X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I meant I said I was going from here because I have a lot to do

Definitely going now! Bye *waves*

Comment

Haven't been to the shipper thread for *months* so don't really know the context, but am guessing there was a bit of Laira-bashing
      Now I know I'm not a Laira!fan but I do acknowledge what y'all are saying, Jack can't cheat on Sam - he's not with her (in fact he's not allowed to be with her, and at this point people have differing opinions whether he even knows she likes him that way
      (although the whole baby-straight-away thing was a bit uncomfortable for me, and not just because of Charlie...)
      I do think later on, once they both know that there are feelings there Jack is pretty monogamous with regards to Sam, until Pete which leads to Kerry which leads to Threads

I wasn't in fandom for SG1's original run so some of the more subtle things and some of the in jokes I missed until I came here and started doing rewatches with everyone, so it's great to be in fandom for Sanctuary this way,
      Spoiler:
      like the Marcus joke in Firewall, I found it totally hilarious because I'd read the CH interview, otherwise totally wouldn't have got it

I'm right that I have to spoiler everything in S3 since it's not in syndication yet right??
      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
        Haven't been to the shipper thread for *months* so don't really know the context, but am guessing there was a bit of Laira-bashing
        Now I know I'm not a Laira!fan but I do acknowledge what y'all are saying, Jack can't cheat on Sam - he's not with her (in fact he's not allowed to be with her, and at this point people have differing opinions whether he even knows she likes him that way
        (although the whole baby-straight-away thing was a bit uncomfortable for me, and not just because of Charlie...)
        I do think later on, once they both know that there are feelings there Jack is pretty monogamous with regards to Sam, until Pete which leads to Kerry which leads to Threads
        What amuses me is that everyone aired their responses to my S/J thread post on here or in green messages rather than on that thread

So I guess it's still a nono to agree on there with anything that doesn't fit with the Shippers' narrow view

Sad.

I wasn't in fandom for SG1's original run so some of the more subtle things and some of the in jokes I missed until I came here and started doing rewatches with everyone, so it's great to be in fandom for Sanctuary this way,
        Spoiler:
        like the Marcus joke in Firewall, I found it totally hilarious because I'd read the CH interview, otherwise totally wouldn't have got it

I'm right that I have to spoiler everything in S3 since it's not in syndication yet right??
        Yep, spoiler everything for Sanctuary S3 please We all see it at different times, and some WooHoos don't get to see it all yet

Comment

Aw, you know I feel like one of the It crowd now; GW unsubscribed me from the thread for the very first time.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          I saw your vid on FB. Beautiful song, beautiful memories, beautiful man

Are you going to put a link on here? I think you should
          As predicted YT won't let me upload. There's some kind off copyright thing with Eagles music since you can't buy any of their stuff on MP3 in the UK (except the last CD), which is a tad annoying when I was trying to get this specific song... although it probably wood be more annoying it I didn't already have their entire back catalogue on CD and vinyl. Well I say I have it, it's really Charles' but we were both big fans, so I guess all mine now.

Anyway, I've linked it through Livejournal so: it's here.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Aw, you know I feel like one of the It crowd now; GW unsubscribed me from the thread for the very first time.
            WooHooood! You've joined the elite!
            As predicted YT won't let me upload. There's some kind off copyright thing with Eagles music since you can't buy any of their stuff on MP3 in the UK (except the last CD), which is a tad annoying when I was trying to get this specific song... although it probably wood be more annoying it I didn't already have their entire back catalogue on CD and vinyl. Well I say I have it, it's really Charles' but we were both big fans, so I guess all mine now.

*squishy huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

That was really lovely Cags. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely memories with us.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

There is no better way to explain Sanctuary than to sit him down and force-feed him eps until he gets it

Bumped into a friend at the supermarket yesterday, who spent ten minutes bemoaning the fact that he can't watch Sanctuary because he doesn't have Watch I told him he could watch it online, but he said he'd rather wait for the dvds because watching it on the laptop doesn't do it justice. So true!

*hugs Pol* Is there nobody higher up that you can approach about this?

There have been problems because of the changover to the new server, but they should all be fixed now

It makes me laugh to look back on all the times I had my hair permed, because now it just curls up entirely on it's own

That's because there is nothing 'conventional' about it! Its one of a kind, unique in every way

*crosses fingers and sends healing vibes*

Glad to hear it. I tend to avoid anything higher than 3 inches, otherwise I'm in danger of falling over
                3 inches.....I think anything over about 1 inch and I'm over the edge....how do you do it. Of course, I have a reason for my lack of capabilities..... and NO JUMBLE, age has nothing to do with it!
                Last edited by llp; 07 November 2010, 06:35 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  I wish others didn't view him as the perfect man. What makes him such a wonderful character to watch is his flaws. And I saw nothing wrong with what he did in 100 days. He didn't actually *do* anything wrong.

