The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    good day! Sorry you didn't get any sleep last night Jumble. I hate it when that happens.

Laurie - I hung onto my little flip phone for just as long as I could. I never use it - just for emergencies and so forth. (If I racked up 10 minutes a month, that was a lot). The young man at the Verizon store mentioned that they were going to completely discontinue them in another year or two. It was just time for me to step into the 21st century That, and I wanted to be able to access some sites on the internet that are blocked on the school network, such as Gateworld.

Monday, I will be spending the day at a faculty retreat at Sea World. Part of me is looking forward to it very much, and part of me is a little worried about 1) so much sun and 2) so much walking (I hear ya Jumble!)
    Sea World - cool (except for the walking part) - you can always wear a hat or something!

At home I don't need a phone for the internet - and when I'm driving around I certainly don't even need the phone to ring - I won't answer it. I don't have that many years left and I would like to collect them all! One of these days I'll get a tablet for traveling and such. My phone is for just that - calls and occasional messages.... like trying to find someone in a hotel in Vancouver!

Besides, last night they had this story about the so called "smart phones"! People use apps to lock up their homes, cars, watch their kids, close garage doors, banking, etc.... and thieves use them to do the same - on your accounts! Apparently, it's not that hard and as the phone apps get more complicated - the theives figure out how to bust into them. One (smart thief) figures how to break the code and passes it onto the one that breaks into your home! I prefer the old fashioned way. It takes more effort and thieves like the newer methods apparently. The cops seem to catch the "old fashioned" crooks easier! No - what I have I want to keep!
    sigpic

Comment

So today I bought some buns at a local farmer's market made by a local bakery. Made me think of you all. Why? They are red wine buns! Very good and I don't even drink.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I was thinking of you guys and did this...

sigpic

Comment

Spent the day with a lot of relatives since it was my great aunt's bday.
          My French cousin is here with his little girl. She can't stay still for a minute! She keeps running and dancing!

Spoiler:

sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

she is such a cutie!
            sigpic

Comment

Aw, she certainly is

Woke up at 10.30 this morning so I'm all caught up

Red wine buns? That's just weird

Comment

I've heard of red wine bread - sometimes with rosemary, sometimes other things like figs and pine nuts. Actually sounds pretty good. I looked up some recipes, and I may try one at some point. I'm attempting to get back into cooking a little. Now that there's just the two of us, it's a good time to experiment with some of the wonderful Saveur cookbooks I picked up - one on French cuisine and one on Italian.
                sigpic

Comment

Changed your mind Laurie?

Comment

I found the wifi!

Have spent a relaxing day by the pool and down the beach -watching the baby camels

Seriously lovely hotel. Can see this week going by too fast!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

always the perfect place - when you can hang out in your preferred location (like the pool) and still have a wifi signal
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooh, a '69 page!

*hugs WooHoos*

Work is stupid. *nods*

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        Spent the day with a lot of relatives since it was my great aunt's bday.
                        My French cousin is here with his little girl. She can't stay still for a minute! She keeps running and dancing!

Spoiler:

[img ]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7247/a9dd.jpg[/img]
                        Aww! Look at those eyes

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        I found the wifi!

Have spent a relaxing day by the pool and down the beach -watching the baby camels

Yay!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          I found the wifi!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          always the perfect place - when you can hang out in your preferred location (like the pool) and still have a wifi signal
                          Hopefully, that will be me next week! *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Oooh, a '69 page!

*hugs WooHoos*

Work is stupid. *nods*
                          When it is not?*sigh*

* goes back to lurking*

Yay![/QUOTE]
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Changed your mind Laurie?
                            (oops!) NO! - decided not to publicize it so much! (apparently I was't that successful)!
                            Last edited by llp; 05 August 2013, 10:04 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Now I've managed to haul my laptop to the lobby while Ellie is dancing like a maniac at the disco - in 28C heat no less! Thought I'd share a pic of my view on the beach today. Spent most of the afternoon watching some seriously cute baby camels happily being bottle fed.

sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*iz not jealous, no not at all, as I hear the rain splashing down outside*

Seriously though, so glad to hear you're having a fantastic time! You deserve it
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X