The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Jann, you're going to give yourself skin cancer!
    Originally posted by jumble View Post
    ...... and make herself look old long before she really is
    Actually normally I use sunblock and all but since I didn't expect the good weather I forgot it...also I went shopping and didn't really lay a lot in the sun so I was surprised that I got a burn.

As for skin cancer...sensative topic Since I got fitiligo and thus have a higher risk on it I wore a cap and sunglasses all the time...I even got a little stripe of my glasses now

Actually, I was studying my face earlier (yes, it was a gruesome job, but it had to be done ) and I noticed that although I have lots of wrinkles around my eyes and upper cheeks, I have none on my forehead. Which means that during my life I must have spent more time laughing and smiling than I spent frowning
    That's good to hear Smiling is good!

And FCOL why haven't they still fixed the darn MQ...it's still scrolling up all the time. Hmpf.
    sigpic

Comment

I hereby protest!

sigpic

Comment

So what did you have? Are there pics?
        Wasn't really the right crowd to be taking pics, lol! I bypassed the starter and had Grilled Haddock Steak with Cheddar and Chive Rarebit, Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Risotto and Spinach Pesto then a trio of Chocolate Pudding, White chocolate ice cream and dark chocolate truffle. Nom nom nom!

Comment

WooHood!
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            Wasn't really the right crowd to be taking pics, lol! I bypassed the starter and had Grilled Haddock Steak with Cheddar and Chive Rarebit, Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Risotto and Spinach Pesto then a trio of Chocolate Pudding, White chocolate ice cream and dark chocolate truffle. Nom nom nom!

There are people who don't take pics???

Mmm.... sounds good, especially the dessert

@ LJ You should send that one to him, see if he takes the hint

Comment

Whew, is it hot. Decided to finally come in from the outdoors. I love this weather. Getting ready to go to my son's baseball game, but I thought that I would stop in and try to catch up on all the posts.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              I wonder if it wasn't one of those "we-don't-know-if-this-is-the-last-ever-season-so-better-tie-it-all-up" bit of writing? It certainly plays out a bit like that to be honest.

House spoilers (just in case there's some to see it yet)
              Spoiler:

I just find the whole Cuddy/House thing came to a conclusion quite abruptly. I mean, one minute she's seemingly happy and with this guy and everything. And we've barely seen her much the back end of this season at all and not even a remote hint that things with Lucas were not really working out (in fact quite the opposite). I think they needed another episode between him handing her the book/ her announcing her engagement and the moment she realises whom she really wants - just a bit more thinking and reaction time would have made it feel more natural.

You know, it's odd because I find myself comparing this whole thing to Sam and Jack and finding the latter superior in so many ways. We have had more time to see those feelings develop, more real affection/friendship between them and, even after Sam accepts she needs to move on, we see she does struggle to do so because her feelings are still for Jack. She has huge doubts about her life with Pete all the way from the start. And although they wrap it up (sort of) in one episode in the end (Threads) it's still done in a way that is much more subtle and more resonant because we've seen this is what she really wants all along and we've seen Jack doing the "trying to be happy for her" thing for a lot longer that a couple of episodes and we've seen him failing miserably at it.

Not that I don't love the House/Cuddy thing (and blimey, but I love House but then I always was a sucker for deeply flawed, emotionally bruised heroes ) but it's never going to ignight my shippy heart in quite the same way.

Interestingly, someone on the Ship appreciation said they'd wished SG-1 had done Sam/Jack more like House and, now I've seen it I'm finding myself disgareeing completely. I would not have wanted Sam/Jack to go like that.

*sigh* Sorry, just taking a moment to Fangurl our PTB for their excellent skills in making such an amazing and realistic realtionship. )

Aww.... *feels all broody* I love them at that age. Nothing but dribble and giggles.
              If anyone read my post a few pages back, they would know that I don't like House and Cuddy together. The love is absolutely unbelievable and I would never ever compare it to Sam and Jack's.

About being pregnant, I never had the problem but definitely feel for those who can't be. My sister popped them out like a bunny and lost every single one of them to another family member, because she was declared an unfit mother. Where those who would be the best mothers ever, can't have them. I am just glad that there are women like you, lj, who take the dedication and the love and raise children who need mothers like you.
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

*iz blushing* Thanks, Trek
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

...and I wood like t distance myself from it. I wasn't myself. By cutting off my hair, a piece of my sanity disappeared!
                  You mean I have to keep my hair this long forever if I want to keep my current level of sanity?

