No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the birthday list Jumble! Everyone, quote it and add yourself in!

+1 If you lived near me I'd say bring it down here. Hubby is ex motor mechanic and not shy of doing oil changes; he'd do it for free...well,cost of the oil. Although, £70 doesn't sound too bad when you consider the cost of oil nowadays. It's the rest you need to be wary about. What car do you have? You can probably find out the code for the brake pads and look them up (that's what we did with the PT Crusier as the garage wanted to charge us £300... er, they cost about £80 and Charles fitted them himself in an afternoon.
    sigpic

Comment

Why am I not on the list?

January 19th - The Martin
      March 9th - Fainne
      March 11th - Achaja
      May 2nd - Brad
      May 3rd - Kliggins
      May 11th - Jann
      May 19th - Oma
      June 5th - Bekki
      June 21th - Devilish Me
      June 25th- Amanda (Regularamanda)
      June 29 – Luvnjack
      July 21st - Kirdy
      August 10th - Jumble
      August 18- Rac80 (aka Rache)
      August 28th - The Amanda (honourary WooHoo)
      September 11th - Josiane
      September 13th – Jasmina
      September 20th - Yessika

September 21st - Samcarterrules
      October 7th - Nad
      October 14th - Coopie
      October 16th - The Joe
      November 1st - Sarai
      December 23rd - The Dan

Bolded, yes.
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        I have something great to share!

I'm working on my first FILM!!!!! Well, not mine, mine, but first film for me and actually a first real job experience in this department. I've done some minor editing for student films, but this is completley different, because I get to be on set, and see how everything works (and I was in the office with them before the shooting began when actually everything gets prepared for filming...).

The director is awesome (she's younger then I'd expect, but brilliant), director of photography even more so. The whole crew has me in awe and I'm soooooooooooo freaking happy!

Also, there are some great actors of Serbian film working with us which is just a bonus to everything that I've experienced in the days I was with them...

I'm so exhausted, 'cause the shooting starts at like eight, and ends when the program for the day is done (which is usually around midnight). And... my feet stink

((((huggles)))))
        Wow!!!

Congrats!!! *super squishy tackle huggles*
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          - sounds like a smart lady to me!
          She's had cars long enough to know bits and bobs That and it happened to her/someone she knew so!

Lists are good....use them all the time....now where did I put that list
          You could look at the tires yourself. Get a coin and use it to measure how deep the grooves are on the tires. Are the front and back one similar. If it has been awhile than rotating the tires can be very good (Front to back - back to front)!
          I have lists for everything else! I already have a food budget and other stuff list for uni (and more)
          My mum got me something for my tyres before but I think it was a pressure gauge rather than a tred depth counter. (And that penny could maybe work, your minimum tred depth needs to be 1.6mm!) Hmmm.... TY

Comment

March 9th - Fainne
            March 11th - Achaja
            May 2nd - Brad
            May 3rd - Kliggins
            May 11th - Jann
            May 19th - Oma
            June 5th - Bekki
            June 21th - Devilish Me
            June 29 – Luvnjack
            July 21st - Kirdy
            August 10th - Jumble
            August 27th - Helen Magnum
            September 11th - Josiane
            September 13th – Jasmina
            September 20th - Yessika

October 7th - Nad
            October 14th - Coopie
            October 16th - The Joe
            November 1st - Sarai
            December 23rd - The Dan

Bolded, yes.
            I'm not on it either.....
            sigpic

Comment

Wow! Dee that sounds AWESOME!!! Congratulations

Originally posted by thesecretcylon View Post
              She's had cars long enough to know bits and bobs That and it happened to her/someone she knew so!
              I have lists for everything else! I already have a food budget and other stuff list for uni (and more)
              My mum got me something for my tyres before but I think it was a pressure gauge rather than a tred depth counter. (And that penny could maybe work, your minimum tred depth needs to be 1.6mm!) Hmmm.... TY
              See how easy it is to learn these things...... just ask the older WooHoos

Yes Laurie, I mean you!

*runz*

Comment

March 9th - Fainne
                March 11th - Achaja
                May 2nd - Brad
                May 3rd - Kliggins
                May 11th - Jann
                May 19th - Oma
                June 5th - Bekki
                June 21th - Devilish Me
                June 29 – Luvnjack
                July 21st - Kirdy
                August 10th - Jumble
                September 11th - Josiane
                September 13th – Jasmina
                September 20th - Yessika

October 7th - Nad
                October 14th - Coopie
                October 16th - The Joe
                October 30 - +1 (Kerry)
                November 1st - Sarai
                December 23rd - The Dan

