The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waves back to jumble

I am still trying to process all the information. Guess I will come back to reality some time tomorrow
    sigpic
    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Yep - they sure chat a lot! Oh well, still love that pic of Martin's eyes.
      Oh yeah, that's one of my faves

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
      Waves back to jumble

I am still trying to process all the information. Guess I will come back to reality some time tomorrow
      SFN2

Spoiler:
      It took me two watches and a lot of thought to process it - it was so jam-packed with info and action

Comment

Hello....just wondered in to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! .... now wondering out.....see ya all later!

P.S. -
        Spoiler:
        Ended season 4 with a bangout show. I agree...looks like a just in case ending! But hopefully not!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Hello....just wondered in to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! .... now wondering out.....see ya all later!
          Happy New Year to you too Laurie

But please, stop wondering and just wander in and out

Comment

Dear Jumble,

Sorry if my minds wondering off in a thinking (and wondering) mode hasn't made me wander off a little as well....or you just can't stand not doing any editing and I've created a monster!
            sigpic

Comment

SFN
              Spoiler:

I had major issues with this season of Sanctuary, I don't think I've made that a secret. If this was the plan from the get-go, I really wish there had been more of a coherent arc leading up to it. It was a great episode, but might be too little too late as far as SyFy goes,I think, and that's a shame. I'm so frustrated that one of the best concepts on tv might not have the chance to develop any further, because the potential was not achieved, but I have to be 100% honest, I have to say that if it weren't for Amanda (and now Martin) I would have stopped watching the show around episode 5. Here's hoping that SyFy gives them a break and orders a season 5, and TPTB use it wisely.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I wanted to see if it was possible to do that cut out text effect with something other than text, so I tried it with brushes. It works! Also tried quick mask. Interesting.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Dear Jumble,

Sorry if my minds wondering off in a thinking (and wondering) mode hasn't made me wander off a little as well....or you just can't stand not doing any editing and I've created a monster!
                  I've always been a monster - you just keep supplying the fodder

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  SFN
                  Spoiler:

I had major issues with this season of Sanctuary, I don't think I've made that a secret. If this was the plan from the get-go, I really wish there had been more of a coherent arc leading up to it. It was a great episode, but might be too little too late as far as SyFy goes,I think, and that's a shame. I'm so frustrated that one of the best concepts on tv might not have the chance to develop any further, because the potential was not achieved, but I have to be 100% honest, I have to say that if it weren't for Amanda (and now Martin) I would have stopped watching the show around episode 5. Here's hoping that SyFy gives them a break and orders a season 5, and TPTB use it wisely.
                  SFN

Spoiler:
                  Really? I didn't know you were disliking S4 so much, I'm sorry for that I think it's been awesome - some of the best eps they've every made! But to each their own opinion

*hugs*

Nicely done Nola It's amazing what you can do with masks and brushes

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Love your experimenting, Nola!

Sanctuary Season 4:

Spoiler:
                    While I don't think this was the best season so far I do think it was the season in which the focus was on the story arc the most. I think that most eps actually had something to do with ''The Plan''.
                    Something I liked less was how in a few eps the big characters felt underused. Like Tesla in SFN 1 or Kate and some others. I did sometimes wonder what the use was to have them there. Some eps were packed with info and action, while others seemed to drag along a bit.

I did love the season and the decisions made were gutsy. Magnus having to sit out 113 years, potentially killing off Druitt and Biggie, making the last one a suicide terrorist, blowing up the Sanctuary and having your main characters in conflict in 13 eps? Love it.

Needed more of the Martin Touch, though.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *hugs WooHoos*

Love your experimenting, Nola!

Sanctuary Season 4:

Spoiler:
                      While I don't think this was the best season so far I do think it was the season in which the focus was on the story arc the most. I think that most eps actually had something to do with ''The Plan''.
                      Something I liked less was how in a few eps the big characters felt underused. Like Tesla in SFN 1 or Kate and some others. I did sometimes wonder what the use was to have them there. Some eps were packed with info and action, while others seemed to drag along a bit.

I did love the season and the decisions made were gutsy. Magnus having to sit out 113 years, potentially killing off Druitt and Biggie, making the last one a suicide terrorist, blowing up the Sanctuary and having your main characters in conflict in 13 eps? Love it.

Needed more of the Martin Touch, though.
                      Sacntuary Season 4

Spoiler:
                      See, I wasn't going to say that for fear of being assumed to be biased, but I did feel that Martin's influence was missing in a lot of eps. Having said that, I think Damian did an awesome job of the SFN two-parter - it scared me because he made the possibility of the end of Sanctuary feel very real If he wanted my jaw on the floor and my heart in my mouth - he got it!

