Clear All

Wooohood! Good to hear that Keep us updated...if possible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      The success of your pretty crafty skirt, of course *happy dances again*

Aw! Gracias!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      1. Oh my that is awesome. can you come and sew my curtains please? They've only been sitting waiting to be made two months.

2. As for thr rest...er.. no idea what you just said... ok, well I got the leather and leggings bits and, unsurprisingly the corset, but not being a fashionista, the rest kinda made a whooshing sound as it passed me by...

3. *glances and joggy bottoms, scraggy sewatshirt and scraped back hair...*

Er, yeah.

Thank you. I think I only didn't post because I was too drunk/exhausted to know what I was doing and just forgot!

4. I had the whole "it's been 100 days" thing going on in my head and it got me thinking about the episode with She Who Shall Not Be Named although I never really had a problem with Jack getting a bit of action with some other woman anyway, and quite liked her tbh and I was thinking what a load of old cobblers that was... I mean you don't just go "oh, that's it 100 days of mourning my husband, I'm done with that, on with my life then" The getting on with things is something you have to do from day 1, like it or not... and the mourning? Pah... try for the rest of my life. Every day. Every minute. It's just a big steaming pile of dog poo and I just want him back... mainly so I can kill him for bloody well dying on me.

... Anyway...

... apparently this is all perfectly normal, including the anger...

1. Uh, sure?

2. Gibson girl blouse: http://www.ladiesemporium.com/store/000908.php

3. Aw. *huggles*

4. Mourning is totally cultural and personal and everyone will approach it differently. For example, in the Jewish religion, you bury someone in the 1st 24 hours, you sit shiva for 7 days which means you sit at home, other people come to you and remember the dead. (there are other things that go into the process of shiva too rending of garments, covering of mirrors, and more) After 7 days you can leave your house and return to work, but you stay closed off from society for a month. After that, you can generally go about your daily life, but you are not supposed to attend celebrations until the end of a year. It a fairly humane approach to grieving, IMHO, because people expect and allow that it takes time. *squishy hugs to you* You do what needs to be done. Everyone will be here and, more importantly, there when you feel ready.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

dashes in .... glad llp made it safely..... dashes out

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*iz running late*

Off to collect Laurie now

Comment

*bounces*

Give her a huge squishy huggle for me...whether she likes it or nor

Comment

*flops into thread*
              *huggles Woohoos*

Cags, *massive squishy huggles* for the bad day. And you're right that as much as the only thing that makes grief better is time, you can't put a timeframe on it and expect it'll all be all right, and even when the pain fades enough not to be so all-encompassing, it never goes away fully And tbh, I think it would be worse if it did, hard as that is. Grief proves that a person was loved.

Bekki, safe travels back to Victoria!

MoB, your costume looks and sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Oh, and you might have warned me that the Bekki doll was made as an exact copy!!! Two bottles of wine and a pack of Timtams have disappeared already
              Hey! Leave some timtams for the rest of us!

*bounces for AT5 officially beginning* So glad to hear Laurie is here safely!
              Last edited by josiane; 04 February 2011, 08:49 AM.
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*runz into thread*
                *tosses squishy huggles at WooHoo's*
                *does a happy dance for WooHoo's who are meeting*
                *does the dance of supreme jealousy..er..um*
                I'll think of something appropriate some day.
                *runz out and off to work*
                sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles*
                  sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    *bounces*

Give her a huge squishy huggle for me...whether she likes it or nor

Done!

Just got back from Cags', cottage pie is in the oven, wine is open.............

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    *flops into thread*
                    *huggles Woohoos*

Cags, *massive squishy huggles* for the bad day. And you're right that as much as the only thing that makes grief better is time, you can't put a timeframe on it and expect it'll all be all right, and even when the pain fades enough not to be so all-encompassing, it never goes away fully And tbh, I think it would be worse if it did, hard as that is. Grief proves that a person was loved.

Bekki, safe travels back to Victoria!

MoB, your costume looks and sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it

Hey! Leave some timtams for the rest of us!
                    Hey, it's not me! It's that darned Bekki-doll

*bounces for AT5 officially beginning* So glad to hear Laurie is here safely!
                    ..... despite my in-the-dark driving that I hate But we got here safe and sound

Comment

*waves frantically to Laurie* Welcome to our side of the pond!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        *waves frantically to Laurie* Welcome to our side of the pond!
                        She's waving back, just not frantically She had a little nap in the car and is slowly coming up to speed

Comment

Yahoo Laurie is in the UK....

Poor UK

And I think she took the good weather with her...seeing as the weather in here is horrible!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Yahoo Laurie is in the UK....

Poor UK

And I think she took the good weather with her...seeing as the weather in here is horrible!
                            She says you deserve it for that comment

Anywoo, she didn't bring any good weather with her, it's cold and very very windy

But at least it's not snowing

Comment

She says you deserve it for that comment

Anywoo, she didn't bring any good weather with her, it's cold and very very windy

But at least it's not snowing
                              I didn't expect her to be that evil! UK makes people evil I think...

It's just raining in here...it feels like I'm back in the Netherlands!
                              sigpic

Comment

She's waving back, just not frantically She had a little nap in the car and is slowly coming up to speed
                                Ah, the joys of jetlag
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X