The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Perhaps it is because I am old and jaded but I was not overwhelmed by meeting AT. I was certainly interested to meet her and she is an impressive person but I'm not star struck by anyone. No, Jumble, not even Martin.
    I don't think I've ever been 'star-struck' as such, but I think with Martin it was such a shock to find that he knew so much about me and had wanted to meet me that I was completely overawed

Meeting Amanda at AT5 was like meeting an old friend - she's just so 'normal' with her fans
    Last edited by Jumble; 16 August 2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

*noms food*
      *drinks wine*
      *admires art*
      *huggles Woohoos*
      *curls up on the couch and goes to sleep*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Lots 'o loverly art...good fairy tale Jumble, being a newbie I'd never seen it before, so thanks for sharing it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't you know that since Ricky's is trying to upgrade their image, they no longer carry the Ben Nye stage blood, despite carrying the rest of the line. Ah well, I can pick some up this weekend.

Keep the art coming y'all!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I couldn't resist posting this:

Gate 14 in the Denver Airport: An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in Denver for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you!

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!".

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not much of an artist, so I'll drop in with some fics for the celebration.

Of Fruit Loops, Princesses, and Contentment. Sam/Jack. Rated G.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Wow, this thread can sure move quick!

Loved hearing about everyone who's met Amanda...
                am I the only one on this thread who hasn't had the pleasure?! *pouts*

The nearest I've come to contact with any of PTB is when I graduated my sister tweeted to the Sanctuary guys/gals and Damien retweeted and said well done to me I was pretty chuffed with that

Loved the story a few pages back, and loving all the art! This thread always manages to put a goofy smile on my face
                sigpic
                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  I couldn't resist posting this:

Gate 14 in the Denver Airport: An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in Denver for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo...
                  LMAO, would love to have seen that!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  I'm not much of an artist, so I'll drop in with some fics for the celebration.

Of Fruit Loops, Princesses, and Contentment. Sam/Jack. Rated G.
                  Yay for fic! *scuttles off to read*
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, another day has passed and still nothing! I thought this one would work but it has the sun heating it all day long making the place really hot even with an overhead fan. Plus there was no place to put my big tv because the best wall had a wood burning fire place. I don't burn wood in a fireplace...I don't like having to clean it up! and the biggest negative - two dead bugs inside the place and a bunch of not nice looking ants walking along the walls just outside the door. Feels like this place is built over an ant hill or something.

Looked at another place the living room wasn't even big enough to put my couch in. Did go across the street from where I live now and found a really nice place, but it was many of hundreds dollars more than I wanted to pay (and I already raised my limit)!

The PTB are not cooperating - come on guys, I need to find a place! I've already packed over half my stuff.

But thanks everyone for all the well wishes! Always appreciate that!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      Loved hearing about everyone who's met Amanda...
                      am I the only one on this thread who hasn't had the pleasure?! *pouts*
                      Nope, I've never had the pleasure either. I live vicariously, enjoying the tales of others.
                      sigpic

Comment

What a bummer, Laurie. It stinks that you can't stay in your current place since you seem to like it so much. I hate moving. Hate it, and I've got a big one coming up, so I feel your pain.

I keep going back on photo-ops/autos at D*C. But wow, are they expensive this year. I read that last year Edward James Olmos charged $60 for his. He was the only one I was considering getting this year because last time I got Mary to sign 1/2 of a hilarious Adama/Roslin cartoon I made, and I think it would be awesome to get Eddie to sign the other half.

I don't know what the Sanctuary gang is charging, but their photos ops are crazy expensive IMO, so I think I'll be passing on those. I was thinking about doing a Chris/Amanda shot, but at $99, that's $99 less for the moving fund. So- I'll have fun with my costumes and my friends and maybe swing by the walk of fame to say hi. Possibly an auto, but probably not. I'm actually looking forward to the costuming and writing tracks this year more than the TV tracks.

I wonder if they will be doing anything for S4K at the con? They should really have a table to promote it among other fandoms. Maybe next year?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Well, another day has passed and still nothing! ...a bunch of not nice looking ants walking along the walls just outside the door. Feels like this place is built over an ant hill or something.
                          Sorry to hear the place wasn't as you'd hoped. As for the ants - any sign of them anywhere near the place/inside and I would recommend avoiding like the plague. (Unless you're one of those weirdos people who like bugs.

I had a really bad experience in one of the places I stayed in when I was living on campus at uni. They offered to move me into a bungalow (as it would better accommodate the motobility scooter I had at the time). I saw a few ants when I looked round the place but they weren't in my room so I thought nothing of it. Was only in there two days when I woke up to a massive infestation in my room (and they tried to say I must have moved something in that attracted them I'm a clean freak and I don't eat a lot of sugary snacks). They were all over my stuff / clothes / computer etc. Nightmare.

Hopefully something will come up soon. No fun living out of boxes!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Nope, I've never had the pleasure either. I live vicariously, enjoying the tales of others.
                          Well, then I feel better
                          *pulls chair up to sit beside you*
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know what the Sanctuary gang is charging, but their photos ops are crazy expensive IMO, so I think I'll be passing on those. I was thinking about doing a Chris/Amanda shot, but at $99, that's $99 less for the moving fund. So- I'll have fun with my costumes and my friends and maybe swing by the walk of fame to say hi. Possibly an auto, but probably not. I'm actually looking forward to the costuming and writing tracks this year more than the TV tracks.

I wonder if they will be doing anything for S4K at the con? They should really have a table to promote it among other fandoms. Maybe next year?
                            gosh, that is pricey!!

And forgive me ignorance, but... what's the 'walk of fame' ??
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                              gosh, that is pricey!!

And forgive me ignorance, but... what's the 'walk of fame' ??
                              The walk of fame is where the actors/authors/etc set up a table to sign autos and say hi to the fans who queue up for the honor. I am sure Amanda's table will be mobbed this year the way Mary McDonnell's was 2 years ago. I have to admit that it is rockin awesome to see tons of young girls (and grownups too!) queuing up for the HBIC's over 40.
                              sigpic

Comment

The walk of fame is where the actors/authors/etc set up a table to sign autos and say hi to the fans who queue up for the honor. I am sure Amanda's table will be mobbed this year the way Mary McDonnell's was 2 years ago. I have to admit that it is rockin awesome to see tons of young girls (and grownups too!) queuing up for the HBIC's over 40.
                                Ahhh! I see.
                                And I'm sure AT's table will be mobbed too I adore AT - and Mary McDonnell as well! (first saw her in battlestar, she's awesome).

Autograph wise... is there any way of getting autographs by post? I'd love AT's (as all main cast of Sanctuary)... but wasn't sure whether or not you could only get them in person.

I've seen pics on the net that say they're signed by her but I'm always a little skeptical about those
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X