• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    *huggles Josiane for sore ankle* I told you to be careful
    I was, but it's slippy out there

*huggles back*

So I think now wood be a really good time for Martin to drop by..... we've just filled a couple of pages with serious discussion and advice, and not a drop of gutter in sight

*looks around* Where is Jann anyway?
    Yes indeed. Although if he ever does, I bet you it'll be when we're at our absolute gutteriest and there are pages of posts about his tool.

Pukkie, look, here is a perfect example of a brilliant wp that completely ignores all the empty space except for some muted decoration .....

And one that focusses on one pic, which is equally beautiful and effective..

See? It's a question of focus and framing, like Josiane said

and ooohhhh boy! That's some focus and framing.......... like I said, less is more
    *blushes* But yes indeed, good point, well illustrated And that wp from Sarai is gorgeous!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      I was, but it's slippy out there

*huggles back*

Yes indeed. Although if he ever does, I bet you it'll be when we're at our absolute gutteriest and there are pages of posts about his tool.
      Tool? I have no idea what you're talking about. The only 'tool' I ever refer to is his Director's Viewfinder, which I find fascinating. What could possibly be guttery about that???

Actually, I'm pretty sure we're safe for a few days at least

*blushes* But yes indeed, good point, well illustrated And that wp from Sarai is gorgeous!
      It is, and I've finally got it on my desktop now that I've got the full size version

I feel like I could just reach out and touch........... his knee .....hand his HAND!!!

Er...... thunking Sarai's AWESOME artwork, and yours

What? I need to practise And you do realise that he's not an experienced GWer, so he won't be able to read the small print
      Last edited by Jumble; 13 January 2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

*huggles all migraine sufferers again*

Actually...except for me thinking I'm fat and ugly, in the aspect of health I love my body. The only thing that it ever did wrong to me was a bladder infection other than that *knocks on wood* he he I never have to go to the doctor! except for those damn "pill" controls coz I'm still not 21

So I think now wood be a really good time for Martin to drop by..... we've just filled a couple of pages with serious discussion and advice, and not a drop of gutter in sight

*looks around* Where is Jann anyway?
        So you are blaming me for all the nonsense that goes on in here*sobs*

I was out Now off to grab some dinner...

Oohhh and as for WPs. It is just what Josi says. Placement and high quality pics. Overall it is the same as an icon when you know where you want to place your stuff. The thing I lately have is that I find all my stuff the same as the previous one and not inventive anymore...that's the thing you get with big artworks that you don't have with smaller ones... IMHO.
        sigpic

Comment

Woohood ! Just come back from one of Dave's mates' who was keeping the last of our stuff safe for us so we've finally got everything!! Officially moved in !!

Although on a sadder note...

Spoiler:
          One of our fish died whilst at their house. He was called Tigger and was about 5 years old so had a good innings. Still, that fish had been through a lot!! When we bought him we bought two others as well along with all the fish paraphernalia. In a moment of true Daveness my fella placed the fish in their new tank on the bonnet of his car !! It was one of those slow motion moments as he turned around and I shouted a lot and kind of fell forward as the tank slid off the bonnet and smashed all over the road!! The poor fish were flapping about all over the road, we managed to save them but it was too late all except for one - Tigger! He survived that and at least 5 moves throughout our student years only to cop it today . Tis a truly sad state of affairs. We gave him a good send off down the porcelain express though.

Do we think a good excuse to open a bottle of vino and toast his name?

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          I slept awesome last night! I really do have the most wonderful husband, who made sure I felt secure and cherished last night, even thought I was a snotty, crying mess. (((Hubby)))
          *hugs for Joe*

*extra huggles for LJ's awesome Hubby!*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Oh my word! What big... poles you have... er...

<snip>

Sarai, you know men do like to be macho about their health but really, Dave should take something. It's a recognised medical condition and can be quite effectively treated. I don't believe in suffering in silence.

*huggles Mr Sarai for migraines*

*hopes WooHoos don't mind me randomly hugging their menfolk.*
          Cags your symptoms sound very similar to what Dave gets - I get bad headaches but I know they aren't migraines. The vision problems are a real tell *hugs*.

Honestly, I've tried every trick in the book to make him take things. You made me LOL because if there's one thing Dave isn't it's macho . He can just be really pig-headed! I will try getting some of the migraine meds though, just spoke to him about it and I think he was more surprised that there were dedicated migraine painkillers out there more than anything .

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          And I'm totally with you Jumble in hoping this flipping snow will melt soon! We had another couple of inches this morning too, and I've twisted my ankle slipsliding about on it all. It's not bad, I don't think I've done it any serious damage, but it's rather painful to walk on
          I won't say anything. Just second what Jumble said ^ .

*hugs*

*blushes for nice comments about artwork*

I do agree though LJ sometimes they can be really aggravating and much more trouble than they are worth. Once in a while though you come up with something you really like and that mountain WP is gorgeous IMO .

*huggles LJ tight*

EDIT: Jann don't you say things like that about yourself - you are gorgeous . Don't forget, we've seen your pics . *huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            Woohood ! Just come back from one of Dave's mates' who was keeping the last of our stuff safe for us so we've finally got everything!! Officially moved in!!

