No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the good vibes for my Grandma. I haven't seen her today or heard anything (it's hard being far-ish away) so I don't think anything has changed.

And thank you for congratulating me on a non-69 *squish* I miss mine all the time anyways. Congrats on your 69 antoa

*offers gentle hugs for Jumble for when she returns* I hope it wasn't too painful today.

I didn't realise I could use a library - this is exciting! Thanks!

If I could just tear myself away from all the live coverage of the Olympics....
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      That was Antoa

Last night someone told me I'm a beautiful woman, so of course I laughed He gave me this really serious, intense look and said "I didn't mean your face, silly! I meant your heart, your soul and your personality!"

I'm still not sure if I should feel insulted or not

Lovely day lined up today - first the Dentist, then the Physio - I may need (gentle) hugs later
      Woops! Happy 69 post to Antoa then!

Huh, while I agree that you are a beautiful woman, it is a bit insulting to say that he didn't mean your face. What kind of person says that?

*hugs Jumble lightly* For later.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        Thank you for the good vibes for my Grandma. I haven't seen her today or heard anything (it's hard being far-ish away) so I don't think anything has changed.

And thank you for congratulating me on a non-69 *squish* I miss mine all the time anyways. Congrats on your 69 antoa

*offers gentle hugs for Jumble for when she returns* I hope it wasn't too painful today.
        Thanks The most painful thing was laying in the dentist's chair - killed my shoulder

The Physio did a thorough examination - really hands on rather than what the doctors did, just watching what movement I could do and what hurt - and after listening to the history she told me that I DON'T have a frozen shoulder Which didn't really surprise me because I've felt all along that my symptoms didn't quite fit with everything I'd heard and read about it (nothing at all about the constant tingling and electric-like shocks down through my arm and into my fingers) - I just kept telling myself I was in denial because if it was frozen shoulder it was going to take years to fix and I didn't want to believe that

Anywoo, she gave me a lovely massage, after which she checked everything again and I confirmed that the pain had lessened considerably and that the tingling had stopped. She is sure that what I have is nerve irritation at C6/C7, which can be fixed with specific exercises, different drugs and more massage. She reckons I will be free and clear long before January when my new baby comes - Wooohooooo!!! So I went straight to the doctors' surgery and insisted on seeing someone straight away, had another examination, then went to the chemist's for the new stuff Whilst waiting I was chatting to the chemist's assistant, saying I was going to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks. She looked at the large bagful of drugs I'd been given and said 'Bit like coals to Newcastle!'

Nola, feel free to say 'I told you so!' And I will be looking into getting some appointments at the Sports Centre

I didn't realise I could use a library - this is exciting! Thanks!

If I could just tear myself away from all the live coverage of the Olympics....
        If you're enjoying the Olympics, stay with it - the library will still be there when it's over

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
        Woops! Happy 69 post to Antoa then!

Huh, while I agree that you are a beautiful woman, it is a bit insulting to say that he didn't mean your face. What kind of person says that?
        Thank you, but I'm under no illusions regarding my face I'm sure he meant it really nicely, it probably just came out wrong

*hugs Jumble lightly* For later.
        Thank you

Comment

You're welcome, Jumble!

sigpic

Comment

massage is wonderful, and does amazing things to help I couldn't get into the massage therapist for a couple of weeks and boy, did it show! I've had the nerve/electric shock thingy down my arm before - no fun. Not the intense pain in the shoulder like you've had, Jumble, but enough to tell me that something was pinched. I take a muscle relaxant every night at bedtime. At first it seemed like an extreme measure when my doctor prescribed it, but I do sleep better and seem to have fewer migraines when I take it regularly.

As for being a beautiful person - it was lovely for him to say the bits about heart, soul, and personality, but why the heck say the part about not your face??? Hey, buddy, it's the total package that is beautiful - inside and out!
            sigpic

Comment

Hooray Jumble! Thank goodness for a decent physio, fingers crossed it will be feeling better soon.

Hooray for the house Laurie and a big whoop for Cap'n Tightpants

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                massage is wonderful, and does amazing things to help I couldn't get into the massage therapist for a couple of weeks and boy, did it show! I've had the nerve/electric shock thingy down my arm before - no fun. Not the intense pain in the shoulder like you've had, Jumble, but enough to tell me that something was pinched. I take a muscle relaxant every night at bedtime. At first it seemed like an extreme measure when my doctor prescribed it, but I do sleep better and seem to have fewer migraines when I take it regularly.
                I've got the muscle relaxant to take at bedtime too, plus some hourly exercises, so *fingers crossed* for it to take weeks rather than years

And I've just remembered that Becky is a trained masseuse, so I may be able to get it done a lot cheaper

As for being a beautiful person - it was lovely for him to say the bits about heart, soul, and personality, but why the heck say the part about not your face??? Hey, buddy, it's the total package that is beautiful - inside and out!
                He did look as if he realised he'd put his foot in his mouth Thinking about it, I guess what he did say was more of a compliment than just saying I have a pretty face

I asked the friend I was with if he'd just called my face ugly. She thought for a minute and said 'Well, you are in a lot of pain and it does show on your face.' Fair point

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Hooray Jumble! Thank goodness for a decent physio, fingers crossed it will be feeling better soon.
                Thanks I'm feeling a lot more positive now, and that alone should help. I've stopped contemplating the possibility of cancelling the trip - I'd hate to do that

Hooray for the house Laurie and a big whoop for Cap'n Tightpants
                Whoop indeed! Although I have no idea what the 'tightpants' thing is about, I'm grateful for it

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Jumble*
                  Good news. Well better, not good good but still
                  Yay for Amsterdam! (Which is coming up faster than I thought...)

