No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.30pm........ should I eat before I go out and tackle the gardening? It's a jungle out there...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      1.30pm........ should I eat before I go out and tackle the gardening? It's a jungle out there...........
      Hey Jumble...just make sure the gardening doesn't tackle you! And if you have to ask about eating, chances are you aren't very hungry!

Also a good reason to live in an apt or condo.....someone else does the gardening (and repairs!)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Hey Jumble...just make sure the gardening doesn't tackle you! And if you have to ask about eating, chances are you aren't very hungry!
        Nope, I'm going to take a very strong line with it and whip it into shape Need to mow the lawn (or should I? It does look pretty with all those clover flowers all over it......), take down a couple of dead trees, attack the shrubs that are completely blocking the steps up to the next level and then jet-wash the patio.

I'm not hungry - I've only been awake for a couple of hours - but I think I need to fuel up a bit before doing all that

Also a good reason to live in an apt or condo.....someone else does the gardening (and repairs!)
        Ah, but once I get stuck into it I really enjoy gardening, and all that exercise might just knock off a few of those extra pounds I put on whilst touring the Seattle and Victoria restaurants

*waves to 14 guests*

Can't imagine what's so interesting about us atm .........

Comment

Nope, I'm going to take a very strong line with it and whip it into shape Need to mow the lawn (or should I? It does look pretty with all those clover flowers all over it......), take down a couple of dead trees, attack the shrubs that are completely blocking the steps up to the next level and then jet-wash the patio.

I'm not hungry - I've only been awake for a couple of hours - but I think I need to fuel up a bit before doing all that

Ah, but once I get stuck into it I really enjoy gardening, and all that exercise might just knock off a few of those extra pounds I put on whilst touring the Seattle and Victoria restaurants

*waves to 14 guests*

Can't imagine what's so interesting about us atm .........
          Obviously not much because most of them are now gone.....!

Oh, and you got me with pull our a few dead trees - yuk! Definately need a garderner!

And what's this blaming our restaurants - how about the several trips to Andersons!

Go have some lunch then and while you're at it would you mind making me some breakfast, don't feel much like cooking this am!
          sigpic

Comment

*run-through post*

Welcome home Josi and Sarai!

*huggs Nad*

*runz out*
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
              *run-through post*

Welcome home Josi and Sarai!

*huggs Nad*

*runz out*
              Hey Dee, you moved too quickly. Didn't have a chance to say hello!
              sigpic

Comment

gardening sounds lovely Jumble! its like spring cleaning. once you get into it, its really fun!

MoB - I sympathise with your plight - somehow the theatry types and the sci-fi types don't tend to mix...well, actually, that might just be the musical theatrey types. Actors seem to like Doctor Who at least... I seem to have gotten very lucky with my lot at uni. All musical theatrey types (obviously) but a good portion of my friends are lovably geeky! Best dancer at our uni is a Doctor Who/Stargate/Sanctuary (thanks to me) geek! thank you personality universe!

Alright, in bed and hoping the spasm waves in my right side die down over night. I feel like I'm having a fit

*huggles Dee as she whizzes past*
                sigpic

Comment

Hey Bekki - I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Spasm waves do not have my permission to stay!
                  sigpic

Comment

duly noted, ma'am!!! *huggles* g'night!
                    sigpic

Comment

Obviously not much because most of them are now gone.....!

Oh, and you got me with pull our a few dead trees - yuk! Definately need a garderner!

And what's this blaming our restaurants - how about the several trips to Andersons!

Go have some lunch then and while you're at it would you mind making me some breakfast, don't feel much like cooking this am!
                      Nope, can't blame Andersons - I haven't been there for months

Chopping down dead trees is FUUUUUNNNNN!!!!

Hey Bekki - I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Spasm waves do not have my permission to stay!
                      Seconded!

Ok, so.....

Hedge-trimmer - check
                      Lawnmower - check
                      Electric saw - check
                      Hand saw - check
                      Secateurs - check
                      Large pair of loppers - check
                      Protective gloves - check
                      Wheelbarrow - check
                      Boots (still decorated with pretty flowers from when Suz borrowed them for the Summer Solstice last year) - check
                      Jet-washer - check

I do so LOVE electric tools

And no Nad, I'm not being icky

Right, I'm going outside. I may be gone for some time..............
                      Last edited by Jumble; 02 July 2011, 06:33 AM. Reason: Forgot the jet-washer :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        So, I was out with a bunch of theater-y people last night, and the whole LA-vs-NY discussion started. And then it became about sci-fi vs cop shows (don't ask) and one guy was like, "Yeah, look how long that AWFUL SG1 was on the air." And here I was, "Hey, I like that show!" LOL. Dear dancer who thinks he is a hotshot: Hi egg, meet face.

Had to defend our PTB. And mark myself as a geek for life. But who cares? I am a geek for life, lol. But it was cool because my friend Bryan (who was the 'songs' pianist) then started to talk up S4K and dancer-dude was right embarrassed that he'd opened his mouth.

