The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening lovely Woohoos!

LJ - I think too that Woohoo is a great name.

Bekki - How did the audition go?

Jumble - Lovely invite! I can't wait to see so many sigs around the thread. (Though my internet won't like seeing so many! )

Random posting works for me too. And I'll make sure to keep at least one okay-looking sig to post after the horrible ones.

Also, I have to tell you something that happened today because it was adorable. I was at my dance school and we were doing this little home made show at the end of the week for the parents of the kids dancing. The little sister of one of the girls dancing was one of my students this year and when she saw me at the end of the show, she ran right pass her sister to hug me. It was adorable! My heart melted.

*huggles Woohoos*
    I hope you all had a great day!

And Jumble, I hope that virus wasn't so bad today?
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      Interesting! Me iz intrigued. Thanks

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      Evening lovely Woohoos!

LJ - I think too that Woohoo is a great name.

Bekki - How did the audition go?

Jumble - Lovely invite! I can't wait to see so many sigs around the thread. (Though my internet won't like seeing so many! )

Random posting works for me too. And I'll make sure to keep at least one okay-looking sig to post after the horrible ones.

Also, I have to tell you something that happened today because it was adorable. I was at my dance school and we were doing this little home made show at the end of the week for the parents of the kids dancing. The little sister of one of the girls dancing was one of my students this year and when she saw me at the end of the show, she ran right pass her sister to hug me. It was adorable! My heart melted.

*huggles Woohoos*
      I hope you all had a great day!

And Jumble, I hope that virus wasn't so bad today?
      Awwww! So cute!
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*rolls in* Hello friends

Audition went...ok...I guess. wasn't the worst I've ever done but by no means the best. The director is having two weeks of workshops for the roles, so perhaps it won't matter that it didn't go particularly well

Aaaw, LadyGJ - wee kidlets are so cute! What ages do you teach?

...has MoB been around lately? I haven't seen her...*sends huggles to MoB, wherever she may be*
        sigpic

Comment

*waves to guest* Joe, you really shouldn't be up this late.
          sigpic

Comment

*waves to LJ*

*huggles*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              *rolls in* Hello friends

Audition went...ok...I guess. wasn't the worst I've ever done but by no means the best. The director is having two weeks of workshops for the roles, so perhaps it won't matter that it didn't go particularly well

...has MoB been around lately? I haven't seen her...*sends huggles to MoB, wherever she may be*
              I'm sure you'll shine at the workshops

MoB's been travelling around a lot lately, I'm sure she'll be in soon

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              *waves to guest* Joe, you really shouldn't be up this late.

Comment

I've thaught different ages from 3 to 11. I change each semester, but she was 7. I think kids around that age (6 to 8) are my favourites. But don't tell them.
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Let's hope it'll encourage some of the missing ones back And it'll be a good lead-in to the Woohoo holiday
                  Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  I'll send out some invites
                  I got an invite......that makes me one of the missing ones

It worked though, I'm here!

*huggles Woohoos*

You have no idea how much I miss you crazy people! I'm so gutted not to be able to make the Woohoo Holiday Unfortunately RL has to take precedence, no matter how much I'd like to say STUFF IT and disappear to spend a week with you all Ah well.

I'll be back around the 5th for the party if not before!

*more huggles*
                  sigpic

Comment

Aww, look at the returning missing WooHoos!

Oma, we miss you too!

*hugs everyone*

BTW, maybe I missed it, but has there been any word on how Bree's dad's surgery went?
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      Aww, look at the returning missing WooHoos!

Oma, we miss you too!

*hugs everyone*

BTW, maybe I missed it, but has there been any word on how Bree's dad's surgery went?
                      No word yet, but I guess it'll be a while before they know the outcome and no doubt Bree will let us know

How's our Dad doing? *sends hugs and good vibes*

*waves to Oma* Good to see you and looking forward to having you here for the party - I'm sure you won't be able to resist the opportunity to spam the thread with Jacksigs *hides eyes*

*huggles Martin* We still love you best, we're just lending out your thread for one day

Comment

But I haven't been missing....I've posted, just not as much. I have a big writter's conference next week (Thur thru Sunday). I have to prepare for that and with my other obligations, I just haven't had a lot of time. But I do check in. As for the party, well, I'll check in to see how it's doing, but I won't be able to do much. I will be at the conference from morning until late evening. But, I'll try and add at least one thing just to keep up the effort!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi WooHoo's

I have had almost zero time for WooHoo fun (I hesitate to call it GW fun anymore) and I have had almost zero time to catch up. A couple of things I got was that GW is no longer allowing rotating sigs (thanks Jumble for the PM) and that some of us have given up on all but this thread. I am one of those people who only follows a small handful of threads (Amanda and Sanctuary related) and I tend to post in here most often.
                          Having said that I am wondering if we can just do art challenges in here? Just a thought.