You can't cheat on someone when you're not with them.
                  I so totally agree. I love the flaws in someone because it's what gives him character. I also saw what he did was not wrong under the circumstances that he was given. Looks like we are in agreement Wendy!
                  sigpic

Comment

*snuggles up to Joe*

Jumble, if you need backup on the S/J thread I'll go post my response, but I do prefer to stay away from there, since it has become a place where true discussion (with opposing points of view) is not tolerated.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      3 inches.....I think anything over about 1 inch and I'm over the edge....how do you do it. Of course, I have a reason for my lack of capabilities.....
                      I feel I should just emphasize to any lurkers that we are talking about HEELS!

And I can't say anything about age, because I'm not that far behind you

I so totally agree. I love the flaws in someone because it's what gives him character. I also saw what he did was not wrong under the circumstances that he was given. Looks like we are in agreement Wendy!
                      Oh, I just love that I can say 'bad' things about Jack here without getting stomped on

And even get everyone to agree

The only thing wrong with what he did was to (presumably) not take precautions to make sure there wasn't a child, because he knew full well Laira wanted one but also that at some point he wood have to leave it behind. That doesn't sit right with me considering how much he'd suffered over losing Charlie
                      Last edited by Jumble; 07 November 2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        *snuggles up to Joe*

Jumble, if you need backup on the S/J thread I'll go post my response, but I do prefer to stay away from there, since it has become a place where true discussion (with opposing points of view) is not tolerated.
                        That's ok LJ, I can hold my own over there

Funny thing though, I very rarely go there but just got this urge yesterday. And lo and behold, they're having my fave 'discussion' to jump in on and stir up!

Comment

I feel I should just emphasize to any lurkers that we are talking about HEELS!

Oh, I just love that I can say 'bad' things about Jack here without getting stomped on

And even get everyone to agree

The only thing wrong with what he did was to (presumably) not take precautions to make sure there wasn't a child, because he knew full well Laira wanted one but also that at some point he wood have to leave it behind. That doesn't sit right with me considering how much he'd suffered over losing Charlie
                          Well, given that the only way to TRULY 100% avoid conception is to abstain from sex all together (even sterilization has about a 1 in a 1000 failure rate), and I would assume given their level of technology on Edora there wasn't a whole lot of contraception available... I think Jack might have been thinking that this was it. Or that if rescue came eventually, he'd stay if there was a child. Or convince Laira to come back with him. He DID ask her, after all. JMHO, obv.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            Well, given that the only way to TRULY 100% avoid conception is to abstain from sex all together (even sterilization has about a 1 in a 1000 failure rate), and I would assume given their level of technology on Edora there wasn't a whole lot of contraception available... I think Jack might have been thinking that this was it. Or that if rescue came eventually, he'd stay if there was a child. Or convince Laira to come back with him. He DID ask her, after all. JMHO, obv.
                            This is true of course. But hey, it wood have spoiled the plot

I don't believe he wood have stayed if there was a child, he was too fond of wormholing to give it up.

And I meant through the stargate

Comment

This is true of course. But hey, it wood have spoiled the plot

I don't believe he wood have stayed if there was a child, he was too fond of wormholing to give it up.

And I meant through the stargate
                              Oh come on now.....above everything else he is still a "man" and men have "needs" remember. That's why it always has to be the woman to make sure she doesn't get pregie.... Men can't think that far in advance.

Oh BTW Jumble...thought you were leaving for awhile.

As for me....I'm going to have some breakfast, wash some clothes and come back later. Bye.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh come on now.....above everything else he is still a "man" and men have "needs" remember. That's why it always has to be the woman to make sure she doesn't get pregie.... Men can't think that far in advance.
                                Oooooh! That's a bit of a sweeping anti-men statement Laurie!

Women also have 'needs' don't they?

And believe it or not, I do know some men that prefer to take their own precautions to protect themselves against unwanted pregnancies. And other things

Oh BTW Jumble...thought you were leaving for awhile.
                                I'm multi-tasking Need to take the odd break now and then

As for me....I'm going to have some breakfast, wash some clothes and come back later. Bye.
                                It always amuses me that you have breakfast at 4 in my afternoon

*waves*

Comment

Working...
                                X