?

- I don't know how to post a photo here...
    To send a pm, either click on my name and then click 'private message', or go to 'my controls' and then click 'send a new message' You have to upload the picture to a hosting site like Photobucket or ImageShack and then use the img link. Alternatively, you can just email the picture to me by adding it as an attachment Check your private messages for my email addy

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      I am having quite a lot of fun, but I miss the daily interaction with all kinds of new people and the challenge that work is often for my brain and heart. I think it actually makes me a better person.

OTOH, I do recognize and appreciate just how lucky I am that I can take a few months off of working while getting ready to go to my new job. That I have a good, solid place to live, and people who want to take me places. (I could never afford this ski trip if I had to pay for it )

Happy Monday everyone!
      Just enjoy the time off while you can When do you start your new job?

Comment

Morning all.....Not use to waking up so early, but spent half of yesterday napping. Can only stay in bed just so long.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pic Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Mine are a lot better today thanks, and my temperature is down to normal, so I'm feeling a lot better all round Hm. Don't leave it too long to go back to your doctor - if the drops aren't helping at all it's best to get yourself checked sooner than later
            True, but she did say give it three weeks...

Mmmm... homemade pie sounds awesome! I seem to have got hooked on goujon wraps.... thanks Cags
            YUMMY. Those goujon wraps were delicious. That reminds me that I was gonna ask for the recipe for making my own humous. D'oh!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Hmmm! It does look like she's giving you a pat down search!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                True, but she did say give it three weeks...
                Three weeks? That seems a long time My eyedrops started working within three days, and the course only lasts for five........ but we have different problems so I guess that's really irrelevant But if your eyes start swelling, or you get a swelling underneath one or both, I reckon you should go back anyway.

YUMMY. Those goujon wraps were delicious. That reminds me that I was gonna ask for the recipe for making my own humous. D'oh!
                They were...... I'd really love to try the fish-finger ones, but I don't have any and I shouldn't really go out while I'm still infectious

I'm sure Cags wood pm you the recipe if you ask her

*waves to Laurie* I know what you mean, I napped a lot the last few days and found myself wide awake at 4 this morning

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Hmmm! It does look like she's giving you a pat down search!
                  Can't think what she was searching for, I wasn't carrying any broccoli - honest!

Comment

Hey *huggles* MOB You're sounding chipper.

*huggles Jumble* Hope your eyes are better soon. I'm not apologising for getting you into gujon wraps. I love wraps - wraps with anything. And put a paste or something in, wrap them up really tight and slice them into little rolls and they make fab finger food for littlies too.

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                    I'm playing catch up - but I umm, can barely manage the quote thing when it's only one post so...

I *completely* agree with what antoa said about that attention seeking donation thing. And on that subject, if you felt badgered - did you put it on your feedback form? - You should do that/ tell someone - because people wouldn't want you to feel like that.

Personally, I have the most respect for people who do things privately. Because then in my mind I'm 100% sure they aren't just seeking praise. Don't like glory hunters.

Ah thank you. Honestly I didn't remember if I did a feedback or not (probably yes if it was given to me) but, TBH, I can't remember if I mentioned it in the feedback; I might not have considering it wasn't something that was done or officially sanctioned by GABIT, rather just fans who... well what you said there ^^^ It just wasn't nice to be made to feel like a meanie when I'd already dug deep and spent more than I should have.

But thank you for bringing it up. It is definitely something I would say - if you are up for feedback at this late stage - to remind attendees not to pressure sell. Face it, the charities supported more than speak for themselves.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    Welcome, MayoGate
                    And, I have the best Grandma, because yesterday was the second time she's bought me fruit pie on her way home after dropping my uncle off. Since he had a stroke, she feeds him on a Sunday and they always have pudding - like gooseberry pie, or apple pie. And because he lives near where I work, she brings me a slice of pie after she takes him home. Yum! Homemade yummy.
                    Sounds awesome. I second Jumble, don't leave it too long to go back. Your eyes are important... reminds me I must book my eye test... expensive new glasses here I come...
                    sigpic

Comment

Can't think what she was searching for, I wasn't carrying any broccoli - honest!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Hey *huggles* MOB You're sounding chipper.

*huggles Jumble* Hope your eyes are better soon. I'm not apologising for getting you into gujon wraps. I love wraps - wraps with anything. And put a paste or something in, wrap them up really tight and slice them into little rolls and they make fab finger food for littlies too.
                        I've been plonking all sorts of things in them - goujons with mayo, beetroot, celery slices, sweetcorn..... and yesterday I put a whole chunk of chicken breast in with some sage and onion stuffing, mushrooms and onions.... dinner in a wrap! Just need to figure out how to keep the gravy in..........

Comment

I've been plonking all sorts of things in them - goujons with mayo, beetroot, celery slices, sweetcorn..... and yesterday I put a whole chunk of chicken breast in with some sage and onion stuffing, mushrooms and onions.... dinner in a wrap! Just need to figure out how to keep the gravy in..........
                          Okay....I give....what the hell is a goujon???

Oh and how about dipping the chicken in the gravy before you stuff it!
                          sigpic

Comment

This was sure a chatty thread while i was away. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did a lil short no back to work on monday
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              Okay....I give....what the hell is a goujon???

Oh and how about dipping the chicken in the gravy before you stuff it!
                              Strips of chicken covered in breadcrumbs

I like LOTS of gravy

Aaaaaand I now have fish fingers! My neighbour just brought me a pack, together with more wraps, some chocolate muffins, a box of Quality Street and three packs of Haribo

*waves to Max* Glad you had a good week-end

Comment

Cool. Yep, wraps are so so versatile. If you perfect the folding you can fold the end in which will keep in most liquid things for most the time. But you do have to accept a bit of muckyness will ensue if you have sauces and stuff in a wrap.

My favourite, by far, is a salad and humous wrap, which is just chopped up salad, a bit of red pepper and any other veg you like eating with your salad, loads of humous, some lemon juice and a drop of hot pepper sauce. Absolutely scrummy. You can add cheese or goujons or ham if you like too. Whatever you feel like. Almost anything goes.

Speaking of...

Recipe for Caggy's Brother's Home Made Humous

1 400g(ish) tin of chick peas
                                2 tablespoons of tahini (be sure to stir it first as the oil separates out).
                                2 tablespoons olive oil
                                5 tablespoons of lemon juice (you may use more or less to taste)
                                1 large clove (or 2 small) of garlic
                                1/2 teaspoon of salt

Method
                                Strain the chick peas but keep the water to one side.
                                Add all ingredients on a bowl (preferably a tall one or you might get splattered). You might want to keep back the lemon juice if you want to add it gradually to taste.
                                Blend with a hand blender (see what I mean about splattering ).
                                If the mix is too dry, add some of the water you saved earlier until you have the right consistency.
                                Chill until required - you and the humous!

You can add/reduce the garlic, lemon and salt to taste, and you can blend it for longer/shorter time to get a chunkier or smoother mix.

This will make about 2 to 3 times as much as you would get in a standard tub of humous in the supermarket. Obviously you can half the ingredients if you like, but it keeps quite well in the fridge for a while if you don't want to eat it all at once.

*waves to Max Hi there.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X