X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
    Was Amanda lovely?

*jealous much*

I have had the pleasure of meeting her several times and she is totally genuine, kind, funny and caring.

I remember at my first event, AT3, sitting in a line waiting for an autograph just watching AT interact with those in front of me in line. What impressed me the most was how well she dealt with fans who were totally overwhelmed at meeting her. So patient and caring.

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Well the apartment was a flop. Turns out the one I want isn't available and the other one (smaller) has stairs up to it. That just won't work. Taking the shopping cart up and down those stairs... a disaster waiting to happen.

However, afterwards I met up with my cousins and we had a "Mediterranean" lunch and it was great. Last night we went to the Thai place across the street from me and really enjoyed that. Boy living it up, 2 places in two nights and we had a lot fun. Really nice places.

And tomorrow - got another appointment to see another place. This is in Renton, on a hillside overlooking Lake Washington (the lake the Mercer Island is on or in or whatever). It is a top floor unit, has an elevator with underground parking. Grounds look real nice and the view is spectacular....you know I love my views. It's also a corner unit which is really nice - no neighbors on two sides! Oh and it is 1305 sq ft - current place around 1085 - so it is larger! And it has a dining room area - a place to put my table! YEAH! The rent is reasonable and less then what I pay right now (which always makes me nervous), the reviews are pretty good - always someone who complains, and hopefully I will like it (PLEASE!) Oh - an they like kitties!

I'll let you know more after I see it tomorrow. I have an 11:00 appointment to see it. This looking is beginning to wear me down! So here's hoping!
    Sounds great! Hope you get it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      Hi WooHoo's

Long time no peek in. RL is not treating me very well these days and I have very little time for anything but work, household duties and family. I also have a friend in crisis at the moment so she needs a lot of TLC.

Char is still looking for a job.
      My dad is finally on the proper road to recovery now that he has a new doctor. The new doctor actually called the previous doctor a barbarian after we told him what went on with my dad post surgery. Long story short he has suffered a great deal since the operation, almost died once and spent a great deal of time in extreme pain and it all could have and should have been avoided. Hence the new doctor calling the old doctor a barbarian.
      I'm so sorry he's had such a bad time, but good to hear that he's finally found a good doctor and is on the road to recovery *sends massive good vibes*

Jumble, I am so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy (belated) Birthday!
      Thank you

I hope that all other Woohoo's are well and I offer *major squishy huggles* to you all. I hope life is good to you because you are and always will be an awesome bunch of people.
      *squishy huggles back* Just remember that you and Char are part of this awesome bunch

Comment

*extra hugs to Bree and fam*

Laurie, everything crossed for your househunt!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I have had the pleasure of meeting her several times and she is totally genuine, kind, funny and caring.

I remember at my first event, AT3, sitting in a line waiting for an autograph just watching AT interact with those in front of me in line. What impressed me the most was how well she dealt with fans who were totally overwhelmed at meeting her. So patient and caring.
        So true. I don't know why, but I was absolutely terrified by the prospect of meeting her, lol. No, really. I've met a lot of actors before, even ones who I was a big fan of, mostly from having friends in the industry. But meeting Amanda literally made me too nervous to eat! I think I lost about 5lbs that weekend. Maybe because I didn't have the buffer of a friend doing the introductions? I dunno. But she was so sweet and said the nicest things. If I hadn't been a fan before, I would have been a fan for life after.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          *extra hugs to Bree and fam*

Laurie, everything crossed for your househunt!

So true. I don't know why, but I was absolutely terrified by the prospect of meeting her, lol. No, really. I've met a lot of actors before, even ones who I was a big fan of, mostly from having friends in the industry. But meeting Amanda literally made me too nervous to eat! I think I lost about 5lbs that weekend. Maybe because I didn't have the buffer of a friend doing the introductions? I dunno. But she was so sweet and said the nicest things. If I hadn't been a fan before, I would have been a fan for life after.
          I'll be honest, meeting Amanda for the first time didn't phase me at all...... in fact I was totally unaffected when she sat beside me at the Meet&Greet Same with Damian (who gave me some very odd looks when I practically ignored him ), Chris and Ryan.......

Mind you, I had just been completely bowled over by Martin, so I guess I had an excuse

It was when I met Amanda again on the Set Tour that I started to understand what an incredibly lovely person she is, and I decided then and there that I just HAD to go to AT5

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
            Was Amanda lovely?