Spoiler:
            One of our fish died whilst at their house. He was called Tigger and was about 5 years old so had a good innings. Still, that fish had been through a lot!! When we bought him we bought two others as well along with all the fish paraphernalia. In a moment of true Daveness my fella placed the fish in their new tank on the bonnet of his car !! It was one of those slow motion moments as he turned around and I shouted a lot and kind of fell forward as the tank slid off the bonnet and smashed all over the road!! The poor fish were flapping about all over the road, we managed to save them but it was too late all except for one - Tigger! He survived that and at least 5 moves throughout our student years only to cop it today. Tis a truly sad state of affairs. We gave him a good send off down the porcelain express though.

Aw, poor Tigger I know what it's like, I've kept fish for more years than I can remember, and there's always one or two that seem to outlast all the others. And you do get fond of them despite the fact that they're 'just' fish

Glad you've got all your stuff back under one roof, now you can really settle in.

*hugs for Joe*

*extra huggles for LJ's awesome Hubby!*

Cags your symptoms sound very similar to what Dave gets - I get bad headaches but I know they aren't migraines. The vision problems are a real tell *hugs*.

Honestly, I've tried every trick in the book to make him take things. You made me LOL because if there's one thing Dave isn't it's macho . He can just be really pig-headed! I will try getting some of the migraine meds though, just spoke to him about it and I think he was more surprised that there were dedicated migraine painkillers out there more than anything .
            Ok, next time bring out the big guns...........

Shove the pills in his hand and tell him JUMBLE SAYS YOU'RE TO TAKE THEM!!!! And I'll promise never to call him an ugly weed again

*hugs*

*blushes for nice comments about artwork*

I do agree though LJ sometimes they can be really aggravating and much more trouble than they are worth. Once in a while though you come up with something you really like and that mountain WP is gorgeous IMO .

*huggles LJ tight*

EDIT: Jann don't you say things like that about yourself - you are gorgeous . Don't forget, we've seen your pics . *huggles*
            That's so true, I've made loads of wps that I wasn't entirely happy with, but that red one I made the other day came from out of nowhere and I love it

Comment

Speaking of Artwork, I was wondering how hard it wood be to have our own little Martinart Awards on here at some point? Might be something to think about when we finally get a gap in all these celebrations

We have a few coming up.......

The Birthday -16th to 19th January
              Valentines - around the 14th February I guess
              S.H.I.P. Birthday - 1st April

Have I missed any?

Comment

Speaking of Artwork, I was wondering how hard it wood be to have our own little Martinart Awards on here at some point? Might be something to think about when we finally get a gap in all these celebrations

Have I missed any?
                *cough* S/J Art Thread Awards *cough*

18th April

EDIT: Off to do more unpacking *sigh*. Thank you for your sympathy Jumble, it really does suck. That fish was awesome. And huge!

Comment

*cough* S/J Art Thread Awards *cough*

18th April

No, I meant on this thread

Comment

Woohood ! Just come back from one of Dave's mates' who was keeping the last of our stuff safe for us so we've finally got everything!! Officially moved in !!
                    Yay! *happy dances for Sarai and Dave*

Spoiler:
                    One of our fish died whilst at their house. He was called Tigger and was about 5 years old so had a good innings. Still, that fish had been through a lot!! When we bought him we bought two others as well along with all the fish paraphernalia. In a moment of true Daveness my fella placed the fish in their new tank on the bonnet of his car !! It was one of those slow motion moments as he turned around and I shouted a lot and kind of fell forward as the tank slid off the bonnet and smashed all over the road!! The poor fish were flapping about all over the road, we managed to save them but it was too late all except for one - Tigger! He survived that and at least 5 moves throughout our student years only to cop it today . Tis a truly sad state of affairs. We gave him a good send off down the porcelain express though.

Poor Tigger, and poor you *huggles* I think definitely a good excuse

*hugs*
                    But, but, I was careful, honestly! Stupid slippery slush

*huggles you both because you are lovely and caring though*

^^ What she said!
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs Sarai for Tigger*

Have I missed any?

Hm nope... Only later in the year.

WooHoodStock -15th to 17th August. (If we have decided to make it annual, that is )
                      Martinmas - end of he year

We have so much going on!
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*runs in*

Anyone seen Jann or Amanda?

Oh well... *shrugs*
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles Sarai for Tigger* Poor fish!

I'm here Josi...just a bit late
                          sigpic

Comment

BTW, I sill hate making wallies. I have no use for them either, because I only like and use other people's wp's because they're nice to ogle...
                            I'm bitter, no matter how many grea works of art I see from you guys.
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              BTW, I sill hate making wallies. I have no use for them either, because I only like and use other people's wp's because they're nice to ogle...
                              You know lol, I'm the same for that...never use my own work...I even feel self centric and egoistic if I want to do that

I love other people's artworks!
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs Sarai for Tigger*

Hm nope... Only later in the year.

WooHoodStock -15th to 17th August. (If we have decided to make it annual, that is )
                                Martinmas - end of he year

We have so much going on!
                                Oh I think we should! It may not be as big as the 40th, but 'tis our duty to celebrate it

I've also got

Leeds Shipmeet - 9th - 11th April (I think )
                                Cornwall Shipmeet - sometime in the summer because Oma has promised us sunshine and a beach party........ didn't she?
                                SE - 28th July to 3rd August (for Sarai and me at any rate ) Uh, the dates we're away I mean

My diary has never been so full

BTW, I still hate making wallies. I have no use for them either, because I only like and use other people's wp's because they're nice to ogle...
                                One day inspiration will strike and you'll make one that you adore, trust me

Edit: Jann, are you calling me self-centred and egotistical?

Comment

Working...
                                X