Bolded, yes.
                *sneaks onto the list hehe*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                +1 If you lived near me I'd say bring it down here. Hubby is ex motor mechanic and not shy of doing oil changes; he'd do it for free...well,cost of the oil. Although, £70 doesn't sound too bad when you consider the cost of oil nowadays. It's the rest you need to be wary about. What car do you have? You can probably find out the code for the brake pads and look them up (that's what we did with the PT Crusier as the garage wanted to charge us £300... er, they cost about £80 and Charles fitted them himself in an afternoon.
                Tempting tempting!!
                Oil at my work is really cheap though, at least I hope it's the right type of oil anyway (I haven't bought any, don't worry hee!) But a 1, maybe 2ltr bottle is about £3odd (and the HUGE bottle is £10)

I've got a Nissan Micra (1275cc) P reg
                I could attempt to crawl under the car tomorrow haha. I was googling parts to find out how much they'd be.
                A repair guy (only does repairs and not mots etc) once told me to check out this site (that I've lovely forgotten the name of - it's like confused.com/comparethemarket but for car parts) for my bumper/used parts. He once saved a guy like £200 by telling him to go there rather than a dealer so the guy gave him like £20 for that! Nice guy.

I have something great to share!

I'm working on my first FILM!!!!! Well, not mine, mine, but first film for me and actually a first real job experience in this department. I've done some minor editing for student films, but this is completley different, because I get to be on set, and see how everything works (and I was in the office with them before the shooting began when actually everything gets prepared for filming...).

The director is awesome (she's younger then I'd expect, but brilliant), director of photography even more so. The whole crew has me in awe and I'm soooooooooooo freaking happy!

Also, there are some great actors of Serbian film working with us which is just a bonus to everything that I've experienced in the days I was with them...

I'm so exhausted, 'cause the shooting starts at like eight, and ends when the program for the day is done (which is usually around midnight). And... my feet stink

((((huggles)))))
                CONGRATS ((((HUGS))))

Comment

I'm not on it either.....
                  Yes you are.....

February 14th - Laurie
                  March 9th - Fainne
                  March 11th - Achaja
                  May 2nd - Brad
                  May 3rd - Kliggins
                  May 11th - Jann
                  May 19th - Oma
                  June 5th - Bekki
                  June 21th - Devilish Me
                  June 29 – Luvnjack
                  July 21st - Kirdy
                  August 10th - Jumble
                  August 27th - Helen Magnum
                  September 11th - Josiane
                  September 13th – Jasmina
                  September 20th - Yessika
                  October 7th - Nad
                  October 14th - Coopie
                  October 16th - The Joe
                  October 30th- Kerry +1
                  November 1st - Sarai
                  December 23rd - The Dan

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    Wow! Dee that sounds AWESOME!!! Congratulations

See how easy it is to learn these things...... just ask the older WooHoos

Yes Laurie, I mean you!

*runz*
                    I'm gonna go put a marker line on a penny tomorrow

Comment

Hey Jumble -

sigpic

Comment

Off to class, later Woohoos!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Hey Jumble -

And I've just realised that puts you right underneath Martin

*wanders off muttering about inconsiderate parents........*

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                            Wow!!!

Congrats!!! *super squishy tackle huggles*
                            Thankkk you!!!! *giggles*

Oy, Cags, I really really don't know how you do it. Or anyone with children for that matter. I can't stand when children cry... I just want to hug them and never let go. I guess it's good that I don't actually have children yet Tough choices parents have to make.

Jumble
                            I read a while ago that you have new children in your care! Just didn't have the energy to say something, but that's great!!!

+1... I'd love to help you but don't know the first thing about cars, tires, oil... my brother had to tell me a hundred times before I remembered what exactly it is that I'm driving
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Thankkk you!!!! *giggles*

Oy, Cags, I really really don't know how you do it. Or anyone with children for that matter. I can't stand when children cry... I just want to hug them and never let go. I guess it's good that I don't actually have children yet Tough choices parents have to make.

Jumble
                              I read a while ago that you have new children in your care! Just didn't have the energy to say something, but that's great!!!
                              Indeed it is! And they're my kind of children - all cuddly and happy-go-lucky - eat everything I offer them and don't think it odd that I sit on the floor with them all day Did I tell you I LOVE MY JOB?

+1... I'd love to help you but don't know the first thing about cars, tires, oil... my brother had to tell me a hundred times before I remembered what exactly it is that I'm driving
                              We all start off that way, but we learn

Comment

Originally posted by llp
                                Hey Jumble -

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                And I've just realised that puts you right underneath Martin

*wanders off muttering about inconsiderate parents........*
                                Happily dances around - (stretches reaching arms way above head) hehehehehe

Where are those dancing penquins when you want them??

Thanks!
                                Last edited by llp; 08 September 2010, 02:21 PM. Reason: Add those penquins!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X