The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*staggers in*

I spent night hanging out with my 'sort of' fella and about 6 of our old undergrad friends. Made salmon, and pasta, and brocoli, and ended up talking for about 7 HOURS! Which is fine, but by the time I had to leave I was exhausted, so the drive home. And slept in this morning...a lot. Still, twas good times. Nice to see how some of them are doing, (especially the ones not in grad programs) and to get a feel for who is in the area now.

Oooh! You guys are a talkative bunch. Yay! I must get caught up on the thread. And thanks to all for the welcome!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    So, Andi and I discovered an awesome geek bar in BK. Its bathroom is a TARDIS! We are going to head over there for some noms & drinks and Dr Who tonight. (Yeah, I'm hooked. )
    This sounds awesome! A TARDIS bathroom?!? Clever!

*settles down to read*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      That's got to be some kind of a record - over 4 months for a text message to arrive And no, I'm not at carousel 9 so don't try to pick me up

Cags and Ben left about half an hour ago, having had a really lovely week-end Spent last night catching Cags up with Sanctuary by watching Awakening, Normandy, Carentan and most of the Special Features

Just had a really lovely lunch at Anderson's - Sea Food Knickerbocker Glory, Stuffed Mushrooms, Roast Chicken with the works for Ben and I and Duck with Star Anise Sauce for Cags, all with Yorkshire Puddings (supposed only to be with the Roast Beef, but Stuart knows us well enough now to add them to any Sunday meal ). As usual, couldn't decide on a dessert, so we shared Apple and Berry Crumble with custard and Chocolate and Cointreau Cheescake with cream (new one - AWESOME!!!! ) whilst Ben had a (free) bowl of ice-cream with strawberries

Cags has been having a rough time of it, but she's pulling herself out of the mire and has been luking here lately - hopefully she'll decide to come and say Hi some day soon I gave her all the hugs everbody sent and she said to say "Thanks!" for those and send you all one back, so *huggles everybody*
      Okay, if you're sure I won't swing over to pick you up....darn To bad, I would love for you to come by and see my new apartment. I am actually heading over there in a few minutes to pick up my keys and take some measurements. Plus I have some wine bottles to empty or take over full....whichever works.

Yes, today is my official first day of possession of my new place. Going over with a few "delicate" boxes - boxes with breakables, etc. and going to see exactly where I will have the furniture moved to. Wednesday is the big moving day. And Thursday I come back here to get whatever I left behind and turn over the keys. I am actually getting a little excited now.....or I'm just exhausted and can't tell the different....no probably a combination of the two!

Food at Anderson's never ceases to amaze me. He is one of the best chefs I have ever had the privilege of eating...no wait, that doesn't sound right! Well you know the food he makes

I'm glad Cags is at least lurking around....hope she knows how much we miss her around here.....I wonder was she one of the what 70 lurkers you guys had a few days ago.......still seems like a lot of people (and all of them keeping their collective mouths shut! Impossible!

Well see ya all later.....going to put some shoes on and head over to my new place!
      sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Oh, I do hope to see Cags on the thread again soon

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Food at Anderson's never ceases to amaze me. He is one of the best chefs I have ever had the privilege of eating...no wait, that doesn't sound right! Well you know the food he makes

And there I was thinking that him undressing for my picture was impressive...

WooHood on the first day!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Glad to hear you're finally getting excited about the move Laurie - it's been a very stressful few weeks for you and I'm happy for you that it's about to come to an end and you can start to enjoy your new home

I'd love to come and see your new place - next year maybe

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *hugs WooHoos*

Oh, I do hope to see Cags on the thread again soon
            Me too *crosses fingers*

And there I was thinking that him undressing for my picture was impressive...

WooHood on the first day!
            Undressing? I must have missed that

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos!

*waves to Conn8d* Seems like I missed you introduction! Welcome!

The kids at dance school were starting this weekend. I just came back from there after having spent all day yesterday and this morning dancing. All my groups are lovely! For now, it doesn't seem like I have any problematic kid either, so that's a big plus!

As far as my dancing goes, I already have 5 new bruises. Getting back in the groove.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              That's really, really amazing. It does seem that there are so few who haven't been intimately effected by cancer, it's so frustrating. Also a good reason to remember to live every day to the fullest and try not to let petty things get the better of us. *hugs*
              Re-bolded: That's so sad and true.
              But you're right, we do need to live every day to the fullest.

Laurie, have a great day at your new place. It certainly is a day to be excited!
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Undressing? I must have missed that

Nah, you were the one pointing it out.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                The kids at dance school were starting this weekend. I just came back from there after having spent all day yesterday and this morning dancing. All my groups are lovely! For now, it doesn't seem like I have any problematic kid either, so that's a big plus!

As far as my dancing goes, I already have 5 new bruises. Getting back in the groove.
                Awesome Bruises included. They go t show that you're ...alive. *nods*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*waves to all Woohoos*

*looks around*

*huggles them too*

I was "distracted" tonight and felt the need to brush up on some basic video editing skills. So..I made a short video of a few vids my dad made during the training today!
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome Bruises included. They go t show that you're ...alive. *nods*
                    Oh, really? o.o
                    *pokes self*
                    Ouch.

Yeah, alive. Definitely.

EDIT: Jann, cool vid! I loved the to excited dog when you were practicing the 'Here' command. Cute!
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice vid, Jann!

Oh, really? o.o
                      *pokes self*
                      Ouch.

Yeah, alive. Definitely.

EDIT: Jann, cool vid! I loved the to excited dog when you were practicing the 'Here' command. Cute! ^^
                      Don't poke yourself!
                      ...Unless that's your thing. In that case, go right ahead.

sigpic

Comment

<snip>

EDIT: Jann, cool vid! I loved the to excited dog when you were practicing the 'Here' command. Cute!
                        Yeah that was the fun part Still it seems really easy what I do, but it's harder than it seems! Certainly since my dog is as stubborn as dogs can be!
                        sigpic

Comment

Jann: want to teach my dog? he will come to me, but not to my husband (very stubborn) Of course, he's about 1/10th the size of your dog...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Jann: want to teach my dog? he will come to me, but not to my husband (very stubborn) Of course, he's about 1/10th the size of your dog...
                            What they teach my brother with his dog is, even for him, to talk a tone higher(sounds ridiculous), but it seems to work! Being cheerful attracts a dog LOL!
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice vid, Jann!

Don't poke yourself!
                              ...Unless that's your thing. In that case, go right ahead.

sigpic

Comment

*giggles at LGJ and Nad*

*grabs some popcorn*

*sits and watches*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X