No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I received this lovely invitation from Jumble for the 3 day MW birthday marathon. Must be a special guy to require three days to celebrate!

Since I'm a total Luddite, I'm afraid I have nothing to contribute in terms of vids or pics but I did stop by hoping there would be cake. Also, thought I should make an appearance since I'm the one who uncovered the deep dark secret or, as no doubt Martin refers to me, the wierd woman on the set tour who asked when his birthday was. At least he didn't call for security.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      So, I received this lovely invitation from Jumble for the 3 day MW birthday marathon. Must be a special guy to require three days to celebrate!

Since I'm a total Luddite, I'm afraid I have nothing to contribute in terms of vids or pics but I did stop by hoping there would be cake. Also, thought I should make an appearance since I'm the one who uncovered the deep dark secret or, as no doubt Martin refers to me, the wierd woman on the set tour who asked when his birthday was. At least he didn't call for security.
      Ah, so glad you could pop in EH-T For you I have some special treats for making this celebration possible.......

Direct from Anderson's Restaurant, specially made for you...

Lemon Crunch

and Sticky Toffee Pudding

and HUGE SQUISHY HUGS for finding out The Birthday for us

Edit: And a special alcohol-free cocktail to wash it down with

Comment

*stumbles through party on way to kitchen* Morning. Morning? Morning. *yaaaaawwwwn*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Ah, so glad you could pop in EH-T For you I have some special treats for making this celebration possible.......

Direct from Anderson's Restaurant, specially made for you...

and HUGE SQUISHY HUGS for finding out The Birthday for us

Edit: And a special alcohol-free cocktail to wash it down with

Wow. Thanks, that was great!

Perhaps I could return the favour at SE. Are you familiar with Nanaimo Bar? I know what this crowd is thinking but it's not that kind of bar. It is a slice named after Nanaimo, British Columbia. I brought some to the Creation convention last April and handed it out to people in line waiting to register.

Comment

*waves and huggles woohoos*
            *hands soft drink to Jasmina*

You know, students are not what they used to be In my day (), the mere sniff of a party wood be all that was needed to get the books dumped and the fun rolling for days and days
            School work comes first...

*snort*

Actually, I've never been much of a person for parties, I'd much rather play in fandom then ya know go out and get drunk and put myself in a compromising position.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            We still do that but I need to pass this all if I want to party further in the USA next schoolyear

I already avoided this reports long enough*sigh*
            I tried to tell you to do your schoolwork last night.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*runz in*

*throws party poppers at WooHoos*

No time to party (just yet) but I'l be back.

*looks disdainfully at the alcohol free cocktails and grabs a glass of bucks fizz on the way out.*

*ponders the idea of creating a WooHoo cocktail.*

*runz out*
              sigpic

Comment

*runs back in*
                *skids to a halt at the sight of Anderson's sticky toffee pudding*
                *drools*
                *drools some more*
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  *runs back in*
                  *drools*
                  *drools some more*
                  Hey, hands off my pudding!

Comment

Ohh but, but, but... Anderson's sticky toffee pudding is literally like heaven on a plate!
                    *whines*
                    Juuuumble, can I have some too? Pleeeeeeease!
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Wow. Thanks, that was great!

Perhaps I could return the favour at SE. Are you familiar with Nanaimo Bar? I know what this crowd is thinking but it's not that kind of bar. It is a slice named after Nanaimo, British Columbia. I brought some to the Creation convention last April and handed it out to people in line waiting to register.
                      Glad you enjoyed them

Oh, yes please! That sounds great

*runs back in*
                      *drools*
                      *drools some more*
                      Ah yes. Memories of ecstactic looks on certain WooHoos' faces as they fell in love with Stuart's desserts

Comment

Ohh but, but, but... Anderson's sticky toffee pudding is literally like heaven on a plate!
                        *whines*
                        Juuuumble, can I have some too? Pleeeeeeease!
                        Now now WooHoos, no fighting over the food

Here, have some nibbles...

And now that Cags has turned up I suppose I'd better break out the hard stuff

But if we're talking 'Heaven on a Plate', here's my preference...