As a whole, I think S4 was brilliant - I loved most of the eps (12 out of 13 in fact) and I couldn't say that about S3, so I'm happy

And to have a whole season without Druitt was....... weird

Comment

Just finished watching SFN Part 2

Spoiler:
                        Wow...just wow! What an incredibly powerful ep, to finish off what has been IMO the best season of Sanctuary so far. Just been catching up with some of the comments; lots of interesting discussion! I do have to admit it really did feel like a series ender, of course not that I woodn't be massively dissapointed to not see any more Sanctuary - there are quite a few sub-plots I wood like to see wrapped up - but it woodn't necessarily be the end of my world. It's exactly the kind of ending that leaves the audience on a happy and hopeful note. A few specific thoughts...

Teslen *squee* I can't say I'm a massive Tesla/Helen shipper, but the kiss between them was lovely and could really be interpreted in a multitude of ways. I think it was Max who said this could be the another version of Helen which is a great theory and I could certainly see Damien explaining it away like that. For me though, I still think it's the same Helen, but that Tesla was probably aware of (or had deduced) her intentions all along. Let's face it, we learnt from Will and Abby that Helen had hardly sequestered herself off from the world like she originally claimed so it woodn't surprise me if her second self was a lot more involved with Tesla throughout the 20th Century though he might have thought it was the first Helen? *uncrosses eyes* wibbly wobbly, timey wimey...

My other main concern is Biggie I didn't read the interview with Chris that was posted as I always try to stay completely spoiler free for Sanctuary, but have since gone back to take a look. You can see why MAD have tried to steer things away from Druitt for the 4th season, considering what a big role Biggie has had, but it seems to me to be crazy though for them to put such a lot of effort into his storylines and character development only then to kill him off at the end?? Crossing fingers that we *get* a fifth season, I think he'll be back and we'll see some more interesting storylines with all that's happened to him this season.

/takes discussion hat off

*looks around nervously*

Don't want to break GW

Comment

SFN

Spoiler:
                          Maybe I'm being dense, but I really didn't see anything significant in the Helen/Tesla kiss. Helen had a pretty good idea of what was coming, and that some of them may not survive, so why woodn't she give Tesla a fleeting goodbye/good luck kiss? No big deal *shrugs*

I did miss Druitt, but it was great to see Biggie having a much bigger part to play than we usually see - and what with CH's other show committments it just woodn't have been possible to have Druitt along as well We can't have everything But no, I don't think Druitt is dead. Hopefully we'll see him back again in S5

Comment

All spoilers relating to SFN

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            SFN

Spoiler:
                            Maybe I'm being dense, but I really didn't see anything significant in the Helen/Tesla kiss. Helen had a pretty good idea of what was coming, and that some of them may not survive, so why woodn't she give Tesla a fleeting goodbye/good luck kiss? No big deal *shrugs*
                            Spoiler:
                            That's what I mean - it could be interpreted in so many different ways. One of them being, Helen knew the probability of her not surviving was very high and just wanted to say goodbye to a lifelong friend. Another being it's a symbol of how much more than 'friends' their relationship is/could be/has been...lots of different interpretations available

Spoiler:
                            I did miss Druitt, but it was great to see Biggie having a much bigger part to play than we usually see - and what with CH's other show committments it just woodn't have been possible to have Druitt along as well We can't have everything But no, I don't think Druitt is dead. Hopefully we'll see him back again in S5
                            Spoiler:
                            *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Sacntuary Season 4

Spoiler:
                              See, I wasn't going to say that for fear of being assumed to be biased, but I did feel that Martin's influence was missing in a lot of eps. Having said that, I think Damian did an awesome job of the SFN two-parter - it scared me because he made the possibility of the end of Sanctuary feel very real If he wanted my jaw on the floor and my heart in my mouth - he got it!

As a whole, I think S4 was brilliant - I loved most of the eps (12 out of 13 in fact) and I couldn't say that about S3, so I'm happy

And to have a whole season without Druitt was....... weird
                              Martin:

Spoiler:
                              Meh. Say it if it's true.
                              Or, to pull it into a general thing... It somewhat showed that there was a variety of awesome directors.
                              They did a great job syncing things though. It's not like it was *that* visible.

It also bothers me that the only directors getting cameo's are Amanda and Robin. What did *they* ever do to deserve that? I'd love to see...
                              Lee.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

SNF

Spoiler:
                                I'm a little bit of a Helen/Nikola shipper, though that probably never showed, but the way I saw that kiss (after squeeing just a little) was that it was a '' hey we might just die so yeah...'' kind of thing. They love each other (as old friends/future lovers/people who just need to jump each other) and you know... The moment called for it.

I wood have done the same.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X