The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and a little WooHoodSotck Administration Office Safety Warning:

Be careful with those Martin huggles. The WooHoodStock Administration Office is certain he's needed on set, so just... don't break him.
    Mind the arms and when clinging to His legs make sure not to trip him. And air. Even Martin needs air. Know where the emergency exits are and keep them clear for the fire department.

*makes armgestures to... indicate.*

Thank you.

*whips out nifty icon*

Sincerely,
    The WooHoodStock Administration Office Officer.
    Last edited by DutchIndeed; 13 April 2011, 12:23 PM.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Jumble, sorry to hear about b***** OFSTED (as my mum used to refer to them) - I wondered if something was up as you'd been so quiet lately But you go - that's exactly the right attitude. The only things you need to take notice of to know you're doing a good job is whether your kids and their parents are happy. Otherwise, as long as you can keep OFSTED off your back sufficiently that they don't cause you problems (because alas bureaucracy has power), then as you say, sod them.
      *hugs*

You're right, it's the kids and their parents that really matter. That's why I was totally pi$$ed off when the inspector completely ignored the file full of really nice references and thank you cards that I've got from families that I've worked with over the last 20 years and based her entire report on the fact that I had three, count them, THREE pieces of paperwork missing from my file (which I didn't even know were 'required' ), and the fact that I don't want to spend my precious week-ends doing training that I know will not benefit me or the kids I know how to do my job, and I believe I do it very well. When a parent tells me othewise, that's when I should worry, right?

What disgusted me more than anything was when she told me that I should be doing a certain thing and I said I didn't think the parents wood be happy if I did that and her response was "It doesn't matter what the parents think" I can't even spell what I think of that remark!

And (and this goes for all of us), there is so much more to life than any one aspect of it. So if one thing in your life is not going so well, just take a look at all the other bits, and all the things you have that are awesome, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

*massive squishy huggles*
      Yep, that's what I did and it works

But the fighter inside me still wants to take them on and show them that they can't just walk all over people

My problem is that I won't simply roll over for anyone

Comment

MoB!!!
        I loved your vid

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Is that like dog years?

And Jumble - super high fives - that's exactly the right attitude . Big Squishy Huggles!!!

'round and about...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          *hugs*

You're right, it's the kids and their parents that really matter. That's why I was totally pi$$ed off when the inspector completely ignored the file full of really nice references and thank you cards that I've got from families that I've worked with over the last 20 years and based her entire report on the fact that I had three, count them, THREE pieces of paperwork missing from my file (which I didn't even know were 'required' ), and the fact that I don't want to spend my precious week-ends doing training that I know will not benefit me or the kids I know how to do my job, and I believe I do it very well. When a parent tells me othewise, that's when I should worry, right?

What disgusted me more than anything was when she told me that I should be doing a certain thing and I said I didn't think the parents wood be happy if I did that and her response was "It doesn't matter what the parents think" I can't even spell what I think of that remark!

But the fighter inside me still wants to take them on and show them that they can't just walk all over people

Oh FCOL! (seeing as I can't say what I actually want to at that, PG forum and all that ) They're criticising you over pieces of paper???? Seriously, if forms and paperwork matter more than the kids then their priorities are seriously out of whack. And as for it not mattering what the parents think.... well yes, my reaction is unprintable there too

Sadly, all jobs have this - the idea that your value and quality can be measured in how neat your paperwork is, rather than the actual evidence that the people who benefit from what you do are happy and appreciative. It's completely upside down from how it should be!

*more massive squishy huggles* Even more reason to say stuff them and not let them knock your self-confidence one iota!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

What, never? Not even when I was Grace?
            I'll admit that was a good disguise, but we soon learnt different didn't we?

You are, and you do But did she also not say that we are his number 2-.... (can't remember how many Woohoos there are) fans? So we get huggles too Just fewer than you
            Hm. I forgot I read you that email..... ok, you can huggle him a little........ I guess........ just don't overdo it, ok?

