No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*is ignoring the ship threads (all of them)* And see how much happier I am for that?

*huggles Josi* Go watch some WW and curl up with some tea. (Oh and that episode you mentioned on Live Journal, it comes on Wednesday morning...and I'll be able to see the whole thing! *bounces*)

*huggles Bree* Aww man that sucks about the viruses.

Sarai, I still swear I'm living in 2001-2002 and thing then realize that that was 8-9 years ago!

*huggles everyone else who might need it*

You know...this is the only Martin in shorts pic that I have!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Umm, sowwy.

*huggles Woohoos*

Woodnight Jumble. Woodnight Josi (hope you are feeling better tomorrow).
      sigpic

Comment

Some people really confuse me :/

I try not to take other peoples opinion too strongly, but wow...
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles everyone*

*sigh* Carnival is over(have school tomorrow...they planned our "carnival break" next week a week too late...there goes my drunken party)
          And only 3 birthdays left this month (or 4 down 3 to go)
          sigpic

Comment

*comes into the thread exhausted*

*plops on couch nekkid, only because I am doing laundry for the 100th time*

Long story, short: My daughter came home from school on Friday with lice. Oh it was so gross! This might be TMI, but I need to get it off my chest (hair?). This is one of the disadvantages of public schools. Our entire family received a treatment (even though my husband and I didn't have it) right away and it killed the lice. Thank you, Nix. I have been cleaning my entire house for four days now. They will not return! I feel like those monkeys in the wild that are picking at their kids fur and eating the bugs. I did not eat them! I hope you guys never have to go through this. If I find the kid that gave my kids lice, oh their parents will be in trouble.

*sighs in disgust*

BTW, Jumble, excuse my ignorance, but where are you meeting MW? And what is WW?
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              BTW, Jumble, excuse my ignorance, but where are you meeting MW? And what is WW?

*huggles Treknik for exhaustion*

Because Jumble has gone to bed, (I am sure she won't mind me saying) her and Sarai are going to the Sanctuary Experience in Vancouver in... oh when is it again? Some time in the summer isn't it?

WW is, I assume, The West Wing.

As for the nasty lice... *hugs* Unfortunately it's one of those things that's become practically endemic in some areas. When I was a child only the occasional outbreak and the odd child got it but now... in my area they say expect every school to have an epidemic at least three or four times a year. My niece's little girl has only been at school (including pre-school) 18 months and she's had them twice already. I think you need to re-treat after a week or so because they treatments you get don't necessarily kill the eggs. Anyway, it's nothing to be ashamed of, even if it is a bit gross.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Because Jumble has gone to bed, (I am sure she won't mind me saying) her and Sarai are going to the Sanctuary Experience in Vancouver in... oh when is it again? Some time in the summer isn't it?

As for the nasty lice... *hugs* Unfortunately it's one of those things that's become practically endemic in some areas. When I was a child only the occasional outbreak and the odd child got it but now... in my area they say expect every school to have an epidemic at least three or four times a year. My niece's little girl has only been at school (including pre-school) 18 months and she's had them twice already. I think you need to re-treat after a week or so because they treatments you get don't necessarily kill the eggs. Anyway, it's nothing to be ashamed of, even if it is a bit gross.
                You are correct.

*huggles Trek for the cleaning and ickyness*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

My daughter is in preschool. If I have to deal with this through the elementary years, I am going to shave her hair off. I have already planned on giving our family a second treatment whether we have them or not. Better safe than sorry. I am a neat freak so having this "problem" is horrible. How much more can I clean my house?

WW is West Wing, ok now I understand. I have never seen it, but I don't want to start. I already have too many TV shows I am watching. I have to DVR all of them.

And to Jumble, have fun meeting MW. Just don't knock him down when you jump on him.
                  sigpic

Comment

*hugs Trek* Ahhh the wonderful world of the lice. Quite common in here and since we had so many outbreaks when I was a little kid that my primary school checked us after every school vacation...quite annoying but it really helped...certainly when kids can be deathly in the matter("eww" "gross") and thus let the parents do the job with cleaning the kids(and the house)....although from what I learned as a kid, the cleaner you are the more attracted the lice are to you (found that funny too but apparently lice like clean people more than dirty ones)

Can I btw say that it's weird that you gals have Pre-school...we only start with school when we are 4 years old...before that we are just home or put in daycares(or have a nanny)

*sigh* Speed skating is turning out in a debacle since they can't seem to clean the ice...
                    *goes off to bed*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      *hugs Trek* Ahhh the wonderful world of the lice. Quite common in here and since we had so many outbreaks when I was a little kid that my primary school checked us after every school vacation...quite annoying but it really helped...certainly when kids can be deathly in the matter("eww" "gross") and thus let the parents do the job with cleaning the kids(and the house)....although from what I learned as a kid, the cleaner you are the more attracted the lice are to you (found that funny too but apparently lice like clean people more than dirty ones)

Can I btw say that it's weird that you gals have Pre-school...we only start with school when we are 4 years old...before that we are just home or put in daycares(or have a nanny)

*sigh* Speed skating is turning out in a debacle since they can't seem to clean the ice...
                      *goes off to bed*
                      Just peachy to the bolded part.

I never went to preschool when I was younger, now it is a must. Two years of preschool to prepare you for elementary. What we learned in Kindergarten, they learn in preschool.

I haven't watched any of the olympics except for the opening ceremony. I am more a summer olympics person. Softball, track, volleyball. Now those are my sports.
                      sigpic

Comment

Aww Trek. Fear not, persistence is a virtue. Also, when I was a kid, something we did to keep them away was use those fine-tooth combs everyday, morning and evening.

Though my head is itching now at the mere thought of them. Eeek.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          Aww Trek. Fear not, persistence is a virtue. Also, when I was a kid, something we did to keep them away was use those fine-tooth combs everyday, morning and evening.

Though my head is itching now at the mere thought of them. Eeek.
                          That is what I am doing. The kids don't like it, but it makes me feel better when I don't see anything in their hair.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

*goes off to bed*
                            That is just about what I was going to say

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                            That is what I am doing. The kids don't like it, but it makes me feel better when I don't see anything in their hair.
                            Yep, the comb is very effective. Stick to it, they will thank you later (((Trek)))
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*Walks in sobbing*
                              I don't know why I'm crying, over a fanfic! It's just so sad. *Weeps* And I'm a wuss when it comes to character deaths.
                              I think I need a hug.
                              sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Valerie*
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X