The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks for all the hugs, Woohoos It was tough, but there were absolutely loads of people there and it was a lovely service and all went about as well as these things ever can.

Nice picspam, Jumble
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well hellooo Martin!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Although it's not really funny with all the damage it has caused. I think you guys got it way worse than the UK.
        I dread to think the state of my garden. I can be sure the usual fence panel is down but what else I don't know.
        Meh. It was much worse in the UK going by what I saw in the news. The Amsterdam area just got hit pretty hard. Two people died in the city It's the trees that caused most of the damage really.

But it was kind of funny here. Nothing too serious.

Still here in sunny Dorset. We had some amazing vibrant rainbows and double rainbows today. Sadly I was driving each and every time one popped up so managed to get no pictures at all.
        I also had a look at a couple of houses while I was down here. I still have that little dream of moving here and, well, can't hurt to look, can it.
        Always look!
        *marks future holiday location*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        More proof, in case we needed it, that your mind is never far from the ickybah track
        Wait, what?
        We just waved our tools, trimmed our bushes and...
        *blinks*
        OK. I see your point.

Still innocent though.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Thanks for all the hugs, Woohoos It was tough, but there were absolutely loads of people there and it was a lovely service and all went about as well as these things ever can.

Nice picspam, Jumble
          More hugs for pointing out the 'good' things during not so good times
          (and I guess that includes the picspam )
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Wait, what?
            We just waved our tools, trimmed our bushes and...
            *blinks*
            OK. I see your point.

Still innocent though.
            Pfft! You don't know the meaning of the word

Which reminds me, we haven't seen Jann for aaaaaaages

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            More hugs for pointing out the 'good' things during not so good times
            (and I guess that includes the picspam )
            Martinpicspam is always good - certainly eased my pain

I wonder if he knows he analgesic properties............

*stares at pics*

He's pretty darn gorgeous isn't he?

Uh, did I say that out loud?

Glad things went ok Josi
            Last edited by Jumble; 29 October 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Jumble - enjoyed all the picspan. A lot of pictures I haven't seen before. Hmmm! Gotten any emails recently from Vancouver?

Oh and you did realize that you were the only one to pick up on the comment - didn't even notice it until you spoiled it!

Josi- glad it went - can't think of an appropriate word to use here but you know our hearts went out to you.

Cags took a look at the location of Dorset..... let me know when you moved and have put everything away that you intend to!...... then I'll come for a visit! Seriously, looks like a lovely place to live but the weather might be a little fierce! But that looks like one great area for a WooHoo party..... so just give me enough time! Hmmmm like 6 months to save up the money to fly over! Jumble can pick me up at the airport on the way over!..... I'll even catch a train to somewhere to make it easier for you!
              sigpic

Comment

Just curious Jumble (or anyone else that watches Sleepy Hollow) - since you are posting the picture from the show - what you think of the show..... or anyone out there with a (good) opinion! Not necessarily a good review, just an honest assessment of the show. I've been watching it and have found it to be strangly enjoyable to watch!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Cags took a look at the location of Dorset..... let me know when you moved and have put everything away that you intend to!...... then I'll come for a visit! Seriously, looks like a lovely place to live but the weather might be a little fierce! But that looks like one great area for a WooHoo party..... so just give me enough time! Hmmmm like 6 months to save up the money to fly over! Jumble can pick me up at the airport on the way over!..... I'll even catch a train to somewhere to make it easier for you!
                  I love the way us Woohoos just go right on and invite ourselves to visit/stay in each other's houses.
                  It is a lovely part of the world. The drive from Bridport up to Weymouth along the B3157 has got to be one of the most beautiful drives ever; all up and down and twisty (but not too twisty) with loads of open country and grandiose views over the Fleet and Chesil beach. At one spot there's a blind summit - which I always speed up a little on the climb up and fly over the top like I'm taking off. It's the kind of road that makes driving fun. And the drive over the causeway to Portland Island is wonderful too, and the climb up to the War memorial and that amazing view Westwards along the coast is just such a unique and wonderful view. Yes, I think I might just about love this part of the world.
                  As for the move; well it's something I'm still considering if I am honest. I saw one house (on Portland Island) that I fell in love with. Booked to see it but they got (and accepted) an offer on it just yesterday so I'm a bit disappointed. I'm sure none of those I am looking at now are even close to being right but, well, there's no rush. I have a job until March anyway so can't move imminently and, even then, I'm happy to wait it out until the right property comes along and that could be months or years. Meanwhile I am going to continue my bathroom revamp plans and getting on with life where I am. Sort of if the right place comes along at the right time, I'll go for it.

Awesome Picspam Jumble. I am so snurching some of them for my (newly found) art mojo. Perfect timing all round I'd say.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nope, no new pics - they've all been posted many times before I think he's too busy to email lately

I'm loving Sleepy Hollow - it's so ...... kind of twisted.... and I love the wit I must be the only person on the planet that's never read the book or seen the film, so I'm coming to it completely new and have no idea what to expect next

And Cags, still waiting to fix a date to go and WooHoo-ify Josi's new pad

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      The storm was fairly uneventful here, all things considered. Very windy but when I walked in to work this morning the roads were quiet, the sun was (mostly) out and there were just a lot of twigs and leaves on the ground, nothing substantial. Sounds like it was pretty awful elsewhere though so I think we got off lightly.

Would appreciate good thoughts tomorrow, Woohoos - it's my uncle's funeral Going to be a tough day
                      Just whipped in and out last time and missed this post. Sending belated but heartfelt hugs.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Jumble this Sleepy Hollow is totally different from the movie.
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          Jumble this Sleepy Hollow is totally different from the movie.
                          So true - I don't remember the headless horsemen being part of the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse". I think Damien Kindler and other writers are having a ball with it..... oh and episode 9 is going to be called SANCTUARY!

And also read - they have been picked up for season 2!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            So true - I don't remember the headless horsemen being part of the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse". I think Damien Kindler and other writers are having a ball with it..... oh and episode 9 is going to be called SANCTUARY!

And also read - they have been picked up for season 2!
                            Yup! And the actor is damn hot!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Happy Halloween everyone!
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                Yup! And the actor is damn hot!
                                He is! I didn't notice Damien Kindler's name in the credits until a few episodes in and then I said to myself "No wonder I like this show!"

Yes, it's different from the Tim Burton movie and the original story, but I think that's what makes it so good! It's a new take, and I love his culture shock and and the wit. When the teens at the library found out we were showing Sleepy Hollow last night for the teen movie, they thought it was the TV show until we explained it was a movie from when myself and the youth assistant were teens. They didn't show, which is a shame since the movie is great too.
                                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X