*jealous much*

oh yes!!!
            Someone here can say that in the end I was totally overwhelmed by her...ehm...autograph session... but she was very sweet with me! (and then everybody hugged me )
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              oh yes!!!
              Someone here can say that in the end I was totally overwhelmed by her...ehm...autograph session... but she was very sweet with me! (and then everybody hugged me )
              *puts up hand* Yes, I can definitely say that - I seem to remember you sobbing on my shoulder just a little

Amanda has that effect on most people - she's so incredibly nice, and patient. Somebody (MoB?) said that even in a crowded room with loads of people waiting in line behind you for their phot op, Amanda makes you feel like you're the only person in the room She definitely has a way of making every individual feel special

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                *puts up hand* Yes, I can definitely say that - I seem to remember you sobbing on my shoulder just a little

Amanda has that effect on most people - she's so incredibly nice, and patient. Somebody (MoB?) said that even in a crowded room with loads of people waiting in line behind you for their phot op, Amanda makes you feel like you're the only person in the room She definitely has a way of making every individual feel special
                Yup. It sounds like something I'd say. And it's very true. I'll never forget that little conversation with her. Mostly because I was rather tongue tied. But that's what she does. I will never, ever forget what she said to me on that first meeting. And TBH, I almost never remember what people say to me that very first meet. No matter who they are.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes. I'm just getting ready to go now. I'll let you know once I get back. I had to look through the postings this am - except for your long story Jumble. I just didn't have the time to read it - when I get back though!

MoB - I know this it the wrong forum, but - It would have been a more interesting story of you wore the costume for something more - ah - interesting!

Well, time to put my shoes on - have a light breakfast - and get moving! Here's hoping this is the one! If not, the next place is going to be a "pretty big" price jump! And the one I'm looking at today has a view to die for!

THINKING POSITIVE! <----- Wait, you get out of here, I want when I look at this place!

See ya all later!

Oh and Jumble, I wasn't tongue tied when I met AT either. But she did impress me a great deal. People (no matter who) do not tongue tie me, they are just people no matter who they are. What impresses me is how they treat others --- and AT goes to the top to the list for that. Real genuine and about the nicest person I've had the pleasure of meeting!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    1. MoB - I know this it the wrong forum, but - It would have been a more interesting story of you wore the costume for something more - ah - interesting!

2. Well, time to put my shoes on - have a light breakfast - and get moving! Here's hoping this is the one! If not, the next place is going to be a "pretty big" price jump! And the one I'm looking at today has a view to die for!

THINKING POSITIVE! <----- Wait, you get out of here, I want when I look at this place!

See ya all later!

3. Oh and Jumble, I wasn't tongue tied when I met AT either. But she did impress me a great deal. People (no matter who) do not tongue tie me, they are just people no matter who they are. What impresses me is how they treat others --- and AT goes to the top to the list for that. Real genuine and about the nicest person I've had the pleasure of meeting!
                    1. LOL, Laurie. I'll post pics for y'all after the episode airs. There's nothing in the pics that would be considered spoilery, at all, but there are rules, and I do want to work again.

2. Sending lots of positive housing vibes to you!

3. I am in total agreement with you, which is why the situation with Amanda was so weird. I've never been star-struck in my life. I am sure there were many factors involved including the overwhelming nature of meeting so many people IRL for the first time, but still.

Okay. I'm getting off my butt and going for a run since we appear to have a break in the rain.
                    sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Sending hugs to Bree and family. Sorry to hear things are still rough, but you continue to be in my thoughts

Laurie, fingers crossed for this next apartment!

Jumble and Dee, yay for the old hippy art! I will have to root back through my PB in a bit and see what I can post
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*waves to Laurie and Josi*

More 'old' stuff..........

Comment

MoB, I'm happy you're enjoying your background acting! It sounds fun. And like you said, it's more money for your move.

Bree, I send good vibes and huggles your way for Char and you dad. I'm glad to hear he has a good doctor now and that he's on his way to recovery.

Laurie, my fingers are crossed!

I don't know how I'll react the first time I'll meet AT. My breathing quickens just thinking about it. o.o

I'm going to see The Lion King tonight! It's an early birthday gift for my mom and I from close friends of the family. It's a girl's night out! Hehe. We're going to a Chinese restaurant first, then to the show. I can't wait!
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            MoB, I'm happy you're enjoying your background acting! It sounds fun. And like you said, it's more money for your move.

The term acting applies extremely loosely here. It's more like 'show up on time and do what they tell you.' Next week I'll be filming 2 shorts where acting will actually be involved and should be extra fun, since I am blessed to be surrounded by people who are way better at this than I am.

ETA- Today I ran without my inhaler for the first time since a virus mangled my lungs last November! I'm very, very happy!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              The term acting applies extremely loosely here. It's more like 'show up on time and do what they tell you.' Next week I'll be filming 2 shorts where acting will actually be involved and should be extra fun, since I am blessed to be surrounded by people who are way better at this than I am.
                              *giggles* Then, what should we call it? Background-not-really-acting-but-standing-somewhere-with-other-people? It's long.

ETA- Today I ran without my inhaler for the first time since a virus mangled my lungs last November! I'm very, very happy!
                              Great news! *pats you on the shoulder*
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                *giggles* Then, what should we call it? Background-not-really-acting-but-standing-somewhere-with-other-people? It's long.
                                Good point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X