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            But boy do I now...
            That'll teach you to find out more about people before you go handing over your fave director to them, huh?

I think many of us know it's the way, but life is sometimes making it really difficult to actually follow it. We all hit rough patches that just make all good things in life wither away for a while. Little or big ...whiles.
            Very true. But woodn't you think by now I'd have learned not to let the rough patches get me down? I really should have *shakes head*

Is that like dog years?

And Jumble - super high fives - that's exactly the right attitude . Big Squishy Huggles!!!
            *high fives Sarai* I know it's the right attitude, but these people do have a certain power over me, unfortunately

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Oh and a little WooHoodSotck Administration Office Safety Warning:

Be careful with tohse Martin huggles. The WooHoodStock Administration Office is certain he's needed on set, so just... don't break him.
            Mind the arms and when clinging to His legs make sure not to trip him. And air. Even Martin needs air. Know where the emergency exits are and keep them clear for the fire department.

*makes arm gestures to... indicate.*

Thank you.

*whips out nifty icon*

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...hooadmin-1.jpg

Sincerely,
            The WooHoodStock Administration Office Officer.
            Martin needs air?

*frantically removes specially created anti-WooHoo plastic sheeting*

*administers mouth to mouth rescusitation*

Niiiice!

Comment

I did have something to say, but pages later of reading and it's gone. *hugs you all*

Jumble, sorry to hear about b***** OFSTED (as my mum used to refer to them) - I wondered if something was up as you'd been so quiet lately But you go - that's exactly the right attitude. The only things you need to take notice of to know you're doing a good job is whether your kids and their parents are happy. Otherwise, as long as you can keep OFSTED off your back sufficiently that they don't cause you major problems (because alas bureaucracy has power), then as you say, sod them.

And (and this goes for all of us), there is so much more to life than any one aspect of it. So if one thing in your life is not going so well, just take a look at all the other bits, and all the things you have that are awesome, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

*massive squishy huggles*
              Well said, Josi

*hugs*

*huggles Jumble* I'm sorry that OFSTED are so short-sighted and forget that it isn't all about sticking to procedure lined out. Ugh. You know you're amazing, everyone you work for says so, and they matter the most.

Re: bolded part. I have no words.... Just
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I'll admit that was a good disguise, but we soon learnt different didn't we?
                Alas, I talked too much, and then it was hello custom avi, bye bye disguise

Hm. I forgot I read you that email..... ok, you can huggle him a little........ I guess........ just don't overdo it, ok?
                OK, I'll be careful, I promise

Martin needs air?

*frantically removes specially created anti-WooHoo plastic sheeting*

*administers mouth to mouth rescusitation*

Niiiice!
                Any excuse!

sigpic

Comment

*high fives Sarai* I know it's the right attitude, but these people do have a certain power over me, unfortunately
                  I know, and sadly whilst it's easy to say stick it to the man, saying and doing are two different things. Especially when the OFSTED reports count so much in your profession. But you just have to remember that the thanks and testimonials from your current parents will do far more good than the report will harm.

*huggles you*

*plots the downfall of OFSTED*

Comment

Oh FCOL! (seeing as I can't say what I actually want to at that, PG forum and all that ) They're criticising you over pieces of paper???? Seriously, if forms and paperwork matter more than the kids then their priorities are seriously out of whack. And as for it not mattering what the parents think.... well yes, my reaction is unprintable there too
                    Yep, paperwork She told me that she could not fault my actual childcare, she said I have a deep understanding of my childrens' needs and how to meet them and that I have an obvious bond with them and their families. She had spoken to one Mum, who told her that she didn't know what she wood have done without me, how I'd been absolutely wonderful in bringing her child out of his shell and building his confidence, how I'd helped the family enormously during a very difficult time for them and that she felt truly blessed to have found someone that always put her childrens' needs first above everything. But as far as OFSTED are concerned that counts for nothing if I don't have the relevant paperwork in place

This same Mum told me that if I had achieved an 'Outstanding' grade she wood have been worried because she's a school teacher and she knows that if OFSTED give that grade it means that more time is being spent on paperwork than on taking care of the kids.

