Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    So, today is the day that they turn off analogue tv in my area
    ouch they did that to me 2 months ago had to go by expensive HD tv
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Ah, but you gave it back to the thread It's like a Robin Hood thing.

So, today is the day that they turn off analogue tv in my area.......... therefore also the day that I discover the tv in the conservatory isn't digital Oh well, I was planning a trip to the dump this week, just have to add that to the pile of junk I'm taking

*runz off to search for a good deal on a new tv*
      Why do they turn off analogue TV?
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

apparently something to do with more people owning HD tvs and of course the greedy government
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
          apparently something to do with more people owning HD tvs and of course the greedy government
          That sucks if you don't own one.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

ouch they did that to me 2 months ago had to go by expensive HD tv
            I've managed to find a good deal on an HDTV/DVD combo, which I'll hopefully be picking up later today

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            *hugs WooHoos*

Why do they turn off analogue TV?
            Dragging us all into the 21st century by making us have digital channels I should have realised my tv woodn't cope - it's got to be 20 years old I only watch it while I'm exercising, so didn't need anything fancy.

*thinks*

With the DVD player included, I'll have a much wider choice of what I watch ......... could mean I get fit a lot quicker if I find myself unable to drag myself away........

Comment

More a case of getting us up to date with modern technology and getting us better quality pictures The analogue reception has been rubbish for years.

Comment

yep im feeling you Dutch
                sigpic

Comment

Ok. I admit. I've read on line and I just don't get the whole TV signal thing anyway. They had me at ''digital TV trough cable.'' *shrugs*

sigpic

Comment

I don't think there are many people left in this country that don't have digital TVs, and most have HDTV. The government has helped people, mostly the elderly, meet the changeover by replacing one TV per household. All my other TVs have been digital for years, just this old one that wasn't, and to be honest it'll be nice to get a decent picture in that room

Comment

More a case of getting us up to date with modern technology and getting us better quality pictures The analogue reception has been rubbish for years.
                      But what if people have no money for a new set?
                      You know. Poor people who loved analogue because it's all they could afford anyway? And who have six kids and no means to build up a 'new TV fund'?

The UK will never be modern anyway...

*hides*

sigpic

Comment

true true
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think there are many people left in this country that don't have digital TVs, and most have HDTV. The government has helped people, mostly the elderly, meet the changeover by replacing one TV per household. All my other TVs have been digital for years, just this old one that wasn't, and to be honest it'll be nice to get a decent picture in that room

Ah alright.
                          That's sweet.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            But what if people have no money for a new set?
                            You know. Poor people who loved analogue because it's all they could afford anyway? And who have six kids and no means to build up a 'new TV fund'?

The UK will never be modern anyway...

*hides*
                            People with six kids don't have time to watch the TV

In all seriousness, the 'poor' families are usually (in my experience) the ones that have the most up to date technology going And like I said, the government has helped replace TVs in a lot of cases. It's mostly the elderly that still had analogue and couldn't afford new sets, and those are the ones that needed the help.

You also have to understand that we've known about this for about 10 years - more than enough time to sort ourselves out Most people replace their main TV within that time anyway, so it's not as bad as it may have seemed

In my case, it's a darn good excuse to get a new TV

Comment

im off to write a fic bye all *waves* good luck with HD
                              sigpic

Comment

People with six kids don't have time to watch the TV

In all seriousness, the 'poor' families are usually (in my experience) the ones that have the most up to date technology going And like I said, the government has helped replace TVs in a lot of cases. It's mostly the elderly that still had analogue and couldn't afford new sets, and those are the ones that needed the help.

You also have to understand that we've known about this for about 10 years - more than enough time to sort ourselves out Most people replace their main TV within that time anyway, so it's not as bad as it may have seemed

In my case, it's a darn good excuse to get a new TV
                                'This I can understand

And as for the last thing: Heck yeah!

im off to write a fic bye all *waves* good luck with HD
                                Good luck with the FF!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X