Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    'Not available in this area' is what they keep telling me

Hmm, can't help thinking that fob off billybull.

Niice rant mind! Really love it when you get all fired up about stuff. You do it so well!

I still think you should accept that extension though.

Register your phone numbers here: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html It will drastically reduce the amount of annoying cold calling you get. You still have the odd one who slips through but the moment you say "Do you realise this number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service?" most of them get all apologetic and hang up.

I don't get any now - except where I've given out my number (usually on an online form that I've filled out somewhere). Although I do keep getting one cold caller from 3 mobile... on my 3 PAYG phone - some guy in India trying to sell me a phone/contract I neither need nor want. And they got my number because I stupidly registered it with 3 mobile so I could top up on line (which wouldn't be so bad except their on line top up never bloody works and I always end up having to phone them! )

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Uhoh - hearing complaints - better go feed the cats. See ya all later!

Boy those kitties really crack the whip! Mine just sit there staring - first in a curious way and progressively more malevolent - at me until I cave in and feed them... then one bolts it wanders off and throws up on the carpet. yes, despite all the solid flooring.

*waves to MOB* Good to hear you and Josi having a good time. I'm going to check out your link in a bit.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Oh one quick question for all - I was on twitter and there is a lot of chatter about some ugly rumor about Amanda and the stunt guy BamBam. I don't know what it is about but they are really complaining about whoever started it....anyone know what that is about? I know curiousity killed the kitty....what can I say!
      There's a guy who keeps writing rude comments about AT and her family. AT's fans started to support Amanda, included the stunt. Though I don't think that this guy is completely sane since half of his tweets don't have any sense
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Hmm, can't help thinking that fob off billybull.
        Must admit, I haven't asked about it lately - maybe I should give them a call

Niice rant mind! Really love it when you get all fired up about stuff. You do it so well!

I still think you should accept that extension though.
        I do?

Hm. Extension - trip to Vancouver - extension - trip to Vancouver........

No contest!

Register your phone numbers here: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html It will drastically reduce the amount of annoying cold calling you get. You still have the odd one who slips through but the moment you say "Do you realise this number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service?" most of them get all apologetic and hang up.

I don't get any now - except where I've given out my number (usually on an online form that I've filled out somewhere). Although I do keep getting one cold caller from 3 mobile... on my 3 PAYG phone - some guy in India trying to sell me a phone/contract I neither need nor want. And they got my number because I stupidly registered it with 3 mobile so I could top up on line (which wouldn't be so bad except their on line top up never bloody works and I always end up having to phone them! )
        I'll give it a try, but I won't hold my breath. I've registered with one of those before and it made no difference

Boy those kitties really crack the whip! Mine just sit there staring - first in a curious way and progressively more malevolent - at me until I cave in and feed them... then one bolts it wanders off and throws up on the carpet. yes, despite all the solid flooring.

*waves to MOB* Good to hear you and Josi having a good time. I'm going to check out your link in a bit.
        Oh yes, I've seen that look

And trodden (barefoot) in the resulting mess on the carpet

Comment

When I had a home phone (dropped it with the move and we are strictly on cell phones now) I registered it with the US "Do Not Call" list and I hardly ever got sales calls - the only ones I did get were from my cable company trying to up sell me on more services (since I was a customer they are exempt from adhering to the list) and from charity organizations looking for donations (also exempt). I have since asked to be removed from the sales list for the cable company as well. It's so nice not to get those calls! (Non-existant now that I don't have an land line).

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            There's a guy who keeps writing rude comments about AT and her family. AT's fans started to support Amanda, included the stunt. Though I don't think that this guy is completely sane since half of his tweets don't have any sense
            Yep, knew it had to be some looney-toon

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            When I had a home phone (dropped it with the move and we are strictly on cell phones now) I registered it with the US "Do Not Call" list and I hardly ever got sales calls - the only ones I did get were from my cable company trying to up sell me on more services (since I was a customer they are exempt from adhering to the list) and from charity organizations looking for donations (also exempt). I have since asked to be removed from the sales list for the cable company as well. It's so nice not to get those calls! (Non-existant now that I don't have an land line).
            Unfortunately it's not practical for me to lose my landline - mobile signal up here is very hit and miss - besides, my landline calls are all free, don't fancy paying a mobile bill

Comment

Popping in from a long absence just to say "hi" to all my lovely Woohoo friends.

Ahhhh vacations are wonderful things! I almost feel human again.

I'll be back when I finish catching up on the 40+ pages I've missed. My goodness y'all talk a lot.