I was planning to cut it all off later this year

Ok, it's no good. I need to go to bed before I find myself sleeping on the kitchen floor This level of heat just wipes me out

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

There's no balance in life is there? I fell pregnant at the drop of a hat (or the drop of.... um........) and never for a moment considered myself lucky

It's only since I've known people who couldn't that I've realised how blessed I was to have three beautiful, healthy children.

*hugs everyone*
                    *hugs back*

My mum once told me that in her day women could get pregnant just by hanging their knickers on the line. That certainly seems to be the case for her 5 children including us twins and they only stopped there because my dad went snippity snip.

You know when I was much younger I used to gladly say if I ever found out I couldn't have children I'd be ok about it and wouldn't do anything to help the process along... oh famous last words that turned out to be. 9 years trying, 6 IVFs and every drug to help me stay pregnant that you can think of (well, that's legal in this country anyway) and a whole nine months waiting for the other shoe to drop. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to remind me I'm a mummy. Which is quite helpful to remember on days like today when he's been an absolute horror child and I find myself wondering whether the 2 door sports car and the luxury holiday might not have been a better idea after all.

...... and make herself look old long before she really is

Actually, I was studying my face earlier (yes, it was a gruesome job, but it had to be done ) and I noticed that although I have lots of wrinkles around my eyes and upper cheeks, I have none on my forehead. Which means that during my life I must have spent more time laughing and smiling than I spent frowning
                    That's good. The eye lines are laughter lines too.

I will gladly take credit for the bum talk!

I thought you might...

*whistles...*

OK you need to send that to Joe.

*tummy rumbles*

Sounds lovely. Much better than Bumtalk.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                    If anyone read my post a few pages back, they would know that I don't like House and Cuddy together. The love is absolutely unbelievable and I would never ever compare it to Sam and Jack's.
                    I don't mind them together, or speculating about their paring but, frankly, the appeal is very much House for me as he is a complex character. I can take or leave Cuddy (IOW I could ship him with any of the women who happen upon the series). It was hard not to draw parallels to the storyline here. I take it there is another season of House? If so then I have misgivings about the way this season ended and what this means ongoing.

About being pregnant, I never had the problem but definitely feel for those who can't be. My sister popped them out like a bunny and lost every single one of them to another family member, because she was declared an unfit mother. Where those who would be the best mothers ever, can't have them. I am just glad that there are women like you, lj, who take the dedication and the love and raise children who need mothers like you.
                    That's a lovely thing to say. I've always thought being a parent has naff all to do with genetics; it's about love and devotion. You put it so well! On the forums I moderate on, there's lots of women who end up going down the adoption route. Ever now and then I lurk on those boards have a read and come away with happy tears reading those stories of how these families found each other.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, it's no good. I need to go to bed before I find myself sleeping on the kitchen floor This level of heat just wipes me out

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*
                      Aww *hugs*

Woodnight Jumble. Will it make you feel better if I told you I've just come in from a lovely swim in my "paddling pool" (as Benjabubs calls it)

(It's supposed to cool down a bit tomorrow if that helps).
                      sigpic

Comment

*flops in*

That was a long day... only just got home Although the last few hours of it was listening to a poetry reading and being fed fancy food at a college SCR, so could have been harder work really

*hugs everyone*
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I continue to protest...

sigpic

Comment

Loving the protest sigs LJ

Yummy!

*huggles woohoos*
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Gosh, you protest so beautifully!

How about a bumshot one? or a shoe shot? He maay be inspired you know.

*huggles knackered Josi*

*yawns*

Bed for me now I think. Nunite Woohoos.
                              sigpic

Comment

Multi-quote thingies are cruel torture devices invented to drive poor Woohoo's out of their minds!

*re-reads above sentence*

um..never mind.

*hugs woohoo's since it's easier than trying to multi-quote*

*joins LJ in whacking Mother Nature*

Totally random: Sometimes the Food Network is gross even when it isn't trying to be gross. Let's just say I don't really need to see my food being extruded. It kind of takes the fun out of eating a sweet potato turnover.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X