• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! Sanctuary is back on Watch tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      *huggles Jann*

I hope your parents can sort things out for your Gran - bad enough when families don't get on without it spoiling her final farewell
      I know! It's so sad! but so far my dad seems to be "winning" since my other uncle(they're with three brothers) does like some of the stuff, but in general my uncles were(and am) always a team against my dad so it's hard for dad to get something he likes.

It's interesting though because my grandfathers funeral was very simple...then again that's what he wanted. (We also weren't allowed to be sad on his funeral but should celebrate him and get...uhm..intoxicated because he was a big fan of partying...grandma is the opposite)

Oh well...we'll see on Thursday how everything will go and my dad and I bothh wrote a little "speech/goodbye" for grandma to personalize it a bit more.

*crosses fingers that the rest of the year will be better*
      Thanks! I really hope so!
      sigpic

Comment

Jann - I know this is a really hard time for you right now. It is bad enough to have to say goodbye to a loved one but to also have the family fueding.....too much to have to deal with, in my humble opinion.
        All I can do is give you a long distance *really big huggle* and tell you that time will help.

You won't forget, but it becomes more in perspective which makes it easier. Every once in awhile when you aren't looking, it will sneak back for a very quick moment. And age has nothing to do with it. But it will lessen. I was about your age when I lost my last grandparent. She was a really cool grandmother and I still miss her. And I had to be the first one to find out and had to tell the family. All I can do is tell you to grieve as much as you need and then let time take its course. Maybe it isn't the whole year that sucks but only the beginning. You might have something great just up the road. Life is, if nothing else, totally unpredictable.

Get through those days you have to and completely enjoy and remember the good ones.
        sigpic

Comment

Phew! The weekend is over, as are the shows. I'm still alive, although I was really afraid for my leg on Saturday night. We had three shows in a row on that day. My injury really didn't like that, but I think it's okay now. Anyway, no more dancing until July 11th (), so I have time to heal properly.

Other tidbit of something that happened to me yesterday: I took my bicyle to work. YAY! (Strangely, I'm more comfortable pedaling a bicycle than walking. Probably because there's less weight on my leg.) I was coming back home, slowly and happily. There's a 90° bend on the road at one point with a big white wall, which is dangerous and I hate it because you don't see anyone coming on the other side, but I have no choice to take it. Well, this time, the person coming on the other side didn't slow down because she hit me pretty hard when I wanted to turn. I'm alright, not a scratch. But the blow to my bicycle bent the forward wheel. As a result, my forward brakes are acting up, braking at unpredictable moments. :/ It took me two hours to get home because of that (instead of one) and now, I can't take my bicyle out to work until it's fixed.

/rant.

Now, to catching up!

Happy (belated) birthday Bekki!

Jumble & Laurie, I'm happy you had a great time (and that Seattle survived)! Jumble, glad you got home safe and I lol'd at the quilt picture.

*huggles Val* I hope things settled down for you.

*huggles Jann* I don't have a lot to had to what the others have said, except that I know what you're going through. When my grandmother died (mom side), we stopped seeing two of her brothers because there were family problems and it looks like like their mother was the only thing keeping the four of them together. *huggles again* Take time for yourself. I hope the last half of 2011 is better than the first for you and your family.

Re GW problems: I use IE8 (well, I think it's 8) and don't have any problems. Sometimes the MQ won't work, but one of the tricks from the page Jann posted while ago makes it work just fine. And when it's slow (although, not like some of you have experienced), I just blame it on my now 6-years-old laptop. It had a rough time living its eventful life...

*huggles Woohoos for being awesome just because*
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Evening Woohoos

So darn tired Had an epic sleep!fail last night, not helped by the helicopter hovering overhead for ages in the small hours. Was supposed to be going out tonight but am barely keeping my eyes open so have had to pike

*huggles you all, especially Jann* Poor you, as if the grief wasn't bad enough, you don't need family feuds on top of it

LadyGJ, glad the shows went well

Finally! Sanctuary is back on Watch tonight
            But Carentan is not available on iTunes :McKay: Do they think we're going to wait happily for Watch to catch up??
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

After spending what seemed like an eternity locked out of GW because of extremely slooooooooooooooow loading pages I have bitten the bullet and downloaded Safari (at work) will do it at home later. Now I can see what's been going on.

Happy (belated) birthday Bekki!!!!!

Welcome home Jumble!!!

*huggles Jann, tightly*
              *huggles Val*

*huggles anyone I might have missed*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Evening Woohoos

So darn tired Had an epic sleep!fail last night, not helped by the helicopter hovering overhead for ages in the small hours. Was supposed to be going out tonight but am barely keeping my eyes open so have had to pike

*huggles you all, especially Jann* Poor you, as if the grief wasn't bad enough, you don't need family feuds on top of it

LadyGJ, glad the shows went well

But Carentan is not available on iTunes Do they think we're going to wait happily for Watch to catch up??
                Oh they've GOT to be kidding!!!

Maybe it'll be up tomorrow *crosses fingers and toes*

*waves to LG and Bree*

*sends more huggles to Jann*

Comment

*waves to Bree*

UKers, I hope for you iTunes has the episode up soon. It was a good one!
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*hugs Jann again*
                    *hugs LG's bicycle*
                    *hugs Bree*
                    *loves LJ's picture*
                    *hugs WooHoos*

*hugs PTB and Spencers*
                    *hugs Sanctuary*
                    *pokes iTunes*
                    *hugs WooHoos again*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles LG's bike* Luckily you are alright! You can borrow my bike. Well used, but kept up with and had a change of wheels, breaks etc. hasn't been used for a year now and the best part...it comes from me!

Thanks for the huggles everyone! Yesterday we cleaned out granny's apartment in the elderly home(if not done within a week it will cost you 1000 euro's a day) so that was kinda weird and sad, but we got the grandfather clock back in our house.(it used to be there when my grandparents lived here). The puppy doesn't appreciate the clock though and barks at it(it's hilarious).

Minus, after having my finger between a door earlier this week and it getting a nice and purple color under the nail, I apparently felt the need to do something similar with my thumb...I broke the nail halfway through...ouch!

*huggles all woohoos*

I already have Sanctuary in Itunes; just haven't had time to watch the episode yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

So quiet here the last week or so....

Where has the WooHoo spirit disappeared to?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          So quiet here the last week or so....

Where has the WooHoo spirit disappeared to?
                          I'm not sure, but I think I may have drank it.............

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think I may have drank it.............

Perhaps if you posted an offer to share you might get the rest of the Woohoos out of their hiding places. I could use a Josi sized glass myself right about now.

Better yet, I think it's time for a Martinpicspam!!!! We need to brighten up the place. Um, please?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post

Perhaps if you posted an offer to share you might get the rest of the Woohoos out of their hiding places. I could use a Josi sized glass myself right about now.
                              Sharing is always an open offer *passes wine to Estrela*

Better yet, I think it's time for a Martinpicspam!!!! We need to brighten up the place. Um, please?
                              Ah! The Magic Word........

I'm having trouble with The Quilt - it keeps sliding off the bed

Maybe it's also drunk some WooHoo spirit

Comment

Looks like I turned up at the perfect time - wine on offer and Martinpicspam
                                *holds out empty me-sized glass*
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X