• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    sounds legit

*nods*
    Definitely works for me

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Couple of hours! Mine takes about 2 minutes then I give it an extra 5 to prevent bumping them into something (at least for 5 minutes)! You don't use the "quick dry" type? Yesterday I put a pretty silver color on - same color/all nails!
    Ah, but it depends how many layers you use. I use a base coat (to prevent the varnish discolouring my nals), followed by two coats of colour, then two clear topcoats (diamond hard, to prevent chipping), that way it lasts for a couple of weeks I always give it a couple of hours to make doubly sure that it doesn't smudge.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it

Were back to our typical August weather here. Several days about mid 80's then rain and cooler on the weekend! But at least all days are weekends to me! And how did you manage to get 3 weeks off in a row.... hopefully that is good!
    My two full-timers went to Africa, originally for two weeks but they've extended it to three, and my part-timer's mum lost her job. Ergo, I got three weeks off, fully paid

Oh and as you can see - I'm back to my weird sleeping habits again. Those damn naps are going to be the death of me - or the end of my night sleeping - so it seems!
    I went a full 38 hours without sleep last week, for no apparent reason And last night I only got 5 hours because I didn't know that I had this week off and got up at 6am

Cags - love the vid! But please do tell him that 'non-beginners' are 'more experienced'

Just had an interview for a delightful 1yr old girl - should hear by the end of the week whether she'll be joining us in September

Comment

It was the fact he didn't know what a "not beginner" is that creased me up in giggles.

You can come paint my toenails next time they need doing. No point bothering with my fingernails; they're a lost cause.

Fingers crossed on the new girl.

I had a builder round yesterday to quote me for the work I need to do to prep for my new bathroom. I'm back to thinking "is it worth the expense". But need to see what the quote actually comes in at first and get a couple more done.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        It was the fact he didn't know what a "not beginner" is that creased me up in giggles.
        Me too

You can come paint my toenails next time they need doing. No point bothering with my fingernails; they're a lost cause.
        I never paint my toenails, mainly because I keep them very short so there's not much to paint

Fingers crossed on the new girl.
        She's seeing another minder on Thursday, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high. She did seem to take to me - was on my lap within about ten minutes - and they stayed for nearly two hours, usually a good sign. It wood be ideal hours for me, and both mum and child were really nice. We'll see

I had a builder round yesterday to quote me for the work I need to do to prep for my new bathroom. I'm back to thinking "is it worth the expense". But need to see what the quote actually comes in at first and get a couple more done.
        I think the question you need to ask yourself is 'How long do I intend to stay here?'. If you think it will be at least five years, then it's definitely worth getting the work done. If you think you will move sooner than that, then maybe not.

Comment

Totally.

Little video from my music loving son:

[video=youtube;Cw0scMblEuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw0scMblEuQ[/center]

Loved this Cags

Good luck with the new one Jumble

Discovered the local alcohol today, Bockha, vile tasting stuff reminds me of sake. But mix it with coke and you've got a passable drink!

Tomorrow, horse riding and the crocodile farm, 500 crocs at feeding time - this is what I get for letting Ellie choose our excursions!

Edit: There is a possibility I have had too much Bockha!

Hugs to ALL WooHoos!!
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Loved this Cags

Good luck with the new one Jumble

Discovered the local alcohol today, Bockha, vile tasting stuff reminds me of sake. But mix it with coke and you've got a passable drink!

Tomorrow, horse riding and the crocodile farm, 500 crocs at feeding time - this is what I get for letting Ellie choose our excursions!

Edit: There is a possibility I have had too much Bockha!

Hugs to ALL WooHoos!!
            Better sober up fast MR - you don't want to be getting those two ^^ muddled up

Comment

*pictures MR astride a crocodile*
              sigpic

Comment

Better sober up fast MR - you don't want to be getting those two ^^ muddled up
                To be honest I'm more looking forward to the crocs than the horses. And I swear the camels on the beach keep looking at me a bit funny!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                *pictures MR astride a crocodile*
                I have a response to this, but it's really not suitable for a PG forum. I blame the Bockha *hangs head in shame*
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*giggles*

Ben is so lovely! Might take up to playing the instrument now I know how the beginners do it.

*fingers crossed for the new girl Jumble*

MR lay off of the booze!
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Hey Jumble- I vote they pick you for the childminder (if that counts)!

And I always put on an undercoat, then usually 2 layers of color, but only one layer of top coat. But still, it is Sally Hansen - quick drying colors - and they literally dry within about 90 seconds although I try and keep my fingers safe for about 30 minutes. Like I said earlier, I have a silver color on but it seems thicker so only used one layer and a few areas of touch up.

And MR - don't lay off the booze - just not advisable around crocs!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

*fingers crossed for the new girl Jumble*
                      Thanks I'm quite a long way off her route to work, so it might be easier for her to go with someone else.

MR lay off of the booze!
                      Shame on you! WooHoos don't say that - and they certainly don't do it

I use Sally Hansen too Laurie

Comment

*Hidez MR's keys*

*side-steps ickybah*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          I have a response to this, but it's really not suitable for a PG forum. I blame the Bockha *hangs head in shame*

It's ok; we have enough combined Ickybahness to work it out for ourselves.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                          Ben is so lovely! Might take up to playing the instrument now I know how the beginners do it.
                          Yes. Harmonica lessons for you.

MR lay off of the booze!
                          Originally posted by llp View Post
                          And MR - don't lay off the booze - just not advisable around crocs!

I'm gonna side with option B.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilishMe
                            MR lay off of the booze!
                            It's ok; we have enough combined Ickybahness to work it out for ourselves.
                            MR & Cags - Always wise to listen to your elders!
                            Last edited by llp; 07 August 2013, 10:01 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Totally.

Little video from my music loving son:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw0scMblEuQ

Adorable! He's such a handsome little man.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Shame on you! WooHoos don't say that - and they certainly don't do it

I'm just worried about the camels!!!
                                Frankly I'm worried about the crocodiles as well...
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                                X