The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    Hrmmm... has MoB also been 'adopted' by a friendly Brit to cut down on bank transfer fees....

This is all so sudden, but I know I have the money in my savings (at the very least) so I can pay for it January. And I do plan on going unless some unforeseeable circumstance prevents it (though even unemployment didn't prevent me from AT4 and AT5 thanks to careful planning and a healthy savings account (and a few wonderful friends who treated me to dinner!)) I do plan on 'paying it forward' now that I am employed. Maybe even participate in the auction!
    Sudden indeed You woodn't believe the number of texts and pm's that have been flying around here this evening

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Friendly Brits are so... friendly!
    We are - especially us British WooHoos

I'm psyched to go again, it was such a lovely time last time. Though I have the feeling this time I'll be flying in thursday morning and leaving monday. I'm going to be so wicked jet-lagged.
    So you could manage to squeeze in a little trip to Anderson's then?

OTOH- Just got off the phone with a travel nursing company and I may be working in LA or Seattle doing some L&D nursing from Dec-Feb for 13 weeks. This would be AWESOME, because the first 3 months of the mw program are distance, and travel nursing companies pay for your housing & utilities +stipend for the three months, so the only things I'll have to pay for are cable/internet and car/gas expenses. This means I could essentially save most of what I'm earning for the months in Vancouver (about 6 of them) when I will not be getting paid to work. *fingers crossed* This would be so great and would leave my savings largely intact.
    *crosses fingers too* Sounds great!

Antoa- you still interested in working on that auction project we had talked about at AT5?
    Oooooh! Intrigue!

*waves to Wendy and does a sekrit happy dance*

Comment

Friendly Brits are so... friendly!

I'm psyched to go again, it was such a lovely time last time. Though I have the feeling this time I'll be flying in thursday morning and leaving monday. I'm going to be so wicked jet-lagged.

OTOH- Just got off the phone with a travel nursing company and I may be working in LA or Seattle doing some L&D nursing from Dec-Feb for 13 weeks. This would be AWESOME, because the first 3 months of the mw program are distance, and travel nursing companies pay for your housing & utilities +stipend for the three months, so the only things I'll have to pay for are cable/internet and car/gas expenses. This means I could essentially save most of what I'm earning for the months in Vancouver (about 6 of them) when I will not be getting paid to work. *fingers crossed* This would be so great and would leave my savings largely intact.

Antoa- you still interested in working on that auction project we had talked about at AT5?
      Indeed they are

You in LA for 3 months would be awesome! But I understand if you would want to be closer to Vancouver

And yes! I am still interested in trying to pull something together (a booklet and a box?). I plan on also doing an item for the auction. I should also work out if I can do a shaved nubbin...

Comment

Still waiting for your sprite

Comment

*flops into thread*

Hey Woohoos

I'm all done with the library visits! Home tomorrow! It's been absolutely amazing but completely exhausting and I'm looking forward to getting back to normal life and actually being able to keep up with you guys! Although today has been quite the text/PM fest trying to get AT6 registration sorted Thank heavens for the wifi on the Massachusetts trains!

*huggles you all*
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

MoB, give me a shout if you end up in LA!
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*waves*

I'm waking up in 7 hours to pre-reg for AT6. Eeee.
              Unless something happens between now and november 2012, you should be seeing me there as well! I'm so excited! Not too much notice at all, but hey, that's something for decision making. I want to go, I sort of can, so I'm going. I'll be tight on expenses for a while (until I know what's happening in January with my job), but I have savings and I really want to go. So, I'll make it happen.

I SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!

Sounds awesome indeed! Fingers crossed for you!
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I'm really happy for all the lucky folks who will be going to AT6. There's no way I can make the trip, I have to face reality (although I thought about it long and hard!). If it were in summer, I could probably do it - heck, I'd FIND a way to do it! But November is just not a possibility with my teaching schedule. One of the lovely things about teaching is the long vacation time, but it's only at one time of the year - you can't schedule it any other time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  *waves*

I'm waking up in 7 hours to pre-reg for AT6. Eeee.
                  Unless something happens between now and november 2012, you should be seeing me there as well! I'm so excited! Not too much notice at all, but hey, that's something for decision making. I want to go, I sort of can, so I'm going. I'll be tight on expenses for a while (until I know what's happening in January with my job), but I have savings and I really want to go. So, I'll make it happen.