Sadly, all jobs have this - the idea that your value and quality can be measured in how neat your paperwork is, rather than the actual evidence that the people who benefit from what you do are happy and appreciative. It's completely upside down from how it should be!
                    Too right! It's total crap, all of it.

*more massive squishy huggles* Even more reason to say stuff them and not let them knock your self-confidence one iota!
                    I'm doing my best to go with that -the wine is helping

Comment

*huggles Jumble* Sounds like something bad, but may I ask what OFSTED is?
                      Still I agree with the others, the parents are the most important. Them being positive and telling other parents about it is important, they are your customers and partly also your advertising.
                      As for someone saying that the parents don't count. Wow. Just wow.

Governments these days. It's a downwards spiral...in most of the world. Sad thing.
                      Is that like dog years?

Don't even think about GW years... that will probably make me in GW years the oldest in here!
                      sigpic

Comment

I know, and sadly whilst it's easy to say stick it to the man, saying and doing are two different things. Especially when the OFSTED reports count so much in your profession. But you just have to remember that the thanks and testimonials from your current parents will do far more good than the report will harm.

*huggles you*

Is it me or do OFSTED just cause total panic and grief wherever they go? I remember it always seemed such a big deal at school when I was there. And it just seems like a paper exercise to me, without any real human value to it. :/
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Don't even think about GW years... that will probably make me in GW years the oldest in here!
                          Totally not
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            Totally not
                            Sorry Wendy...forgot you were here WAY and WAY longer.

still second or third oldest...

EDIT: I know of the regulars right now in here I'm the youngest.(age wise!)

So...controversial.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jann, OFSTED are the Office for Standards in Education (I think that's right), and they're basically the government body that examines all sorts of people and institutions involved in education and childcare - schools, nurseries, childminders etc. And Wendy has it absolutely right - they cause grief and panic everywhere they go, and the mere mention of them is enough to strike complete dread into the hearts of teachers and other childcare professionals everywhere. As Jumble says, it's all paperwork and form-filling - happy, healthy, well educated kids count for nothing if the files aren't in order
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                I did have something to say, but pages later of reading and it's gone. *hugs you all*

Well said, Josi

*huggles Jumble* I'm sorry that OFSTED are so short-sighted and forget that it isn't all about sticking to procedure lined out. Ugh. You know you're amazing, everyone you work for says so, and they matter the most.
                                Thank you *huggles Wendy*

Re: bolded part. I have no words.... Just
                                I know, it's bloody appalling isn't it?

Alas, I talked too much, and then it was hello custom avi, bye bye disguise

OK, I'll be careful, I promise
                                He's very delicate - don't squish him too tight

Any excuse!

As if I need one

Sadly that's true, which is why I'm so upset by it Fortunately most of my work comes by word of mouth and personal recommendation

*huggles you*

What should we do? Bombard OFSTED central with masses of broccoli smoke? Force-feed them gallons of Merlot? There has to be a way...........

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                *huggles Jumble* Sounds like something bad, but may I ask what OFSTED is?
                                Office For Standards in Education. They control the standards of education is schools. About seven years ago they were put in charge of Registered Childminders. Prior to that we were controlled by Social Services, who were far more interested in the actual care of minded children.

Still I agree with the others, the parents are the most important. Them being positive and telling other parents about it is important, they are your customers and partly also your advertising.
                                As for someone saying that the parents don't count. Wow. Just wow.
                                I could NOT believe that she said that didn't matter I really had to bite my tongue so I woodn't say "Who the freak do you think you are?"

Governments these days. It's a downwards spiral...in most of the world. Sad thing.
                                The people who control the Government are so far removed from the real world, they have absolutely no idea

Yes you are! You're older than me
                                Last edited by Jumble; 13 April 2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X