No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* Amanda looks great and Martin looks awesome (and, yes, rightly proud )

Thanks for sharing them here Jumble.

Nola, I love today's bits, especially the first one.

I've just watched Woman In Black and...

spoilers for film
    Spoiler:

I don't get it?

Oh I mean great on the scares and jumps and all that but plot holes you could drive a double decker bus through. Starting with what the heck did Harry Potter Arthur Kipps have to go to the house in the first place when his boss had the will in front of him, right up to, why the heck did the woman in black see fit to "take" children in revenge for her son's death? mean, it's not like the townfolk had anything whatsoever to do with any of it?

Bit of a case of style over substance for me.

Now yesterday I watched Stardust (yeah, I know, how long has it sat on my DVD shelf unwatched ) and that was great!

Thank you for the weekend Jumble. By the way, Steve was complaining about being kept up late this morning. I hope that wasn't something to do with you? Hmm!
    sigpic

Comment

Loved Stardust too, fun movie
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Gorgeous aren't they? Definitely gave me the warm fuzzies

Now yesterday I watched Stardust (yeah, I know, how long has it sat on my DVD shelf unwatched ) and that was great!
        Told you!

Thank you for the weekend Jumble. By the way, Steve was complaining about being kept up late this morning. I hope that wasn't something to do with you? Hmm!
        The week-end was a much needed break for me, didn't want to come home

Darn! I told him to keep our little late night liaison to himself

According to the doctor, the agony I've been in for the last two weeks is 'probably' due to frozen shoulder, which can last anywhere from two months to four years She's referred me to a Physio (takes 6-8 weeks to get an appointment ), and in the meantime I'm to take large doses of anti-inflammatories and strong painkillers which are likely to make me sleepy and nauseous - great

Top ten helpful foods that have natural anti-inflammatory properties are: Kelp, turmeric, salmon, shiitake mushrooms, green tea, papaya, blueberry, extra virgin oil, BROCCOLI and sweet potato. See, we've always said it was good for us

Comment

*runs in with pompons and does a high kick*
          Go broccoli! Go broccoli!

*hugs Jumble for the shoulder*
          *wonders if MartinTherapy works anti-inflammatory too*

*hugs WooHoos*

If my Gimpy Mojo hadn't left me, I'd play with the AT and/or Martin pics but meh. All I've been doing digital 'art' wise, is funkying up nature pics.
          Last edited by DutchIndeed; 07 June 2012, 05:16 AM.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *runs in with pompons and does a high kick*
            Go broccoli! Go broccoli!

*hugs Jumble for the shoulder*
            *wonders if MartinTherapy works anti-inflammatory too*
            Insofar as it takes my mind off the pain - yes it does And I'm sure having warmed-up blood pumping through my shoulder is a good thing too

*hugs WooHoos*

If my Gimpy Mojo hadn't left me, I'd play with the AT and/or Martin pics but meh. : All I've been doing digital 'art' wise, is funkying up nature pics.
            Funkied up nature pics can be very useful as textures/backgrounds, so if you feel like sharing go post them on the AfA thread

And I had to double check my spelling there........

*hugs back*

Comment

Ouchy, Jumble *huggles* I had one of those once; it did get better quickly. I'd keep on with the voltarol (aka the Magic Cream) instead of popping anti inflammatories as that will be gentler on your stomach. Maybe it's worth you looking at having a massage too, see if that helps - nice warm hands giving you a good shoulder rub... hmm, perhaps best not mention that so soon after daydreaming about Martintherapy.

Seriously though, might be worth paying someone to manipulate it.

*waves at Luvnjoe lurking at the bottom... huggles*

I signed up to www.myfitnesspal.com yesterday. Good job too because if I'd done it a day or two earlier the nagging I would have got for that yummy Anderson's goodness would have been epic. It seems like a pretty good way to track what you eat and what exercise you do. So far it's reigned in my premenstrual desire to consume my own weight in chocolate.
              sigpic

Comment

I second the recommendation for a massage Jumble. I've started getting them again regularly and it makes a world of difference. I find that I can reduce the amount of medication I would otherwise have to take. Is it a cure-all? No. But it truly does help.

Look for a massage therapy SCHOOL in your area. They generally offer intern massages for extremely low rates. Interns are in the last few days / two weeks before getting their license. A commercial massage here costs anywhere from $45 - 75 an hour. I get an hour full-body massage for $20 at the massage school. As a teacher, I think that it's important to support students (of every variety) anyway.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  I second the recommendation for a massage Jumble. I've started getting them again regularly and it makes a world of difference. I find that I can reduce the amount of medication I would otherwise have to take. Is it a cure-all? No. But it truly does help.

