No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just had a childminding enquiry from a Mrs Woodwood - good omen you think?

Comment

Another thing that struck me at comic Con about the various SyFy panels - besides the fact that the Sanctuary panel was in a smaller ballroom and on a different day than Eureka and Warehouse13 - was the fact that the entire cast and creator of Warehouse 13 and much of the cast of Eureka (and its creator) was there and only Amanda and Robin where there for Sanctuary.

Eureka was still filming which is why there were some missing (Erica Cerra being the main one), but they still managed to juggle production to get most of them there on Friday (a shooting day) while Sanctuary was on Saturday (a non-shooting day) and they only got 2 people (who flew in that morning after being on the set the day before). Surely they could have gotten Ryan and Chris and maybe even Damian and Martin too if they had bothered to pony up the cash. Of course I don't know who exactly foots the bill - it could be the network or the studio or a combination of the two and the lack of studio backing for Sanctuary could be a contributing factor.

But still. On the surface, it just looks like a lack of support of Sanctuary by Syfy. At least to me.

I guess I am just frustrated.

And damnit, I want some cool Sanctuary merch.

Anyway, babbling again. I'll stop.

Yay happy rainbow thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Evening Woohoos

1. I had to go to London today, and it was horribly wet and rainy, and I slipped on the pavement and went down in a big puddle right in the middle of Piccadilly Circus I have a bruised knee (which is turning all sorts of shades of purple already), bruised pride and had to spend the rest of the day decidedly soggy I'm such a klutz

2. Gorgeous! And big hugs for our Extraordinary Woman this month

3. *hugs* It's heart-breaking For UKers, the DEC is accepting donations for East Africa too.
        1. *hugs* Put some ice on that knee and have a relaxing evening. Feel better.

2.By far the most inspiring of all of the S4K blog entries, IMHO. I was literally moved to tears by it. Hmm... I'm awfully watery these days. *checks calendar* (The extraordinary woman, really is something special )

3. Thanks for posting that Josi. I hope everyone who can will help.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I've just had a childminding enquiry from a Mrs Woodwood - good omen you think?
        I think it's a fabulous omen.

My run helped sort my brain this morning and I was inspired to blog from the heart about midwifery for those of you who are interested in that topic. Here.

ETA: *huggles Antoa*
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Reposting from Mayogate

Birthday fundraising idea:

Per @JuliaHague:
          Mind blowing thought! If all 45,876 @amandatapping Twitter followers donated just $10 in her birthday month to @Sanctuary4kids > $458760 would be raised!
          If you want to donate to @Sanctuary4kids as a united @amandatapping fandom gesture, just put #ATTwitterFandomUnited on the online donation form.

http://www.sanctuaryforkids.org/inde...tion&Itemid=55

They stole my idea Good on them!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            And damnit, I want some cool Sanctuary merch.

Anyway, babbling again. I'll stop. Yay happy rainbow thoughts.
            Antoa - we are getting some really cool Sanctuary and S4K merchandise coming soon. I was one of an unknown number of volunteers who helped to select designs and colors and actual pieces that the Sanctuary people are going to put up for sale. We answered several surveys and questionaires with pictures of all the possible mercandise. It isn't ready yet but trust me, it is coming!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Antoa - we are getting some really cool Sanctuary and S4K merchandise coming soon. I was one of an unknown number of volunteers who helped to select designs and colors and actual pieces that the Sanctuary people are going to put up for sale. We answered several surveys and questionaires with pictures of all the possible mercandise. It isn't ready yet but trust me, it is coming!
              I was part of that survey group too, Laurie. It's only for S4K though, which is srs awesome. No Sanctuary merch will be coming from it.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

It's the 5th, right? Or close enough? So I can start posting embarrassingly horrible sigs?

sigpic

Comment

Yes indeed LJ, it is the 5th and I'm going to start with some really early (and equally embarrassing) sigs.....

Comment

More early stuff.......

Comment

Partyyyyyyy!!!
                      *hugs WooHoos*

I'm going to start with the latest one. I'm being cross. And it's the celebrational one, so...

Aaand... The first sig I *ever* made:

...with Gimp, that is, because I think this is the first self made sig I used here:

How's that? Hand drawn! Anyone care for a tut for that one?
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

If you can include instructions on exactly how to draw, then yes please!!!

LOVE the celebratory sig

I have one too vvv, but it's not a patch on yours

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          If you can include instructions on exactly how to draw, then yes please!!!
                          Well... If you think that you could ever reach *my* level of ...superb drawing...

Nad's Simple Drawing Tut

Spoiler:
                          -Grab paper. (The old fashioned kind. Not the virtual stuff. It's what you use to print? Yeah that.)

- Grab pencil or pen. Crayon could work as well, the kids don't need it. You do.)

- Press point to paper, apply pressure, but not too much. It might hurt the sheet.

-Draw lines and circles. To avoid jitter, draw fast.

-Mind the details. Look at faces. Most of the time, there's two eyes and a mouth. So... draw two eyes and a mouth.
                          *note: Noses and ears can be left out, but not the hair. Never the Hair.

-There is no boobling here. Drawing (especially stickpuppets) is a serious business.

-Feel the drawing. With your mind as well as your fingers, but make sure it doesn't become erotic.

LOVE the celebratory sig

I have one too vvv, but it's not a patch on yours
                          Thanks
                          It's not much, though. Just copy and paste and adding text

And I do love yours!
                          (As well as the old Martin ones. The 'hands/mouth' and the 'and cut' ones? They're early sigs, but I still have found memries of those )
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Some sigs for the party..

SGA

Sanctuary

Last edited by syfyfan; 05 August 2011, 04:09 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fringe - True Blood

SG1

Last edited by syfyfan; 05 August 2011, 04:09 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Well... If you think that you could ever reach *my* level of ...superb drawing...

Nad's Simple Drawing Tut

Spoiler:
                                -Grab paper. (The old fashioned kind. Not the virtual stuff. It's what you use to print? Yeah that.)

- Grab pencil or pen. Crayon could work as well, the kids don't need it. You do.)

- Press point to paper, apply pressure, but not too much. It might hurt the sheet.

-Draw lines and circles. To avoid jitter, draw fast.

-Mind the details. Look at faces. Most of the time, there's two eyes and a mouth. So... draw two eyes and a mouth.
                                *note: Noses and ears can be left out, but not the hair. Never the Hair.

-There is no boobling here. Drawing (especially stickpuppets) is a serious business.

-Feel the drawing. With your mind as well as your fingers, but make sure it doesn't become erotic.
                                Not erotic? Aw

See, I watch my kidlets do this every day and they come up with some amazing drawings, but when I try it's always naff I can just about draw a house as long as it's square and has square windows

Thanks
                                It's not much, though. Just copy and paste and adding text

And I do love yours!
                                (As well as the old Martin ones. The 'hands/mouth' and the 'and cut' ones? They're early sigs, but I still have fond memories of those )
                                Thanks

Oh yes, back in the days when we had so few pics of Martin that I had to use the same ones over and over and over

Comment

Working...
                                X