*squishy huggles to all*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                Popping in from a long absence just to say "hi" to all my lovely Woohoo friends.

I'll be back when I finish catching up on the 40+ pages I've missed. My goodness y'all talk a lot.

*squishy huggles to all*
                Glad you enjoyed your vacation, but good to see you back Especially since you're about to hit a 69

Comment

Hello lovely Woohoos!

Lovely invite!

I hate sales calls. We tried subscribing to list, but it never worked exactly. They are good for three months, then you had to call back to be on the list again. Ugh.

As for the documentary, I almost got teary. Almost. *sniffles* If I see it around here, I'll be sure to record it for you all.

Dee - I had to laugh at your new avi/sig. Surprised me!

*waves to Estrela*
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I was a bit down today and just at the right moment some of my friends texted me and cheered me up again!

*huggles Estrela* Good to see you again!

I also hate all those phone calls about that stuff! Thankfully since I got my cellphone in my dad's package(was cheaper that way) I haven't gotten any of those calls! Also at home we haven't had any in quite a while*knocks wood*...but I also think we're registered in the "do not call" list that there is in the Netherlands.
                    sigpic

Comment

I see Joe has finally got himself back to Vancouver - hopefully he'll be happier now
                      Oh good for him!

Glad you enjoyed your vacation, but good to see you back Especially since you're about to hit a 69
                      And then she's gone. Leaving you with the banner...

Welcome back, Estrela!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      As for the documentary, I almost got teary. Almost. *sniffles* If I see it around here, I'll be sure to record it for you all.
                      You should be able to see it on the website

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      I was a bit down today and just at the right moment some of my friends texted me and cheered me up again!

I also hate all those phone calls about that stuff! Thankfully since I got my cellphone in my dad's package(was cheaper that way) I haven't gotten any of those calls! Also at home we haven't had any in quite a while*knocks wood*...but I also think we're registered in the "do not call" list that there is in the Netherlands.
                      Don't knock Wood!

And if you need some more cheering up...

Bestest Band combined with Bestest Ship!

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

We had a lovely time. Hope you like the story! She's an amazing role model. *hugs you*

Originally posted by Estrela View Post

*squishy huggles to all*
                        Welcome back!
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          Hello lovely Woohoos!

Lovely invite!
                          Thanks

I hate sales calls. We tried subscribing to list, but it never worked exactly. They are good for three months, then you had to call back to be on the list again. Ugh.

Like Nad said, you should be able to see it on the CBC website as you're in Canada

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Friends are good at that Glad they've cheered you up

I've registered on the link that Cags posted, so we'll see if it works - takes 28 days to kick in apparently

I've been reading back on the thread from last June/July - Coopie was leaving Stargate, Wednesdays were full of RDA pics, and Sarai and I were counting down the last 40ish days to TSE

Comment

Good Evening WooHoos!

You've all been a busy bunch again today, I see. Several pages to read. Sounds like Josi's having a good time in NY. Everyone is looking forward to MoB's move to Van. EH-T is still a Luddite. Jumble cannot get rid of sales calls. (Too bad you don't have the Do Not Call list like here in the States - if they call you after you're on the list they get fined big time)

I gave tests today in both economics and sociology. Most of the kids did well for a change. AND I'm getting lots of late work in, so more of them are going to be passing - even better. Tomorrow night is Open House, so I will likely be at school until 9 pm. ugh.
                            sigpic

Comment

*skips in happily*

Hello all! Wow. Threads been busy since I was last here! Watched that ship documentary trailer. Very tear inducing, but also looks like its a good film. Vaguely remember when it happened, and had some friends doing semester at sea at that time, so it brought some interesting topics of conversation up at that time. Thanks for posting.

First day of Graduate School! so cool. First day in Archeology collections lab we looked at a ptolemaic mummy, and began an experiment on labeling to see how permenant so called "permenant" pens and markers are on different surfaces and conditions. We shall see...

Good luck to all with everything going on and hugs all round.

((Woohoos))
                              *dashes out*

Comment

Hey Woohoos! I've missed you the past few days - my Internet connection was a little flaky in my New York hotel so I couldn't check in, but I have now arrived in Boston and this wifi seems much more reliable! Hope all's well with everyone

Still having a fantastic trip, learning loads and everyone I've been meeting has been so welcoming. Plus MoB and I had a lot of fun out on the town in NYC the last few days Heading into the last few days now before I fly home and can get back to my regular presence on the thread

*squishy huggles you all*
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X