Look for a massage therapy SCHOOL in your area. They generally offer intern massages for extremely low rates. Interns are in the last few days / two weeks before getting their license. A commercial massage here costs anywhere from $45 - 75 an hour. I get an hour full-body massage for $20 at the massage school. As a teacher, I think that it's important to support students (of every variety) anyway.
                  Hmmm - that sounds like a wonderful idea. Around here a good message costs about $60 to $75 bucks as well....too expensive to do on a regular basis. Hope your shoulder unfreezes quickly Jumble!

As for me - I've been given a splint to put on my middle finger (hopefully for only about 2 weeks). Apparently one of the tendons doesn't want to line up properly - little stinker! - so this is suppose to help. I can still bend the finger and all (well as much as it is bending right now) but it helps to straighten it and pust that onry old tendon back where it belongs. Only problem is the splint is made of plastic and it rubs against the other two fingers - so I've had to put "little covers" on them (a cloth type bandage cover) to keep them from being rubbed. Also doesn't interfere with anything. Other than that the fingers are healing and bending a little more each time I go to the therapist. Other words - slowly but definately healing!

Now - does anyone have a "slow down the rain" dance that they can perform for me and apparently most of the UK?
                  sigpic

Comment

Ouchy, Jumble *huggles* I had one of those once; it did get better quickly. I'd keep on with the voltarol (aka the Magic Cream) instead of popping anti inflammatories as that will be gentler on your stomach. Maybe it's worth you looking at having a massage too, see if that helps - nice warm hands giving you a good shoulder rub... hmm, perhaps best not mention that so soon after daydreaming about Martintherapy.

Seriously though, might be worth paying someone to manipulate it.
                    Unfortunately the Magic Cream isn't having a lasting effect, so I'll have to risk the stomach upset It should be ok as long as I remember to eat something before taking the meds. A massage wood be great, but I doubt my bank balance could cope at the moment

I signed up to www.myfitnesspal.com yesterday. Good job too because if I'd done it a day or two earlier the nagging I would have got for that yummy Anderson's goodness would have been epic. It seems like a pretty good way to track what you eat and what exercise you do. So far it's reigned in my premenstrual desire to consume my own weight in chocolate.
                    I haven't checked that out yet, and frankly the motivation to start the exercise plan has ebbed somewhat - I need to figure out a different regime, one that avoids all the arm-swinging for the time being

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

Thanks for the advice, but like I said ^^ cash is in short supply atm. Hopefully when I get the Physio appointment sorted I'll get a free shoulder massage at least

Comment

*hugs Jumble for the frozen shoulder*
                      *hugs for Laurie for the splint on the finger*
                      *extra huggles for you both*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Finally! The official Leo Awards pics are up.....

Me luuuuuuurves!

AHHHHH. I love the new photos!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      That doesn't look like looking Jumble... That's playing with them. And we all know that's way more enjoyable.

Love it!
                      Hehehehe.

And I always knew broccoli was a good thing!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Evening all

Gorgeous pictures of Amanda too! She always looks stunning *fangirl sigh*

Nola, I love today's bits, especially the first one.

I've just watched Woman In Black and...

spoilers for film
                        Spoiler:

I don't get it?

Oh I mean great on the scares and jumps and all that but plot holes you could drive a double decker bus through. Starting with what the heck did Harry Potter Arthur Kipps have to go to the house in the first place when his boss had the will in front of him, right up to, why the heck did the woman in black see fit to "take" children in revenge for her son's death? mean, it's not like the townfolk had anything whatsoever to do with any of it?

Bit of a case of style over substance for me.

Ohhh I love Stardust! Fabulous film! Have you read the book? I'd definitely recommend it if you haven't

*hugs Jumble and Laurie for painful shoulder/healing hand* Jumble really hope it doesn't last as long as they fear it might, that sounds awful
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs Laurie for the tendon*

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                          Insofar as it takes my mind off the pain - yes it does And I'm sure having warmed-up blood pumping through my shoulder is a good thing too
                          Well yes.

Funkied up nature pics can be very useful as textures/backgrounds, so if you feel like sharing go post them on the AfA thread

And I had to double check my spelling there........

*hugs back*
                          Meh. They're not that special
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            *hugs Jumble for the frozen shoulder*
                            *hugs for Laurie for the splint on the finger*
                            *extra huggles for you both*

AHHHHH. I love the new photos!

Hehehehe. And I always knew broccoli was a good thing!
                            (Also from Nad and Josi)!

Always appreciate the hugs - but I think Jumble needs all the extra ones right now!

I am healing, slowly as it is, so other then to keep you guys informed, I'm doing pretty good. Even in a better place right now! (Metaphorically) And my pain has been decreasing a lot the last few days as well...only the sneaky "gotcha" ones ever once in awhile right now!) But I can deal with those!
                            sigpic

Comment

Meh. Doesn't hugging hurt the shoulder even more?
                              You know... when not done by The Martin?

sigpic

Comment

oooh, Martinhugs ... nice thought

Today's bits:

and no Stargate...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X