The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Oh yeah... I have had the pleasure several times Which is why I know that flight combinations with only two hours transit time in which to get through immigration, customs, change terminals, re-check baggage and get through security again just ain't gonna cut it I reckon I need minimum three, and would rather have four. But equally I don't want to find myself trying to get from the airport to the hotel at midnight *sigh* Must be possible, somehow

And yeah, that really sucks Would have been awesome to have met up with you over there.
    I've never had to re-check my baggage, that's new for me Then again I made sure that I had my transit in Europe and from there a direct flight to the USA so I didn't had to worry about immigration time while I was in the USA
    Still the lines in there are insane and its not like they are still REALLY going to check you after all the checks they've already done...it's more like fake security in a way.

I do find that strange that you get midnight flights since I always got flight that arrived during the day, usually at the beginnig of the day. It's just that I have to be at the weirdest times at the airport.

You also just reminded me I still have to put my ticket date on another date(for flying back to the Netherlands)...also fun stuff!

It would have been lots of fun, but I just have to leave at the end of May. My VISA will run out then...just like now.

I still didn't get my new form in the mail so I emailed my apartment complex in the hope that my immigration officer send it to there instead since he's on vacation I can't contact him!
    sigpic

Comment

Still, I softened the pain of having to go back to work by registering for the conference I'm going to in New Orleans in June and booking my hotel too Just got to get the flights sorted now... and boy is that a headache Can't fly direct to New Orleans from London so it's trying to work out what the best option for transit is Too many choices, but trying to find one that gives me enough time to change planes bearing in mind getting through immigration and yet doesn't mean I land in NOLA at midnight is not proving easy
      Can't say I've ever had the pleasure of US immigration but Canada was pretty fun! Especially when they asked me and Jumble how we knew each other...

When are you flying? I'm off to Florida on the 14th June - can't wait !

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I've never had to re-check my baggage, that's new for me Then again I made sure that I had my transit in Europe and from there a direct flight to the USA so I didn't had to worry about immigration time while I was in the USA
        Still the lines in there are insane and its not like they are still REALLY going to check you after all the checks they've already done...it's more like fake security in a way.
        I think the difference is having to go through immigration to come into the country - you can't transit from an international to a domestic flight without going through immigration, and that then takes you 'out' of the airside part so you have to check back in again and go back through security. If you're transiting between two international flights you can usually avoid the whole palaver - certainly the only time I've ever had to go through customs & immigration and then check back in again was when I was changing in Johannesburg from a flight from London to one to Durban. It's a pain, anyway

I do find that strange that you get midnight flights since I always got flight that arrived during the day, usually at the beginnig of the day. It's just that I have to be at the weirdest times at the airport.

You also just reminded me I still have to put my ticket date on another date(for flying back to the Netherlands)...also fun stuff!

It would have been lots of fun, but I just have to leave at the end of May. My VISA will run out then...just like now.

I still didn't get my new form in the mail so I emailed my apartment complex in the hope that my immigration officer send it to there instead since he's on vacation I can't contact him!
        *hugs* Hope you can get it all sorted out soon - bureaucracy for visas/immigration things is a nightmare all over the world!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Can't say I've ever had the pleasure of US immigration but Canada was pretty fun! Especially when they asked me and Jumble how we knew each other...

About a week after you - 22nd June Can't wait either!

US immigration is fun, mostly though because it generally takes AGES - most times it's taken a good hour from getting off the plane I was only lucky once, the first time I flew into Washington, when I managed to be first off the plane and there was no queue at all ahead of us

Ironically though the immigration experience that I found the least fun was Australia... their customs forms are something else Probably didn't help that it was 6am and I had just gone 25 hours without sleep though

And How did you & Jumble explain that?
          sigpic

Comment

I think the difference is having to go through immigration to come into the country - you can't transit from an international to a domestic flight without going through immigration, and that then takes you 'out' of the airside part so you have to check back in again and go back through security. If you're transiting between two international flights you can usually avoid the whole palaver - certainly the only time I've ever had to go through customs & immigration and then check back in again was when I was changing in Johannesburg from a flight from London to one to Durban. It's a pain, anyway
            That makes sense in a way. See I just always had international flights; no domestic...and the domestic flights I've had so far had the easiest security EVER!(compared to international)
            *hugs* for all that trouble. I'm glad I don't have to go through it!