*sends another dose of good vibes to Wendy's Grandma*

Did we have any plans for WooHoodStock this year? Earlier? Later? Not at all?
                  We could use a party.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nad, we could always use a party!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Jumble*
                      Good news. Well better, not good good but still
                      Oh, it is good news! The prospect of having this for the next 2 or 3 years was starting to look like a hill too far - I can cope with a few more weeks

Yay for Amsterdam! (Which is coming up faster than I thought...)
                      Two weeks tomorrow!!!

*sends another dose of good vibes to Wendy's Grandma*

Did we have any plans for WooHoodStock this year? Earlier? Later? Not at all?
                      We could use a party.
                      We hadn't made a decision about when - for me, later wood be better because I have a couple of weeks off when I get back from Amsterdam and will hopefully be feeling better and more able to get involved Atm, I can't sit comfortably long enough to do any artwork, so the more time you can give me the better

How about starting on the 24th August, and rolling until the 27th? That's a long week-end for us UKers
                      Last edited by Jumble; 02 August 2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Nad, we could always use a party!
                        This is true!

Oh, it is good news! The prospect of having this for the next 2 or 3 years was starting to look like a hill too far - I can cope with a few more weeks
                        Ah well, in that case I shall do a little happy shimmy for you

Two weeks tomorrow!!!
                        I guess I should plan something. Must sees. Must avoids.
                        ...Warn the local authorities...

We hadn't made a decision about when - for me, later wood be better because I have a couple of weeks off when I get back from Amsterdam and will hopefully be feeling better and more able to get involved Atm, I can't sit comfortably long enough to do any artwork, so the more time you can give me the better

How about starting on the 24th August, and rolling until the 27th? That's a long week-end for us UKers
                        Sounds OK to me.

Gives me some time to try and make artwork as well
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I will be gone for part of that, but I should be able to make it at some point. The Star Wars convention is being held a couple of hours from where I live again so I am going to that. I'm not going the whole time like a couple of years ago though.

sigpic

Comment

Evening all

Last night someone told me I'm a beautiful woman, so of course I laughed He gave me this really serious, intense look and said "I didn't mean your face, silly! I meant your heart, your soul and your personality!"

I'm still not sure if I should feel insulted or not
                            A very good guy friend of mine tells me frequently that when a man says something that could either be taken in a good way or a bad way, women should always take the compliment meaning as that's almost certainly what the man meant

This is true as well, but some publishing companies are limiting the number of times those digital copies can be checked out once the library purchases them. The license to lend them expires then and they have to purchase it again, draining their resources. Licensing is not cheap, it's one of the most expensive drains on a libraries budget, especially a small one. Not all companies do this though. I just can't remember the ones involved in the hullabaloo. But I may have just found my next paper topic, perhaps for my Collection Development class next Spring.
                            The publisher you're trying to remember is HarperCollins. A bunch of librarians made an excellent video rebuttal to the absurd "a book only lasts for 26 circulations" thing.

Thanks The most painful thing was laying in the dentist's chair - killed my shoulder

The Physio did a thorough examination - really hands on rather than what the doctors did, just watching what movement I could do and what hurt - and after listening to the history she told me that I DON'T have a frozen shoulder Which didn't really surprise me because I've felt all along that my symptoms didn't quite fit with everything I'd heard and read about it (nothing at all about the constant tingling and electric-like shocks down through my arm and into my fingers) - I just kept telling myself I was in denial because if it was frozen shoulder it was going to take years to fix and I didn't want to believe that

Anywoo, she gave me a lovely massage, after which she checked everything again and I confirmed that the pain had lessened considerably and that the tingling had stopped. She is sure that what I have is nerve irritation at C6/C7, which can be fixed with specific exercises, different drugs and more massage. She reckons I will be free and clear long before January when my new baby comes - Wooohooooo!!! So I went straight to the doctors' surgery and insisted on seeing someone straight away, had another examination, then went to the chemist's for the new stuff Whilst waiting I was chatting to the chemist's assistant, saying I was going to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks. She looked at the large bagful of drugs I'd been given and said 'Bit like coals to Newcastle!'
                            This is really good news, so pleased to hear that it shouldn't be such a horribly long slog to heal

Whoop indeed! Although I have no idea what the 'tightpants' thing is about, I'm grateful for it
                            Firefly reference

Sounds good to me
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              This is true!

Ah well, in that case I shall do a little happy shimmy for you
                              Do an extra one for me, by proxy

I guess I should plan something. Must sees. Must avoids.
                              ...Warn the local authorities...
                              Yeah..... I need to pm you all about that.....

Sounds OK to me.

Gives me some time to try and make artwork as well
                              Brilliant! Must be your turn for the invite, right?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Evening all

A very good guy friend of mine tells me frequently that when a man says something that could either be taken in a good way or a bad way, women should always take the compliment meaning as that's almost certainly what the man meant
                              I do think that's how he meant it........ otherwise why wood he have asked for my telephone number?

This is really good news, so pleased to hear that it shouldn't be such a horribly long slog to heal
                              Thanks, I feel a whole lot better just for knowing that

Firefly reference
                              Ah.....

Sounds good to me
                              Great

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Evening all

The publisher you're trying to remember is HarperCollins. A bunch of librarians made an excellent video rebuttal to the absurd "a book only lasts for 26 circulations" thing.

Firefly reference

Sounds good to me
                                HarperCollins! Yes, I thought that's what it was, but I couldn't remember for the life of me! Of course, I knew you'd remember. You're the only other person here who knows what the bloody hell I'm talking about. They've caused quite an uproar with that ludicrous policy of theirs.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X