And I probs shouldn't be posting before tea.
                        You go!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        gardening sounds lovely Jumble! its like spring cleaning. once you get into it, its really fun!

MoB - I sympathise with your plight - somehow the theatry types and the sci-fi types don't tend to mix...well, actually, that might just be the musical theatrey types. Actors seem to like Doctor Who at least... I seem to have gotten very lucky with my lot at uni. All musical theatrey types (obviously) but a good portion of my friends are lovably geeky! Best dancer at our uni is a Doctor Who/Stargate/Sanctuary (thanks to me) geek! thank you personality universe!

Alright, in bed and hoping the spasm waves in my right side die down over night. I feel like I'm having a fit

*huggles Dee as she whizzes past*
                        *huggles* Hope they go away soon for you and you can get some rest

Nope, can't blame Andersons - I haven't been there for months
                        We have to rectify that, pronto

Chopping down dead trees is FUUUUUNNNNN!!!!

Seconded!

Ok, so.....

Hedge-trimmer - check
                        Lawnmower - check
                        Electric saw - check
                        Hand saw - check
                        Secateurs - check
                        Large pair of loppers - check
                        Protective gloves - check
                        Wheelbarrow - check
                        Boots (still decorated with pretty flowers from when Suz borrowed them for the Summer Solstice last year) - check
                        Jet-washer - check

I do so LOVE electric tools

And no Nad, I'm not being icky

Right, I'm going outside. I may be gone for some time..............
                        And you go too!

For those of you on FB, I've just uploaded pics from my trip If anyone can't see them, holler and I'll pull a few out to post here (but I think I have you all on there anyway )
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

So Joe has discovered a chocolate shop within walking distance of home, run by a Stargate fan.......

[center]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...oe.jpg/center]

...... and apparently almost next door to a Fitness Club and Clinic
                          Happy he found a chocolate shop. Not a fan of that shirt, though. But he seems to like it...
                          sigpic

Comment

*healing vibes for Nad's Dad and Bekki*

wtg MoB! how could anyone not love our show??

have fun with the garden Jumble, my brother and I dug out a bsh/tree that my folks wanted rid of 2 weeks ago. Without power tools, and spending most of it wishing for them!
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

*flops on couch*

Three dead trees felled and disposed of – check
                              Lawn mown – check
                              Steps to next level cleared – check
                              Eyes averted so as not to see the amount of work that needs doing on said next level – check
                              Patio jet-washed – er…….. no. I’ll do it tomorrow
                              Arms scratched to bits from doing battle with brambles – check (yes, I could have worn long sleeves, but going on past experience once those brambles get their hooks into your clothes there is little chance of escape )
                              Bruised butt, having landed on it after winning a tug-of-war with said brambles whilst standing on a ladder – check
                              Hair full of debris from felling dead conifer – check
                              Last surviving fingernail of decent length broken – check
                              Feelings of hopelessness and depression that have been haunting me for the last few weeks banished – heck yes! I mean – check
                              Bottle of chilled rose opened – check

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              Happy he found a chocolate shop. Not a fan of that shirt, though. But he seems to like it...
                              I'd put the shirt just slightly less gross than that blue paisley one of Martin's

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                              *healing vibes for Nad's Dad and Bekki*

wtg MoB! how could anyone not love our show??

have fun with the garden Jumble, my brother and I dug out a bsh/tree that my folks wanted rid of 2 weeks ago. Without power tools, and spending most of it wishing for them!
                              Power tools are a must for me, otherwise I'd still be out there struggling I don't believe in doing things the hard way

No Nad, that isn't ickily meant either
                              Last edited by Jumble; 02 July 2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

*flops on couch*

Three dead trees felled and disposed of – check
                                Lawn mown – check
                                Steps to next level cleared – check
                                Eyes averted so as not to see the amount of work that needs doing on said next level – check
                                Patio jet-washed – er…….. no. I’ll do it tomorrow
                                Arms scratched to bits from doing battle with brambles – check (yes, I could have worn long sleeves, but going on past experience once those brambles get their hooks into your clothes there is little chance of escape )
                                Bruised butt, having landed on it after winning a tug-of-war with said brambles whilst standing on a ladder – check
                                Hair full of debris from felling dead conifer – check
                                Last surviving fingernail of decent length broken – check
                                Feelings of hopelessness and depression that have been haunting me for the last few weeks banished – heck yes! I mean – check
                                Bottle of chilled rose opened – check

Power tools are a must for me, otherwise I'd still be out there struggling I don't believe in doing things the hard way
                                O U C H!
                                Red stands for the blood you're dripping. Blue stands for the color your skin will turn to (along with black). Purple stands for the next shade it turns. And yellow and green are the final colors until it eventually heals!
                                Hope it was fun!

- here's your glass of wine. ENJOY!
                                Last edited by llp; 02 July 2011, 10:54 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X