The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles woohoos*

Settled into my sister's house last night. I have a nice private little suite in the attic, but I miss Andi like crazy. It's even harder to be in limbo when you environment completely changes, though I will be back at the old apartment to sleep the next 2 days between work-shifts at the hospital.Right now, I'm trying to decide if I can stay in NYC and find job satisfaction or if I really do need to move to find it. I guess I should wait until this very busy period is over before making any major life decisions. I'm heading out to LA on Weds where I am going to squeeze Antoa really, really hard, have some interviews and try to get my mind partially functional.

Pol if you are keeping up on the thread, pm me your email addy so we can arrange lunch or something this weekend.

Sounds like the woohoo meet was so lovely. Lovely.

*squeezes everyone tight*
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Warm huggles to you MoB - no fun being up in the air (or up in the attic!) Glad you have a nice little suite for the time being. Remember it's only temporary. Things are on hold until something wonderful happens, right?

Jumble - you and your struggles with navigation make me laugh. I don't have one of those GPS thingys. I don't think I could listen to it. I'm not real good at taking instructions...

Early bits today:
      (for Jumble's navigating)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        HUGE thanks and huggles to Sarai for having us all at her lovely new home

And thanks to Dave (who smells really good when you hug him ) for putting up with us all again

Oma should be almost home by now........
        ^^What she said Thanks Sarai and Dave

Jumble, that sounds like the way I drive to yours. Surely you didn't go through Reading?!

MoB, glad to hear the move went smoothly, though I'm not surprised you're finding it hard moving away from Andi. *huggles you both* Have a fantastic time in LA and sending you positive vibes for the interviews
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Jumble. Poor Woody and poor Daniel. They fared better than my Satnav this weekend though; let's just say I'll be needing a new one... er... yeah.

So glad you all had an awesome time at Sarai's. Wish I could have been there but *sigh* work and life commitments dictated otherwise. My best mate was with me all last week as my unpaid baby sitter while I trawled over to tower Hamlets and back half the week - I worked 23 hours by the end of Tuesday... I only do 14 a week. Also explains why I haven't been around all week here. Anyway, that's that week over time to chill and finish a few projects.

How's everyone? Everyone who is not hungover anyway.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Warm huggles to you MoB - no fun being up in the air (or up in the attic!) Glad you have a nice little suite for the time being. Remember it's only temporary. Things are on hold until something wonderful happens, right?

Jumble - you and your struggles with navigation make me laugh. I don't have one of those GPS thingys. I don't think I could listen to it. I'm not real good at taking instructions...

Early bits today:
            (for Jumble's navigating)
            http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...vingthebus.jpg
            LOVE that

Fortunately, my navigational adventures make me laugh too, and I know I'll always end up getting where I'm going... eventually

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            ^^What she said Thanks Sarai and Dave

Jumble, that sounds like the way I drive to yours. Surely you didn't go through Reading?!
            Not through it, skirted round it

What gets me is that Daniel never takes me the same way twice - I think he just likes to keep me guessing

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Jumble. Poor Woody and poor Daniel. They fared better than my Satnav this weekend though; let's just say I'll be needing a new one... er... yeah.
            Poor Daniel and Woody??? They're busy having fun whilst I'm wondering how much longer until I can find a loo

What did you do to your SatNav?

So glad you all had an awesome time at Sarai's. Wish I could have been there but *sigh* work and life commitments dictated otherwise. My best mate was with me all last week as my unpaid baby sitter while I trawled over to tower Hamlets and back half the week - I worked 23 hours by the end of Tuesday... I only do 14 a week. Also explains why I haven't been around all week here. Anyway, that's that week over time to chill and finish a few projects.
            We definitely did!

Never mind, you'll be in the next one

Sorry you've had such a heavy week, but glad you had K to help you out with Ben And I bet the two of you emptied a few glasses too

How's everyone? Everyone who is not hungover anyway.
            I'll be fine once I've had a few hour's sleep - barely got six hours since Friday

Comment

Gentle reminder

WooHoo advents list 2011

15th: Jakie lgj
              16th: Nad
              22nd: Wendy
              24th: Jakie lgj
              25th: Sekrit

Comment

Glad all you WooHoos had such a great time.....but I do hope you were joking Jumble about driving under the influence!

Now all of you should be going to bed - some of you need to go to work tomorrow!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Glad all you WooHoos had such a great time.....but I do hope you were joking Jumble about driving under the influence!
                  Of course!

Now all of you should be going to bed - some of you need to go to work tomorrow!
                  I know, I know - I'm just trying to catch up on everything I missed whilst I was away

MoB - have a fabulous time with Antoa, and good luck figuring out which path to take

Comment

Of course!

I know, I know - I'm just trying to catch up on everything I missed whilst I was away
                    You can catch up tomorrow after you wake up....go to sleep Lady Jumble (hee hee) Time for beddie bye!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *hugs WooHoos*

Love the Advent, Jumble!

Acolyte
                      Spoiler:
                      I love where this is going! Very current topic with a Sanctuary twist to it. Can't wait to see the last few eps And yes. Biggie? I bet he has a plan... Oh, this is gooood.
                      Acolyte

Spoiler:
                      Oh yes, awesome storyline! I think he has a plan too - desperately hoping so!

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      drunken snip??
                      have one for me if you're drinking

I'm not keen on Marty either, I tend to call everyone I know 'hun' and sweetheart's a nice term of endearment
                      Never liked to hear him called Marty And he really IS a sweetheart

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      WHEEEEE!