Just don't bother about the plate

Comment

Yes, we are.

Since I can't share photos, I'll share other things. An old SG1 special was on last night, the one from the 200th episode. MW was discussing practical jokes on set. He mentioned the one he set up for AT to riff on McGyver in the first ep Martin directed, Solitudes. He also talked about one time when CJ was in bed for a scene, fell asleep and Martin had everyone clear the room. Poor CJ, when he woke up he didn't realise where he was at first and then he couldn't figure out where everyone had gone!

Reminded me of story we heard on the set tour. One joke they like to play on each other is to attach paper clips (the bigger ones with the black clippy part) to fellow actors or crew members. Clip them on someone's pant leg or shirt and see if they notice. Sometimes they will slither on the floor to sneak up on someone to attach a clip to the pant leg (although with MW it would have to be to the leg of his shorts).

Comment

Yes, we are.

Since I can't share photos, I'll share other things. An old SG1 special was on last night, the one from the 200th episode. MW was discussing practical jokes on set. He mentioned the one he set up for AT to riff on McGyver in the first ep Martin directed, Solitudes. He also talked about one time when CJ was in bed for a scene, fell asleep and Martin had everyone clear the room. Poor CJ, when he woke up he didn't realise where he was at first and then he couldn't figure out where everyone had gone!

Reminded me of story we heard on the set tour. One joke they like to play on each other is to attach paper clips (the bigger ones with the black clippy part) to fellow actors or crew members. Clip them on someone's pant leg or shirt and see if they notice. Sometimes they will slither on the floor to sneak up on someone to attach a clip to the pant leg (although with MW it would have to be to the leg of his shorts).
                            Oh my....... ohhhh my........

And have you seen this? They're revamping the site again

Comment

Lee and Joel are here for the night and I've just caught them up with Sanctuary. Watched Haunted and Sleepers

Spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              When I saw people commenting on Haunted, all they seemed to say was 'Oh the angst! Helen and John, angst angst angst!

So when I saw it, I seriously thought I was watching a different ep, because what I was seeing was the humour/interaction between Henry/Will and BF/Kate! Seriously, I laughed more than anything else I mean, I saw what was happening with John/Helen, obviously, but it wasn't what stood out for me.

But yes, I saw the angst and I saw how well it was done, especially second time around. CH's acting was perfect, devious and evil switching to serene and regretful, then back to evil. Utterly convincing.

Totally irrelevant observations - Helen's make-up was seriously overdone I thought

- They really need to get some input from a medical expert, because there are glaring errors in several eps that I find just a little annoying.

Sleepers made more sense after Haunted. JY never ceases to shine

L & J saw the same as me, so I guess it's a family trait to look first for the humour

Comment

Lee and Joel are here for the night and I've just caught them up with Sanctuary. Watched Haunted and Sleepers

Spoilers
                                Spoiler:
                                When I saw people commenting on Haunted, all they seemed to say was 'Oh the angst! Helen and John, angst angst angst!

So when I saw it, I seriously thought I was watching a different ep, because what I was seeing was the humour/interaction between Henry/Will and BF/Kate! Seriously, I laughed more than anything else I mean, I saw what was happening with John/Helen, obviously, but it wasn't what stood out for me.

But yes, I saw the angst and I saw how well it was done, especially second time around. CH's acting was perfect, devious and evil switching to serene and regretful, then back to evil. Utterly convincing.

Totally irrelevant observations - Helen's make-up was seriously overdone I thought

- They really need to get some input from a medical expert, because there are glaring errors in several eps that I find just a little annoying.

Sleepers made more sense after Haunted. JY never ceases to shine

L & J saw the same as me, so I guess it's a family trait to look first for the humour
                                Haunted spoilers
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah I agree Jumble...I still don't see where all the angst is. It seems like it went right back to what it was in the beginning.

And I really thought there was going to be more interaction between H/J

I was expecting to see more of them talking. (about years ago or showing us that, more back story) Blarg.

And a part of me was disappointed that there weren't that many good scenes to icon.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X