Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs Valerie* It'll be okay.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      *squishy huggles Valerie*
      Thanks.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      *hugs Valerie* It'll be okay.
      Thanks, and I know. What really boggles me is that it was a fic! Not even the real show. Man, I must be more easily influenced then I thought.

*Hugs back*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
        *comes into the thread exhausted*

*plops on couch nekkid, only because I am doing laundry for the 100th time*

Long story, short: My daughter came home from school on Friday with lice. Oh it was so gross! This might be TMI, but I need to get it off my chest (hair?). This is one of the disadvantages of public schools. Our entire family received a treatment (even though my husband and I didn't have it) right away and it killed the lice. Thank you, Nix. I have been cleaning my entire house for four days now. They will not return! I feel like those monkeys in the wild that are picking at their kids fur and eating the bugs. I did not eat them! I hope you guys never have to go through this. If I find the kid that gave my kids lice, oh their parents will be in trouble.

*sighs in disgust*
        *hugs Trek*
        I feel your pain

My brother came home from school last year with the rotten things (he is in high school) and of course everyone was treated. But then he went back to school and came home with them again and again. In the end the only way to get rid of them was to cut all of his hair off. Thankfully they have not returned.

*hugs Valerie*

Comment

Thanks for the hugs guys *Hugs back*

Here is the fic in question.
          And the Prequel.
          So sad.
          I wouldn't recommended reading either without a fluffy story, like this

Oh, they're all Bones fics.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

And to Jumble, have fun meeting MW. Just don't knock him down when you jump on him.
            As if I wood I'm going to be very well behaved and quiet as a mouse. He won't even know I'm there

SE is at the end of July - 163 days away

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              Aww Trek. Fear not, persistence is a virtue. Also, when I was a kid, something we did to keep them away was use those fine-tooth combs everyday, morning and evening.

Though my head is itching now at the mere thought of them. Eeek.
              I remember those...mom found them really useful and thought it was fun to use those on me instead of a normal comb(plus the fact that she could always check me then)

Jumble you´re awake early!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I remember those...mom found them really useful and thought it was fun to use those on me instead of a normal comb(plus the fact that she could always check me then)

Jumble you´re awake early!
                I was Sleep is hard to come by lately

Nik it doesn't matter what sort of school your kids go to, they're bound to get headlice at some point. *hugs*

Comment

*hugs Jumble* I hope you can sleep normal soon again
                  sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos

So I'm still sick and not in work *sigh*

*hugs Treknik for icky lice and Valerie for sadfics and Jumble for lack of sleep*

Valerie, it's not weird at all to cry, it just shows the fic was really well written and believable for the characters that you like so much. I was in bits after reading a certain fic by VSS last year

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

*huggles Josi* Go watch some WW and curl up with some tea. (Oh and that episode you mentioned on Live Journal, it comes on Wednesday morning...and I'll be able to see the whole thing! *bounces*)
                    I did And dare say I will some more today
                    And *squee* for that WW ep - though try and make sure to watch the Election Day two parter if you can first - trust me
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs Josi*

*yawns* Class is booooooooooring.

I think it's time for some Martin spam...
                      *drumroll*

Sheeeeeeeeeep
                      *cough*
                      sigpic

Comment

*hugs Josiane for being sick* Just take it easy and spoil yourself for the day

Jann whatever happened to the WHITE SHIRT ALERT??

Comment

Errr....

Jumble just so you know...white shirt alert...

I was distracted by Shep...I forget things then...

Finally 10 min break...
                          sigpic

Comment

*runz in*

*huggles Josi for poorlyness* Have a sofa day and try not to go mental on too much daytime TV. When you start seeing superinmposed images of Lorne Spicer and Dominic Littlewood when you close your eyes, you know it's time to turn over.

*huggles Jumble for lack of sleep* Insomnia is just horrible.

You realise the whole "Lice only live on clean hair" is a fallacy. Probably invented to make otherwise hygeinic and clean parents feel better about their children getting it. Anyone - clean or dirty can get it; it's just one of those things. There's a pretty good link to treating it on this article: http://www.abc.net.au/health/talking...11/2271382.htm
                            My nan used to use the comb and conditioner (handcream in her case) method, if I recall.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              *runz in*

*huggles Josi for poorlyness* Have a sofa day and try not to go mental on too much daytime TV. When you start seeing superinmposed images of Lorne Spicer and Dominic Littlewood when you close your eyes, you know it's time to turn over.
                              Noted But it's OK, I'm watching the olympics - figure skating on eurosport, yay! A much better way to distract myself
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Noted But it's OK, I'm watching the olympics - figure skating on eurosport, yay! A much better way to distract myself
                                Nice...is it btw bad that I am jealous at you being able to watch daytime TV...

and all that lice talk makes me itchy
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X