You touched it?! squeak squeak squeak!
                      And so did you

What, she travels with it? You didn't put it in a safe like I suggested?
                      Josie, did you see "both" sides? Kinda of cool, isn't it!
                      Very cool! Very cute! Very sweet of him

*squishy huggles Martin*

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      *breezes in*

*huggles ALL of you*

There's another woohoomeet on? Hope you all (who are there) have a blast
                      Thanks - we did

I think he's gonna live. He's a real a$$ but I doubt they'd kill him off, I think his character has more mileage yet. Who do you think did it? I'm thinking perhaps Moira... or maybe Jai's dad (can't remember his name?!) hired someone to off him?
                      Yeah, too much to hope that they'd kill him off

I don't know, but I bet it's not any of the obvious suspects

And having just watched Corrie... I know you're not with me on the Carla/Peter thing but what I will say is I'm glad they showed she's not ready for anything after what Frank did to her. I was a little worried they were just going to hop into bed like nothing had happened and that would have irked me!

/randomsoaprant
                      Just watched it I'm glad they didn't do the deed either, for whatever reason - and I hope they never do

To be honest, I'm getting a little bored with both soaps atm - they're dragging out those storylines way too long IMO No doubt the Christmas eps will blow everything sky high as usual

Comment

You can catch up tomorrow after you wake up....go to sleep Lady Jumble (hee hee) Time for beddie bye!
                        I'm all caught up now, or will be in a few minutes when Doctors is finished

Lady, I'm no lady

Comment

What did you do to your SatNav?

It met with an unfortunate "accident" with the heel of my boot.

To be fair, it was a cheap, nasty Ebuyer job, the charger lead was busted (and it only keeps about an hour of power in battery so a bit of a necessity) and the "off" button had broken and I had it apart trying to fix it before it "fell" from my grasp and I misstepped on it. The irony of it is, every time I've gone to Camber, it's taken me 3+ hours and the SatNav (taking me the fastest route) has always taken me a really, horribly long and slow way round and I've got lost trying to defy it and go the way I know I really want to go. Not having it this time and having to rely on good old sense of direction and remembering where places actually are in relation to each other... I got there in an hour and 45 minutes and didn't get lost once. Huh!

We did have a good week yes, once the work was out the way. My nephew and his boyfriend came over one night and we had a bit of a sesh and a *cough* moan about whether or not doing the school run ought to be on a general household chores rota if your basically a lodger (I said no way... well actually what I said was a lot ruder and b!tchier than that but GW probably wouldn't let me post it ) Anyway I ended up kicking them out at quarter to 5, which is all well for them who we off work and could lay in bed all day but not so for me who had a school run to do and no lodger to delegate it to. We then spent the day shopping 'til we dropped (er, literally) and even then couldn't have an early one as we had guests over. Haven't really stopped since last Wednesday but am going to skive take some lieu time off work tomorrow and go back to bed for a couple of hours, then get up and finish my Advent stuff.

Urgh, I think I missed a page earlier as I didn't see MOB and Nolamon's posts.

Loving the hippy bus Nola.

*huggles* MOB. it's hard being in a state of change and not knowing which way to be pulled. Perhaps, as you say, get the busy/silly season out the way and things will become a bit clearer for you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Day 12 is by Sarai....

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              It met with an unfortunate "accident" with the heel of my boot.

To be fair, it was a cheap, nasty Ebuyer job, the charger lead was busted (and it only keeps about an hour of power in battery so a bit of a necessity) and the "off" button had broken and I had it apart trying to fix it before it "fell" from my grasp and I misstepped on it. The irony of it is, every time I've gone to Camber, it's taken me 3+ hours and the SatNav (taking me the fastest route) has always taken me a really, horribly long and slow way round and I've got lost trying to defy it and go the way I know I really want to go. Not having it this time and having to rely on good old sense of direction and remembering where places actually are in relation to each other... I got there in an hour and 45 minutes and didn't get lost once. Huh!
                              Ah, see I bought a good quality (and quite expensive) SatNav because the cheapy that I was given before it was rubbish And I didn't realise that it had been programmed to make my journeys so.... interesting

It's ok for you people who actually have a sense of direction - I couldn't get past the end of my road with Daniel

We did have a good week yes, once the work was out the way. My nephew and his boyfriend came over one night and we had a bit of a sesh and a *cough* moan about whether or not doing the school run ought to be on a general household chores rota if your basically a lodger (I said no way... well actually what I said was a lot ruder and b!tchier than that but GW probably wouldn't let me post it ) Anyway I ended up kicking them out at quarter to 5, which is all well for them who we off work and could lay in bed all day but not so for me who had a school run to do and no lodger to delegate it to. We then spent the day shopping 'til we dropped (er, literally) and even then couldn't have an early one as we had guests over. Haven't really stopped since last Wednesday but am going to skive take some lieu time off work tomorrow and go back to bed for a couple of hours, then get up and finish my Advent stuff.
                              on the lodger reference

Glad you had fun to balance up the hard work

Enjoy your lieu time today - can't wait to see what you do with it

Comment

Mr and Sarai, love the advents!
                                (And how awesome is it to see the different styles?)

Glad the WooHoo Meet was fun. I was so worried it woodn't be.

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs MoB for the move*
                                *hugs Cags' SatNav*

Oh Jumble... Woody and Daniel just love those roundabouts.
                                ...and the countryside.
                                ...and trees.
                                Lots of trees.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X