*hugs* Hope you can get it all sorted out soon - bureaucracy for visas/immigration things is a nightmare all over the world!
            Thanks, the things is that my immigration officer said(and I quote) "I will send the new DS-2019 and work authorization out today." before Christmas. So I understood that he mailed it to me...
            I just need to know I have a VISA(DS-2019), I don't want to be illigal LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

Where is Jumble?
              sigpic

Comment

That would have been interesting...although from what I've heard Canadian immigration is nicer than American immigration. At least that is what people told me

Florida! Oohhhh nice, you're going to be boiling hot in there though!
                sigpic

Comment

US immigration is fun, mostly though because it generally takes AGES - most times it's taken a good hour from getting off the plane I was only lucky once, the first time I flew into Washington, when I managed to be first off the plane and there was no queue at all ahead of us
                  So I've heard! Just what you want after being couped up nearly 10 hours in an area no bigger than an orange juice carton

And How did you & Jumble explain that?
                  Ha! I stuttered and stammered, whilst Jumble coolly said "We're friends". She's exactly the kind of person you want when you're pulling a heist.

EDIT: Hehe I know Jann, but I flourish in the hot weather And looking forward to some kick-ass thunderstorms!

Comment

So I've heard! Just what you want after being couped up nearly 10 hours in an area no bigger than an orange juice carton
                    Indeed Although at least you're standing and can move around a little, even if it is only in a queue moving at snail's pace

Ha! I stuttered and stammered, whilst Jumble coolly said "We're friends". She's exactly the kind of person you want when you're pulling a heist.

I bet!

EDIT: Hehe I know Jann, but I flourish in the hot weather And looking forward to some kick-ass thunderstorms!
                    I'm hoping for the same in New Orleans - it's going to be pretty steamy there in June too Although a lot of the time I'll be in the air-conditioned convention centre and probably therefore freezing
                    sigpic

Comment

*runs in to hug everyone*
                      *wonders when Syfy is going to give us something new and Sancuary to keep us warm untill april *
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Where is Jumble?
                        I'm here

Been spending a lot of time with Suz, and the rest of it worrying about her She's been unwell for the last month - coughs, colds, chest infections - then at the week-end she started coughing up blood and ended up in hospital. They were talking TB or pneumonia, but she's responding well to strong doses of antibiotics and will hopefully be on the mend soon *crosses fingers*

Hate it when my kids are that sick

Oh great! Sooo looking forward to my trip to Seattle now

I just told the truth, what else was I to say?

Haven't had a good thunderstorm in aaaaaaages

Edit:

Comment

*sends hugs and positive vibes to Suz*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            I'm here

Been spending a lot of time with Suz, and the rest of it worrying about her She's been unwell for the last month - coughs, colds, chest infections - then at the week-end she started coughing up blood and ended up in hospital. They were talking TB or pneumonia, but she's responding well to strong doses of antibiotics and will hopefully be on the mend soon *crosses fingers*

Hate it when my kids are that sick
                            *hugs Suz and hugs Jumble* Poor her, that sounds really nasty Hope those antibiotics do the trick soon for her - sending lots of positive vibes her way.

Oh great! Sooo looking forward to my trip to Seattle now
                            Sorry It's all worth it once you get through though

I completely didn't notice! Bad Woohoo!
                            sigpic

Comment

*sends healing vibes to Suz*

Sounds icky, hope she mends quickly *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                *sends hugs and positive vibes to Suz*

*sends healing vibes to Suz*

Sounds icky, hope she mends quickly *hugs*
                                *hugs Suz and hugs Jumble* Poor her, that sounds really nasty Hope those antibiotics do the trick soon for her - sending lots of positive vibes her way.

Sorry It's all worth it once you get through though

I completely didn't notice! Bad Woohoo!
                                Thanks I'm sure half her trouble is that she goes back to work far too soon and doesn't give herself time to recover properly

I'm sure it will be worth it Josiane, but it's going to be a bit scary on my own
                                Last edited by Jumble; 04 January 2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X