I SO CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!

Sounds awesome indeed! Fingers crossed for you!
                  WooHooood! It'll be Awesome to meet you

Assuming we get tickets that is

*hugs Nola* AT's events always seem to be outside the school holidays. Lucky for me I don't work Fridays so won't need to get time off

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I'm really happy for all the lucky folks who will be going to AT6. There's no way I can make the trip, I have to face reality (although I thought about it long and hard!). If it were in summer, I could probably do it - heck, I'd FIND a way to do it! But November is just not a possibility with my teaching schedule. One of the lovely things about teaching is the long vacation time, but it's only at one time of the year - you can't schedule it any other time.
                    I'm sure you'll get to meet her another time. There are some conventions during summer too. *hugs* And who knows, maybe one of us will be there as well?

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    WooHooood! It'll be Awesome to meet you

Assuming we get tickets that is
                    It wood () be awesome indeed!

Yes, there's that. Which is why I'm waking up at 4. There's no waiting until I actually get up (which would be 2 hours later usually).
                    sigpic

Comment

A quiet Friday night....probably because everyone is going to bed early so they can make their preregistration tomorrow.

I too wish there was more time, but you have to do what you have to do. Still looking forward to seeing everyone again at AT6 and seeing some of the people (and WooHoos) I have talked to online but never met before. Going to be a fun weekend.

Good luck for everyone getting reservations.....hope everyone gets one that wants one!

LadyGalaxyJ - so glad you are going - will be nice to meet you in person!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        A quiet Friday night....probably because everyone is going to bed early so they can make their preregistration tomorrow.
                        I should be doing that too...
                        Oh well, I'll be tired at work. Coffee it will be tomorrow morning.

I too wish there was more time, but you have to do what you have to do. Still looking forward to seeing everyone again at AT6 and seeing some of the people (and WooHoos) I have talked to online but never met before. Going to be a fun weekend.

Good luck for everyone getting reservations.....hope everyone gets one that wants one!

LadyGalaxyJ - so glad you are going - will be nice to meet you in person!
                        I'm looking forward to meeting you too! (And everyone else who will be going!) The people are more than half the reason why I want to go so bad. I keep telling myself I'll meet Amanda, but truth is, t I could do that at many other cons close to home. But the reason that keeps popping back about why I chose AT6 was THE PEOPLE. And I already know I won't regret it!

*crossing my fingers so that everyone who wants a ticket has one*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          I should be doing that too...
                          Oh well, I'll be tired at work. Coffee it will be tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to meeting you too! (And everyone else who will be going!) The people are more than half the reason why I want to go so bad. I keep telling myself I'll meet Amanda, but truth is, t I could do that at many other cons close to home. But the reason that keeps popping back about why I chose AT6 was THE PEOPLE. And I already know I won't regret it!

*crossing my fingers so that everyone who wants a ticket has one*
                          Everyone should be able to get tickets during this round. Amanda has been at a lot of cons recently so some people will be satisfied with that. Others won't come because of the expense - which I so understand. AT5 didn't sell out until near the end, so I'm assuming we will all get tickets. The cocktail party is up for grabs, of course. But most people are happy just to be at the con.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Everyone should be able to get tickets during this round. Amanda has been at a lot of cons recently so some people will be satisfied with that. Others won't come because of the expense - which I so understand. AT5 didn't sell out until near the end, so I'm assuming we will all get tickets. The cocktail party is up for grabs, of course. But most people are happy just to be at the con.
                            Ok!

And re-bolded - Yeah. :/ Almost decided not to go, but as I've been making up my mind over it for a few months, it was hard not to. I'll suck it up, find a way to make it happen, and go. Period.
                            sigpic

Comment

Whoa Jumble - we so missed my "69 post this time! Do I have to wait until next time around!
                              sigpic

Comment

LGJ so glad you're going to come to AT6! Will be awesome to meet you!
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X