So now an update. The reason I have been so AWOL is my dad and work.
                          My dad is doing better but not great. The surgeon had to remove the entire right lung. The recovery is extremely painful (did you know they remove the lung through the back? ) but he is a little better each day. It is still going to be a long road to recovery for him.

My work has taken over a large portion of my life so I am limited on WooHoo time as my boss is almost always hovering around me and doesn't seem to get that in the US people are allowed two 15 minute breaks in a 8+ hour shift.

Charmaine is still out of work. She had to leave Guida for health reasons. The temps inside the receiving bay were 120-130 degrees. There are no fans and no AC. Her doctor refused to let her go back after they sent her home with heat exhaustion.
                          She isn't able to collect until she has a hearing with the DOL and that isn't until August 4th.

The good news is that she has a job interview next Friday and it is in her field of expertise!. I have often asked my fellow WooHoo's for prayers, good vibes etc but honestly I feel she needs them now more than ever so again I am asking!!!

Another victory is that I have lost almost 10% of my body weight! I still have a long way (weigh? ) to go but this is a huge success for me.

Huggles to all WooHoo's! I will try to catch up on everything I missed later tonight. Now I am off to check out local wineries. It's work related but should be a little fun.
                          sigpic

Comment

congrats on the weight loss milestone, Bree! And sending love and wom woms to Dad and Char! *huggles*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                              Hi WooHoo's

I have had almost zero time for WooHoo fun (I hesitate to call it GW fun anymore) and I have had almost zero time to catch up. A couple of things I got was that GW is no longer allowing rotating sigs (thanks Jumble for the PM) and that some of us have given up on all but this thread. I am one of those people who only follows a small handful of threads (Amanda and Sanctuary related) and I tend to post in here most often.
                              Having said that I am wondering if we can just do art challenges in here? Just a thought.

So now an update. The reason I have been so AWOL is my dad and work.
                              My dad is doing better but not great. The surgeon had to remove the entire right lung. The recovery is extremely painful (did you know they remove the lung through the back? ) but he is a little better each day. It is still going to be a long road to recovery for him.

My work has taken over a large portion of my life so I am limited on WooHoo time as my boss is almost always hovering around me and doesn't seem to get that in the US people are allowed two 15 minute breaks in a 8+ hour shift.

Charmaine is still out of work. She had to leave Guida for health reasons. The temps inside the receiving bay were 120-130 degrees. There are no fans and no AC. Her doctor refused to let her go back after they sent her home with heat exhaustion.
                              She isn't able to collect until she has a hearing with the DOL and that isn't until August 4th.

The good news is that she has a job interview next Friday and it is in her field of expertise!. I have often asked my fellow WooHoo's for prayers, good vibes etc but honestly I feel she needs them now more than ever so again I am asking!!!

Another victory is that I have lost almost 10% of my body weight! I still have a long way (weigh? ) to go but this is a huge success for me.

Huggles to all WooHoo's! I will try to catch up on everything I missed later tonight. Now I am off to check out local wineries. It's work related but should be a little fun.
                              Hugs and good vibes all around.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                But I haven't been missing....I've posted, just not as much. I have a big writter's conference next week (Thur thru Sunday). I have to prepare for that and with my other obligations, I just haven't had a lot of time. But I do check in. As for the party, well, I'll check in to see how it's doing, but I won't be able to do much. I will be at the conference from morning until late evening. But, I'll try and add at least one thing just to keep up the effort!
                                True, but I sent you the invite just to make sure you knew because you don't always have time to catch up

*huggles Bree and Char and crosses fingers for the new job*

As to having artwork challenges on here, I'm personally not in favour of that because it wood then be restricted to just us WooHoos, which is not really what we want

Comment

Working...
                                X